Fordmods Logo

coreys el xr6 turbo 

Page 11 of 165 [ 2468 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 165  Next

Post subject: Re: coreys el xr6
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:36 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EL XR6

Power: 173 rwkw

VIC, Australia

That lookes great mate! still waiting for mine to arrive.
How far is it in-between shifts compared to the stock one?

EL XR6- 18'' BA XR8 wheels-King Springs-Pacemaker Extractors With a full 3'' exhaust threw..-High Compression pistons-Lumpy cam-Big valves-"head work"-3.45LSD-FPV short throw shifter-Fusion 1000w sub&fusion 350w amp
Next mod, Piggy backed computer and dyno tune! BA intake pipe

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:07 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: LV XR5T

NSW, Australia

G'day mate! Nice to see the progress :) the shifter looks good, even a bit short but looks better than normal.
What height is your suspension, super low?
Regarding the XR wheels, I believe the EF had a slightly different style in 15" and the EL had the 16" as an option (the standard 15" EL XR rim was horrid!!). The ANZ 17" replicas are awesome, I wish I had a set!
See you Saturday! Ask Marty to show you the wheels as he has EF and EL 5-spoke wheels.

Previous -
EL XR8 - Navy, 5.0, coilovers, custom twin 2.25" exhaust
EL Fairmont Ghia - Heritage, V8, Coilovers, leather, elec seat, sunroof, Ticky kit, EL XR front, dual fuel, EL GT's, custom twin exhaust
2011 Fiesta LX

Current -
LV XR5T

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

NSW, Australia

The shifts are alot closer together. And shorter . I have hit the gate going from 2nd to 3rd, only to see if I could. Lol but if u aim for 3rd It will slip in. Also the shifter is firm and clicks into gear , Definatly a better up grade from the sloppy stock one.

I'd like to compare my $80 US shifter to a AUS $499 shifter to see the difference.

I have ultra lows in the rear with Monroe gt short shocks and supers in the front with stock shocks .
Shocks have no affect on height tho , well very little .

See u Saturday mate

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:06 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: LV XR5T

NSW, Australia

ah fair enough, yeah i know shocks dont affect height, but they dictate alot about ride, so putting it together with low height just wondering if it's bumpy and what not.

anyway, its saturday tomorrow! just got off the phone to Marty and it's all go now. We just need to figure out a place to eat when down there, i mentioned Towradgi hotel, but we figured you'd probably know more than us!

Previous -
EL XR8 - Navy, 5.0, coilovers, custom twin 2.25" exhaust
EL Fairmont Ghia - Heritage, V8, Coilovers, leather, elec seat, sunroof, Ticky kit, EL XR front, dual fuel, EL GT's, custom twin exhaust
2011 Fiesta LX

Current -
LV XR5T

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

If u have low/superlow springs then shortened shocks are a must . I noticed a big improvement.
Less bumpy and smooth ride .Just need to do the front now.

Depends what u wanna eat. Pay. Etc,
There's outback steak house in north gate , fairy meadow. It's a bit expensive, or we could go to a pub or something, up to u guys what u wanna eat. But yeah I know a few places.

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:24 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Hey mate, seen your photos of your short shifter, How did you get the gear boot to sit up nice against your gear knob?

EL XR6- 18'' BA XR8 wheels-King Springs-Pacemaker Extractors With a full 3'' exhaust threw..-High Compression pistons-Lumpy cam-Big valves-"head work"-3.45LSD-FPV short throw shifter-Fusion 1000w sub&fusion 350w amp

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

lukecd wrote:
Hey mate, seen your photos of your short shifter, How did you get the gear boot to sit up nice against your gear knob?

The diameter of the threaded shaft is 12mm I'm guessing and the hole of the shifter boot is 10mm.
I drilled the hole out and the threads make it stay there. It's a tight fit. But I'm going to make a new piece for the gear knob to thread onto. The stock gear knob thread is 10mm. Its held on by to allen screws. At work I'm goin to get some round bar. Cut a flat out of it then at one end drill and tap a thread then ill screw into that a 10mm stud, which I will screw my gear knob onto basically copying the existing one but changing the thread to 10mm.

I have Also made a theaded sleve which goes into my gearknob. Then I tighten up the grub screws around it then I can screw it onto a thread. Much Better than just the grub screws on the thread.

If u have no idea what I'm on about I can put up pics and you could have a go at making one.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Also I'll be buying a black gear boot off eBay cos my old one the hole is too big Now.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:20 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

If you could put some piks up that would be great! Thank you..

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I'll put pics up tomorrow Arvo

Cheers

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Just finished making the top part for my short shifter, It worked perfectly. havnt driven the car yet but I can't see why it will fail, it's all stainless steel so it's strong.
Pics will be up tonite

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

heres the pics of what i did today

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

more pics

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

more pics
this is the first step
the way it was posted means everyting is backwards. the pics are in order but not posts. so u have to go from the bottom up. maybe a mod could swap my posts around?? thanks

easy to make if u have a lathe lol but if u dont u will have to find some bar already the diameter u want.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:42 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

very nice work mate... :) i wish i had a laith..
i did mine using a flat plate and a m10 aircon compressor bolt..lol
now all factory knobs fit..
Attachment:
DSC01653.JPG

Attachment:
DSC01657.JPG

Sort by  
 Page 11 of 165  [ 2468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 165  Next