Fordmods Logo

BRY40L 

Page 8 of 76 [ 1140 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 76  Next

Post subject: Re: **BRY40L's el 5 speed**
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Fairmont Ghia & TS Magna

NSW, Australia

yes 98 fuel does make a huge noticeable difference in all the small engines that i have owned.

95 in the magna as it is tuned from factory to run on 95.
98 in the fairmont, with ocassional octane booster and fuel injector cleaner only the best for this car
98 in the ride-on mower, push mower and whipper snipper
vortex diesel in the massey ferguson tractor

so all good full, used in conjuction with synthetic oils :twisted:

I don't know what to write in here LOL
Bear's Build Thread

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

my dad has a massey ferguson, i think hes actually older than it, and its bloody old! lol

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

thinking about building an n/a motor for the el, ported head, bit of a cam extractors etc. and one of these
Attachment:
image.jpg

im either going to make one, or make individual throttlebodys or if mr xcabbi will part with this one and if he still has it, i may just buy it off him

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Reading benjs build thread motivated me to go outside and actually put my car back together and have a tinker since its been sitting in the shed for weeks, im a really lazy bastard,i had a play with the diagnostics on thedash board and found my tacho is out by 100-200 rpm, which i kinda guessed it was since the needle does move around a little when holding it at 1 rev, but nothing too serious to worry about since ill just be fitting my fairmont cluster after rego anyway.
so far driving in my back yard at 10 km/h i found the speedos out by 3 km lol.

I may have found a ford festiva from a friend that will be up for sale soon, as "shes sick of fixing things on it" because the clutch is shot, so ill offer her a reasonable amount of dollhairs for it and use that to get around for a few months if all goes well in the next fortnite and i get employment from all the resumes ive handed out and companies ive called. if it turns out to be a really good car ill be keeping it as my daily and the falcon will probably stay in the shed most of the time.

BF XR6

Last edited by bry40l on Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1991 Ford Fairmont Ghia

New Zealand

Hard good stuff man, just don't let it stay in the shed too long!

Build Thread - More of a mismatch of parts :P the-garage-f53/seftons-ea-t106586.html

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

the longer it sits there the more money i have for better bits, i dare say if i was to rego it and had a cheapy to run around in id end up driving the el and the cheapy would be parked in the shed rotting lol

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

starting my first shift at 6:30 tonite, just a 4 hour shift at a high school with another bloke, money for nothin 8-) cant wait for rego, ill post up some pics of the old pulsar hack that im using for work that i borrowed from a friend without a licence, it comes fully optioned with 3 speed auto transmission sony explode sub, and epic fail

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

the pulsar after todays incident
Attachment:
GetAttachment.aspx.jpg

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

im 99% sure ive scored a dihatsu charade for $200 with april next year rego mag wheels tinted windows and a brand new water pump, just the passenger side has had a scrape on it from a brick wall, but its all i need to get around for work, "on the sniff of an oily rag"

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Turns out the charade had done the timing belt, when i found out it had come off i figured it would of bent some valves and as i guessed when the bloke put the belt back on it it had no compression so i steered well away from it.

Went looking for a decent battery for a reasonable price today, and found that supercheaps SCA brand batteries and their other batteries which are cheaper again are the same price as a very good battery from the auto eleco's around the corner from me $130-$135.Their century batteries are 180-200 odd dollhairs at ubercheap so obviously ive made my mind up when i get payed some more monkeys from work ill be getting the auto elecos decent battery.

Other than that im also going to see the rta and find out about taking my car for blue slip, not sure if i need to get some number plates issued to me before i can drive it over for a blue slip, im fairly confident it will pass but the back tyres are very slightly worn on the outsides but in all honesty its hardly even noticable unless you have very close and long inspection on them like i did. hopefully rego will be coming in a few more weeks, boss keeps promising me 40 hours work every week i just cant wait to actually get them hours so i can pay some debts and get on top of everything that involves money :)

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:11 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

the rta wont issue you with plates untill it passes blue slip.. drive it to get the blue slip, then drive it home.. proving your going directly to get the blue slip your fine...

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Troyman is right.
Call the blueslip place and get them to physically write in their appointment book that you are coming down for a blue slip.
Write a letter to yourself you keep in the glove box stating you are driving to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for the purposes of a blue slip inspection at xxxx am/pm on xx/xx/2011
Then if you get pulled over you can show the copper the letter and he can check that your legit with the garage.
Also even though the car is unregistered DISPLAY YOUR P PLATES somewhere on the car.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
the rta wont issue you with plates untill it passes blue slip.. drive it to get the blue slip, then drive it home.. proving your going directly to get the blue slip your fine...

EVL098 wrote:
Troyman is right.
Call the blueslip place and get them to physically write in their appointment book that you are coming down for a blue slip.
Write a letter to yourself you keep in the glove box stating you are driving to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for the purposes of a blue slip inspection at xxxx am/pm on xx/xx/2011
Then if you get pulled over you can show the copper the letter and he can check that your legit with the garage.
Also even though the car is unregistered DISPLAY YOUR P PLATES somewhere on the car.

ok this is what my brother did but since he does almost everything wrong i just wasnt sure if it was the right way to do it or the quick way lol, thanks

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

long time since an update, yesterday i installed my power steering pump which i rebuilt with a kit off ebay for $17 delivered and i had a problem where it wasnt pumping and the steering was the same as if the car was turned off, i pulled the pump back off and apart to find that a cirlclip i thought didnt look right when i put the pump together had fallen loose and it wasnt making any pressure so i popped it back on and this time i made sure the circlip was seated properly and round 2 of installing the pump happend, ive checked it this morning and ran the car for a while and there are no leaks and the steering is fine, also bought a battery from s**t yesterday for $80 and it was the cheapest brand they had and not supposed to be big enough for cars with fuel injection but it starts the car better than my mums 6 month old expensive brand battery from her magna lol
also possibly going to get registration on the way next month as im applying for a credit card with a 1%pa interest rate for the first 5 months, im only getting enough for rego plus a little bit extra for any problems i may have with the car i may not be able to afford, once i get more hours at work the card will be chopped up so i dont keep using it and be forever paying the darn thing off.
might take a picture of the car and upload it later alth nothing has really changed on it :mrgreen:

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hmm almost keen now to go get a blue slip just for an excuse to drive it out to warners bay :D

BF XR6

Sort by  
 Page 8 of 76  [ 1140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 76  Next