Fordmods Logo

BRY40L 

Page 10 of 76 [ 1140 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 76  Next

Post subject: Re: **BRY40L's el 5 speed** and the mrs camry
Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

booked the car in for 2 new tyres tuesday morning then after wards ill run out boolaroo and get the tyres ticked off and get her registered :D

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Post subject: Re: **BRY40L's el 5 speed** and the mrs camry :/
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1991 Ford Fairmont Ghia

New Zealand

EFFUTURA4.05SP wrote:
Haha... can't help it if you dont have the money I guess.

Is the camry a V6 or manual? FWD can be fun, a bit of the old slow-mo drift on maccas trays :lol:
Had some fun times in FWD's.

+1 for maccas trays and a 84, 4 speed manual laser 1300 carby :P

Build Thread - More of a mismatch of parts :P the-garage-f53/seftons-ea-t106586.html

Post subject: Re: **BRY40L's el 5 speed** and the mrs camry :/
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Sefton wrote:
EFFUTURA4.05SP wrote:
Haha... can't help it if you dont have the money I guess.

Is the camry a V6 or manual? FWD can be fun, a bit of the old slow-mo drift on maccas trays :lol:
Had some fun times in FWD's.

+1 for maccas trays and a 84, 4 speed manual laser 1300 carby :P

i had an 84 and 86 laser 1.3 4speed and 1.5 5 speed paddock bashers, man you ant kill them.

the 1.3 had no carby and no spark plugs and no bonnet for 3 months after i had thrashed crap outa it and then parked in in the paddock, one day i towed it round in gear and the cylinders were full of water, once i got the water out i put a carby on it and some spark plugs which i found next to where it was parked on the ground, sprayed some wd40 on them and in the carby, threw some petty down the carb and off she went with a massive puff of smoke, put the dizzy in and timing was f**k up, it had the headers glowing red hot.
that thing went for another month over the holidays with my mates and me holding it on the red line every gear and in the end the dizzy died so we rolled it down a hill into a tree at about 60 clicks, :D

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

can someone tell me if these are th real mcoy king springs for this price it seems a little too cheap to be true?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EA-EB-ED-EF-EL-FORD-FALCON-REAR-LOWERED-KING-SPRINGS-/330652021608?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cfc657368 for 110 plus postage i thought it sounded dodgy, maybe bad quality or just a cheaper version of kings being sold as kings?

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

came straight off a 12 hour shift last night to take the el in for new tyres on the rear and altho i got the cheapies( not retreads of course) @$80 each brand new they are stickie as hell and when you touch them they are quite soft, when i got some rims that had almost new triangle branded tyres fitted they are hard as hell and didnt grip very well but im pretty impressed with these ones, wonder how much road noise they produce though or how quick theyl flog out even if i dont get a heavy foot, probably clear the blue slip tommorow and pay for the rego , since im not working tommorrow ill probably go for a drive into the foreshore in the night

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Futura DUH

NSW, Australia

What brand?
I bought (4) 235/45/17 tyres, Brand new for $250 (Yes FOUR new 17" tyres at $62.50 a pop). They are Rotella From Tyres For Less in Fairfield. I've had Triangles (payed $100 ea) and didnt like them as they didn't grip and only lasted about 10,000 kms!

I would offer some advice with the cheapies though, to ensure they are never under inflated as SOME tend to split thier sidewalls, and learn the limits of your car in the wet as most give the handling characteristics of a shopping trolley when damp :lol: Had a couple of decent lockups in the wet with these tyres. :shock:

1996 EF Futura factory manual
Fully rebuilt engine,Decked, Honed, Bored, Tolerences spot on, Wade 1673, Extractors, 2.5" zorst, 3" CAI, High flow filter, Exedy sports tuff clutch, Chiptorque tune.
Future Mods: A mortgage...

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Futura DUH

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
can someone tell me if these are th real mcoy king springs for this price it seems a little too cheap to be true?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EA-EB-ED-EF-EL-FORD-FALCON-REAR-LOWERED-KING-SPRINGS-/330652021608?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cfc657368 for 110 plus postage i thought it sounded dodgy, maybe bad quality or just a cheaper version of kings being sold as kings?

That looks fair to me. I can sell them at work for $120-$150 a pair so, yeah seems legit.

1996 EF Futura factory manual
Fully rebuilt engine,Decked, Honed, Bored, Tolerences spot on, Wade 1673, Extractors, 2.5" zorst, 3" CAI, High flow filter, Exedy sports tuff clutch, Chiptorque tune.
Future Mods: A mortgage...

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

EFFUTURA4.05SP wrote:
What brand?
I bought (4) 235/45/17 tyres, Brand new for $250 (Yes FOUR new 17" tyres at $62.50 a pop). They are Rotella From Tyres For Less in Fairfield. I've had Triangles (payed $100 ea) and didnt like them as they didn't grip and only lasted about 10,000 kms!

I would offer some advice with the cheapies though, to ensure they are never under inflated as SOME tend to split thier sidewalls, and learn the limits of your car in the wet as most give the handling characteristics of a shopping trolley when damp :lol: Had a couple of decent lockups in the wet with these tyres. :shock:

yeah i had triangles, and my mum has triangles, worst tyre ever, in the wet they have the handling of a piece of s**t,
every corner i seem to turn into hard the car seems to stick there and its got the standard boat handling suspension lol, definatly need a new clutch, and theres a wind somewhere or some sort of noise which is getting under my skin, got nfi where its coming from but im 99% certain it isnt the gearbox or diff now it may be a wheel bearing in the front, other than that its a good car, going to get rego right now just waiting on an email for the green slip

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

so far i cant get it regoed because i dont have a recipt with my full name on it from the previous owner, and i dont have a green slip aparently even though ive payed the 560 for it, i havent recieved an email and the rta havent recieved a notification, always happens to me, everyone else gets by except me lol, already attempting to blow the f**k out of the diff/t5 on the way back from the rta, giving it hell, not being able to get any sleep and working 12 hour night shift does this to a man, cant wait to get outta this town and away from all this s**t

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

got my recipt sorted out thanks to "xpvanman" who is always very helpfull when i need something for my cars , also have an xr6 ratio lsd lined up for when i get some more coin, but as usual i dont have any at the moment :evil: , will definatly give the el more poke when i get around to getting it.

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1991 Ford Fairmont Ghia

New Zealand

t5 holds up pretty well under a thrashing ae, well so far :)

Build Thread - More of a mismatch of parts :P the-garage-f53/seftons-ea-t106586.html

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

im pretty keen to get an upgraded shifter for mine, but other than that and the clutch its all good, and those stupid long ratios from the diff

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well i need to replace the rear end rubbers as it sways around a bit when going down the free way on a straight road and cornering is a bit hectiic at speed, thats just giving me more of an excuse to buy this lsd lol, just need to know, whats the best aftermarket rubber kit to get for the el? superpro i think is one brand which is good?

and the front left wheel bearing is causing me havock which i first thought was my gear box, the clutch has decided to be much better since ive been driving the car it now grips better and makes gear changes smoother
i had a honda civic try to race me off the lights on a hill, he had a very rude shock from a silver el in the left lane when he herd a wheel chirp and an el overtaking at speed :D

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

put my exhaust on today :D , anyone want the old standard system? its in really good nick still, just needs new rubber mounts and a cat to exhaust gasget

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

also you wouldnt believe what i seen today, a commodore with the number plates"gmh" instead of "chev" lol

BF XR6

Sort by  
 Page 10 of 76  [ 1140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 76  Next