Fordmods Logo

coreys el xr6 turbo 

Page 14 of 165 [ 2468 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 165  Next

Post subject: Re: coreys el xr6
Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:16 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EL XR6

Power: 173 rwkw

VIC, Australia

How much did putting the climate control in cost you mate?

EL XR6- 18'' BA XR8 wheels-King Springs-Pacemaker Extractors With a full 3'' exhaust threw..-High Compression pistons-Lumpy cam-Big valves-"head work"-3.45LSD-FPV short throw shifter-Fusion 1000w sub&fusion 350w amp
Next mod, Piggy backed computer and dyno tune! BA intake pipe

Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

NSW, Australia

it was $200 for the whole conversion

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
PM Sent

pm replied

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:01 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Thats pretty cheap! Who did it for you? Did you buy it off ebay?

EL XR6- 18'' BA XR8 wheels-King Springs-Pacemaker Extractors With a full 3'' exhaust threw..-High Compression pistons-Lumpy cam-Big valves-"head work"-3.45LSD-FPV short throw shifter-Fusion 1000w sub&fusion 350w amp

Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i conveted it myself . i brought it off here.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:10 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Should put some photos up mate, Id like to do that to mine in the soon future..

Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i took a photo of the whole dash out, but thats the only one. as i was running out of daylight. the conversion wasnt too hard , just time consuming and frustrating if youve never done it before.
but i think the dash has to come out again cos the blend door motor isnt working. but it doesnt worry me as ive done it before and know what to do. if u do go ahead with it just ask me and i will tell u almost everything u need to know. after doing it its not as hard as it seems.

best way to do it is swapping the dash loom and heater box from a fairmont, down side is need to get ur aircon regassed and drain coolant. u will also need a fairmont headlight switch (green plug)
and green bcm.

when the dash is out ill take pics and do a write up of the conversion. except the heater box wont be coming out thank f**k cos that was a C*** to get in lol
i did it all by myself in a day, so i u have a few mates to help should be easy

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

got a new gear knob and gear boot, gear knob is a stock item in black. and gearboot is off ebay,

now i gotta turn up a piece of nylon which i will glue to my gearboot giving it the factory look

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

What did you use as a retainer to hold the gearboot in the console?

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I used the stock frame. U rip your old gearboot off it and put on the new one. Use glue to help it stay up there.( the over hanging leather) it's a tight squeeze to get on. It has the holes cut out of it for the clips . It's basically a stock replacement . I got it off eBay , it says it's for Ef/ el but comes from US weird huh. Lol

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
Got EF window switches (black)? You dun like the grey?

Didnt realize they were ef. The letters off my old ones were worn Away. And the switches were sticky and sometimes didn't work, so I took the ef ones off two rear door trims I had.

I kinda like the black buttons . ( clock , climate control) but couldn't be bothered swapping them over.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

UPDATE

Ordered a set of bilstein shocks. Just waiting on their arrival.

Also forgot to add I fixed my blend door issues / heating issues. Took the whole dash out and checked all plugs. Then I got a 12v battery and jump started the blend door. It works perfectly .

Then I replaced 2 vacuum hoses which I didn't feed through the firewall. so instead of having 1
Vacuum hose coming out the fire wall I now have 3 . So that's fixed.

Put all the dash back together . Calibrated the blend door and no errors . But still no heat .
That didn't worry me because I knew it had to be the thermostat . So I waited till my engine was cold, took off the housing and my thermostat was open 5mm . Put in a working one and instant heat.

Now I just need it regassed for the summer heat lol

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

hey mate nice XR looks nice and tidy.what happened to the j3 chip not thinking of installing it any time soon?

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Cheers mate.
J3 never worked out for me, had replaced, retuned. Ecu cleaned etc.
Still problems . It doesn't really need one any way . Idle hunts a bit but that's ok.
I got a aftermarket ecu for my boosted set up. Car will stay stock until I'm on my full licence.
I think this is as much as I'll get out of it N/A without spending lots of $$$

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

yeah true i was speaking to one of my mechanic mates yesterday and we were talking about turboing cars he's done his eb and i was talking about doing mine when i get off my p's and he dropped a stock standard au motor in his eb turbo'd it,cracked all six pistons in 3 days changed the pistons and con rods to the ef ones bcos apparantly they're conrods are really strong and their pistons are a little bowled so it can with stand alot more booost. he reckons from the standard motor he's getting just under 300kw's at the wheels.this car running on LPGas aswell. something im considering.but at the moment being on my P's i want to try and get the power you've got, ive got an el xr6 heritage green its at the workshop now getting an au xr6 motor dropped in so im probs just gonna get a cam in a few weeks tune my j3 to the cam probs get stage two shift kit with a mini high stall converter and thats it till i get it booost'd..
and btw he also told me to stay away from the manual t5's he said its the worst for turbo's..just stripps third gear, thats going off what he told me.i mean ive got the auto in my car, love the fun in the manual but off the line i kill my mates, and everyone says drop a high stall and stage 2 shift kit and you can say bye bye manual.

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Sort by  
 Page 14 of 165  [ 2468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 165  Next