Fordmods Logo

BRY40L 

Page 65 of 76 [ 1140 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 76  Next

Post subject: Re: **BRY40L's el**
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

bought some heat wrap off evilbay for the extractors, fitted my new arial yesterday, works much better

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
bry40l wrote:
does anyone think this will drop my engine bay temps and stop melting s**t on my driver side of engine bay? Nothing has melted yet but it gets damn hot which cant be good.
exhaust heat wrap

Why not a AU Heatshield?

cbf going to the wreckers/ supercheap want $50 for the same stuff brand new, got the heat wrap for $30 delivered. the wreckers ive experienced around here are rude C*** and dont wanna sell little things to me like au injectors or similar.

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
bry40l wrote:
uniacidz wrote:
bry40l wrote:
does anyone think this will drop my engine bay temps and stop melting s**t on my driver side of engine bay? Nothing has melted yet but it gets damn hot which cant be good.
exhaust heat wrap

Why not a AU Heatshield?

cbf going to the wreckers/ supercheap want $50 for the same stuff brand new, got the heat wrap for $30 delivered. the wreckers ive experienced around here are rude C*** and dont wanna sell little things to me like au injectors or similar.

I just threw out a EL Heatshield. Didnt know i had it still. I wouldve sent to ya or held onto it if our timing was better and i go to the wreckers all the time and couldve picked one up for ya.

Heat tape, make sure its damp when you put it on and applied evenly or can cause cracking in the extractors due to heat not being distributed properly.

Heat tape effectively keeps the heat in the metal for longer, but cooler to touch. Done right and will be fine. Dodgy install can crack headers and cause said sections to rust 'apparently'

i had an ef heat shield but it looked fugly and i threw it out, i think it had been ran over. i actually liked the look of the heat resistant tape, gives it a racey look lol. will definatly be researching how to fit the stuff and take your advice into consideration mr uniacidz.

BF XR6

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Subaru Liberty RX Wagon MY03

NSW, Australia

Wetting it when wrapping can help stop the fibres from getting caught up in your skin clothes etc as well.

Current ride: MY03 Liberty RX Wagon
EBII S-XR6, Now 5 speed. Moved on to greener pastures...

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Just bought one of them clutches off evilbay for 250, its got 20% more clamp load blah blah blah. the reason is because i have a roo-ted clutch now, it slips on the highway in 5th again, decided to stop wasting time and just do it, might only drop the gearbox out and do the clutch at this stage and do the sump gasget/ head gasget/timing cover gagset later on

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

heat wrap arrived today, turns out i bought the stuff thats not as wide so it wont cover alot of area, may just buy a second lot next week which might do the whole lot of the extractors.

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Few questions
How much to shave a head? (rough ball park figure of course)
How much for an e series engine gasget/headbolt kit(again justva ballpark figure)
And how do I bed in a new clutch once ive installed it

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
Few questions
How much for an e series engine gasget/headbolt kit(again justva ballpark figure)

head-depends on corrosin,hardness and scrap line,how much compression do you want?normally only skimed flat. gasget\bolts,shop around.clutch-drive it like you stole it-normal :lol: :lol:

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
bry40l wrote:
Few questions

head-depends on corrosin,hardness and scrap line,how much compression do you want?normally only skimed flat. gasget\bolts,shop around.clutch-drive it like you stole it-normal :lol: :lol:

im thinking just skimmed flat for now,
as for the clutch it will definatly get a work out :shock:
will do a few calls on monday for the headbolts and gasgets and possibly drop the head in for a skim, it was only on the car 30,000kms and it was fully redone

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
hans hartman wrote:
bry40l wrote:
Few questions

im thinking just skimmed flat for now,
as for the clutch it will definatly get a work out :shock:
will do a few calls on monday for the headbolts and gasgets and possibly drop the head in for a skim, it was only on the car 30,000kms and it was fully redone

ask the machine shop for a price on the bolts and gasgets,may be cheaper,au head gasket or ef?

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Au multilayer if possible

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

just broke another clutch cable on the way to work this morning, had to cancel work, then realised if i stick the car in first and then start it up i can still drive it(insert face palm) so i drove it round to the ford parts place only to be told the ford replacement cables are now obsolete as of only very recent and they had none left on the shelf.

so i drove it all the way home past police standing on a corner(starting it on first and bunny hopping off the lights past them LOL ) dropped in to repco and they had a different brand to the one i used before and it cost a little more, bought that and put it on.

and for some f**k up stupid nonsence reason my clutch doesnt slip at all, doesnt vibrate at all and i can select gears easily and it didnt need constant adjustment every 5 gear changes :roll:
so all i can say is that last cable was f**k from new, it snapped at the gear box end again like the old one, this weekend if all goes to plan ill have the head and sump off the engine and hopefully the new sump and head gasget bolted on, ready to get the flywheel machined on monday if i cant get it done on saturday and bolt it all back together. depending on my money allowance when i get payed. if the tax man has jipped me ill have to wait another week :(

BF XR6

Post subject: Re: **BRY40L's dunga el pos!**
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Blue and White Mercedes

NSW, Australia

What's your firewall like?

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Fiends 5mm staino plate is screwed on there, so thats fine, the cars driving fine now with an engine crane and engine stand in the boot with a ful tank of fuel :s no slip at all, its got me buggered.

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EBII, XR6

NSW, Australia

Lol I guess that's a good thing it's working properly again isn't it?
Are you going to bother changing the clutch now? (I think you said you bought a new one?)
My car does weird s**t like this all the time, runs like s**t one day, thrash the F**k out of it in rage, park it, drive it the next day and it drives perfectly :lol:
Cars :roll:

Weekender: 07 BFII XR6T - Conquer
Retired: 1992 EBII SXR6 - Black Pearl

Sort by  
 Page 65 of 76  [ 1140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 76  Next