Fordmods Logo

BRY40L 

Page 12 of 76 [ 1140 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 76  Next

Post subject: Re: **BRY40L's el 5 speed** and the mrs camry
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
i would go with the xr seats, the full leather looks to plain imo. i would even go with normal fairmont seats before the leather..

i have a set of fairmont seats at my dads from my first car but i was thinking leather or xr seats, xr seats seem better in my eyes too because i hate sitting in leather seats on a hot day lol
also leather seats are really aged now in the e series.
just still cant decide because i can get them for a good price and i like the look of them

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Nice 4by! :P
Xr seats for sure. Nice firm bolsters hold you in very well going sideways. :lol:
I was gonna get mine retrimmed in leather or vinyl but threw that idea out of the window when i remembered last summer. 45* + leather = bad smell...
So i got suede!

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

the sam wrote:
Nice 4by! :P
Xr seats for sure. Nice firm bolsters hold you in very well going sideways. :lol:
I was gonna get mine retrimmed in leather or vinyl but threw that idea out of the window when i remembered last summer. 45* + leather = bad smell...
So i got suede!

yes it does sit high, getting low springs soon so shush! lol yeah i was thinking the same thing,cornering or sideways action the xr seats are better,

got a sticker off ebay the other day, will post the picture up later
im sure people have seen them fake warning stickers on ebay lol, got a stig one, also getting a no fat chicks sticker this week for both back doors if i can be bothered buying them, might change my mindbefore then lol.

troyman or anyone else who knows, can i get a nice neat fordmods sticker for the back window from anyone or do i have to get it made myself?
if i need to get them made ill get a good one designed and it wont be too big or over the top just neat, and ill sell them to fmods members for cost price plus postage 8-)

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well the sticker turned up and it was s**t quality, the writing was smuged and it was really thin and hardly sticky, cleaned the armour all off the dash board and stuck it on and the f**k thing didnt even wanna stick, and yet they gave me a sticker for their company to put on my car and guess what, it was better quality than the sticker i actually purchased, it may have only costed a few bucks but i still expect decent quality so not happy now will give him a bad rating on evilbay and give you all advise not to bother with their s**t :evil:

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:50 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:

troyman or anyone else who knows, can i get a nice neat fordmods sticker for the back window from anyone or do i have to get it made myself?
if i need to get them made ill get a good one designed and it wont be too big or over the top just neat, and ill sell them to fmods members for cost price plus postage 8-)

dc todd was getting small ones made up over xmas, send him a pm, he may get a few larger ones made up, otherwise you can get your own if you like..

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
I personally didnt try the EL Leather seats, maybe someone can confirm if they do the same as the XR seats.

XR seats sit high. In fact i hated it when i had the XR. My ED falcon Futura had great seats.

the el gli seats sit higher than the ef fairmont cloth seats ive noticed, but im not very tall anyway so it doesnt bother me too much

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
bry40l wrote:

dc todd was getting small ones made up over xmas, send him a pm, he may get a few larger ones made up, otherwise you can get your own if you like..

ok thanks ill hit him up now

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

lol, vt's sit pretty low in the seat dont they?

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

i find the seats in my fairmont sit about the right height for me, i can see traffic lights with out ducking like i have to do in mums ba and i don't feel like i'm sitting on the floor, in fact i'd say the hole el set up is more comfortable for me as a driver than mums ba

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

Our el ghia has full leather, it felt high untill i started playing with the knobs and got it lower. very cumfy,good for a cruisy auto. but i l'd rather the sporty feel in a manual. i just got the plain gli ones (for now) which hold me in, so i'd go for the xr seats

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i think im aiming for xr seats now, will suit the fast car kinda thing i have going with these 15 inch wheels and the sound of it, and its not like its got anything else special on it for comfort anyway, exept the fourby boat handling suspension lol

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i have one plugged in to the standard loom and it doesnt work, doesnt even light up because i havent added the wires, just wanted to fill the hole, its one of them jobs i pushed aside lol

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

scored a set of second hand extractors off a forum member who i bought the car off along with a cat that will fit up to the cat back exhaust system so will probably fit that this week after i pick it up :D love this modding s**t but i just hope it doesnt get out of hand lol.

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Oh no! The bug has bitten!! :shock:

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
Modding can be expensive, girlfriends more expensive.

:shock:

my girl friend buys what she wants, i buy what i want, but if shes buying herself dinner shes buying me dinner! lol
altho i put petrol in the car to run her to work every day so i guess i deserve kfc at least twice a week for that.

really need to do something about the back end, its very floaty with a full tank of juice when i overtake at speed(60km/h+), its not just the standard shocks theres definatly something else there sending it loopy.once these extractors are on ill work on the back end, and if its just as easy to swap in an lsd at the same time well than so be it :twisted:

BF XR6

Sort by  
 Page 12 of 76  [ 1140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 76  Next