Fordmods Logo

BRY40L 

Page 9 of 76 [ 1140 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 76  Next

Post subject: Re: **BRY40L's el 5 speed**
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

hmm definatly need lower gears for this thing.. mm 3.45 lsd is definatly playing on my mind, rego first though

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Post subject: Re: **BRY40L's el 5 speed** and the mrs camry :/
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well the mrs got a camry off her father that had been in a small stack, and needs rego by rebuary so i guess the falcon sits in the shed longer and the camry comes first, it needs a roof lining bumper headlight and 4 tyres and i guess because ill be using it for work and she never has any money ill be paying, she tryed telling me the falcon has to go because now we have the camry but PFT when hells frozen over is the only answer she got!!! lol
she doesnt have a licence so i guess the longer the falcon sits in the shed the less wear and tear it gets on it

does anyone know if the 5 stud falcon wheels from e series will be fine on the camry? because at least i can save on tyres for rego then ill just need the roof lining and bumper and h light
Attachment:
390631_10150471275969144_691189143_8332808_2040653216_n.jpg

sorry dc todd, no boobs in this thread just old lady camrys :twisted:

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Post subject: Re: **BRY40L's el 5 speed**
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Futura DUH

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
long time since an update, yesterday i installed my power steering pump which i rebuilt with a kit off ebay for $17 delivered and i had a problem where it wasnt pumping and the steering was the same as if the car was turned off, i pulled the pump back off and apart to find that a cirlclip i thought didnt look right when i put the pump together had fallen loose and it wasnt making any pressure so i popped it back on and this time i made sure the circlip was seated properly and round 2 of installing the pump happend, ive checked it this morning and ran the car for a while and there are no leaks and the steering is fine, also bought a battery from s**t yesterday for $80 and it was the cheapest brand they had and not supposed to be big enough for cars with fuel injection but it starts the car better than my mums 6 month old expensive brand battery from her magna lol
also possibly going to get registration on the way next month as im applying for a credit card with a 1%pa interest rate for the first 5 months, im only getting enough for rego plus a little bit extra for any problems i may have with the car i may not be able to afford, once i get more hours at work the card will be chopped up so i dont keep using it and be forever paying the darn thing off.
might take a picture of the car and upload it later alth nothing has really changed on it :mrgreen:

:lol: You cheap bastard..lol
Those bastard batteries give me some serious grief at work.. Let me guess, Best Buy?
Nasty piece of kit they are.

Little hint: if it s**t itself, tell them you had it in an old Datto or simmilar or you will be stuck with a battery that wont be warranted.

1996 EF Futura factory manual
Fully rebuilt engine,Decked, Honed, Bored, Tolerences spot on, Wade 1673, Extractors, 2.5" zorst, 3" CAI, High flow filter, Exedy sports tuff clutch, Chiptorque tune.
Future Mods: A mortgage...

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

they only come with 6 months warranty and if anyone asks it was in a ford laser which is carby fed with no cd player and its my grandmothers haha, yeah just wanted a battery good enough to start it and move it round for now, then ill get a good battery after rego, cant see the point in getting a good one really if its sitting around for weeks without being driven anyway but just got sick of putting mums battery in the darn thing.
as for the camry it has a good battery in it so it wont give me any grief and i just realised i can put 6 months rego on it because it hasent ran out its still got rego on it so ill fix it up throw 6 months on it and use it for a while save up a crap load and then park the camry for a while and get the mighty ford out of hibernation, might try and smash a heap of 12 hour night shifts 6 nights a week if the boss has them for me and have a camry and foulcooon to drive, if the mrs got her Ls i wouldnt really use it id leave it for her to learn in because thats why it was bought

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Futura DUH

NSW, Australia

Haha... can't help it if you dont have the money I guess.

Is the camry a V6 or manual? FWD can be fun, a bit of the old slow-mo drift on maccas trays :lol:
Had some fun times in FWD's.

1996 EF Futura factory manual
Fully rebuilt engine,Decked, Honed, Bored, Tolerences spot on, Wade 1673, Extractors, 2.5" zorst, 3" CAI, High flow filter, Exedy sports tuff clutch, Chiptorque tune.
Future Mods: A mortgage...

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

3.0litre v6, its actually called a vienta or some s**t but i think that just means like the fairmont of camrys , it doesnt have power windows so its not too fancy, has awesome air con though,
the tyres are bald as F**k so today i might chase up the front bumper and/or headlight for the passenger side and look into getting 2 second hand tyres for the back of the EHELL because im quite sure the wheels will fit off that onto the camry?

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:54 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

afaik the camry wheels are +40 offset, e series are +6 so it would be like putting e series wheels on an au...

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ok thats a fail then, :cry:

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

going to book the el in for a blue slip this morning to see if she will pass and try to get it registered in the next week or

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

what is a blue slip? is it like an inspection?

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Troy wrote:
what is a blue slip? is it like an inspection?

we have pink slip which is every year once the car comes to the end of its previous registration it gets checked and they look at tyres and a brake test jack the front end up and all that jazz, and blue slips cost a little extra and they are supposed to do all the same checks but a a more thorough check because its been out of rego more than 3 months
and green slip is the insurance in case people are hurt in the car in an accident and thats compulsory if your putting rego on the car you need to pay the green slip first before the rego

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well they knocked her for the back tyres because they were worn on the outside from being on the front of the fairmont a long time ago which i knew he would if anything was going to stop it i knew it would be them, but it was worth a try dropping the pressure a little to make them sit flatter and be less noticable lol, so just need 2 decent tyres and he will tick it off and im done,
i noticed the t5 or the diff had a whine on the way out to boolaroo but on the way back the noise had stopped so i guess it was just from sitting for 2 years without being driven, because i needed new tyres when i dropped my mate off i dropped a skid and left 1 single mark out the front of his house(on private road) :lol: and it instantly hit the limiter in a split second

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Attachment:
396990_10150473009314144_691189143_8338609_2028565880_n.jpg

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Subaru Liberty RX Wagon MY03

NSW, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
afaik the camry wheels are +40 offset, e series are +6 so it would be like putting e series wheels on an au...

Also camry is 5 x 100mm PCD same as Subaru Impreza. 114.3 for Falcon

Current ride: MY03 Liberty RX Wagon
EBII S-XR6, Now 5 speed. Moved on to greener pastures...

Post subject: Re: **BRY40L's el 5 speed** and the mrs camry
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:38 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

evxr6 wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:

Also camry is 5 x 100mm PCD same as Subaru Impreza. 114.3 for Falcon

Later model is 114.3, same as Ford, but with 40mm offset

Sort by  
 Page 9 of 76  [ 1140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 76  Next