Fordmods Logo

coreys el xr6 turbo 

Page 15 of 165 [ 2468 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 165  Next

Post subject: Re: coreys el xr6
Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Yea I've heard ef ones are shorter and stronger. What sort of engine management was he running? J3 chip , after market computer. A few people are getting around using a stock bottom end with 300 rwkw + so it can be done.

I wouldn't say don't get a t5 if your boosting but it does restrict how much power u can make .
But yes a btr auto set up right . With big oil cooler, shift kit . Will hold more power than a t5 . It will last longer.

I dont think you would be able to make 160rwkw with an auto. To do it you would need a mild cam 977b , 1521a , Cms 3 etc. Then a hi stall . Etc
I know it's been down but what I mean is it would be easier just to go manual. Then u can always put back in your auto when it's boosted.

When you turbo it what is your power goal?
Anything under 250 rwkw the t5 will be ok.

My plan is to get 230-250 rwkw then when the t5 goes I'll look into something like a t56 tko 600,
I've learnt that if, in a year or 2 years your taking the turbo route . What's the point of spending $$$ on getting it powerful N/A when it's going to be turbo . That money could be better spent on the turbo set up.
The reason is that I couldnt be patient . I Just want power now lol
So I can't go turbo . So I was considering big cam head work etc . But then realised just wait a year turbo it and have doulbe the power and double the fun lol

So for now 160 rwkw will do and Is pretty good N/A .

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

yeah i know where your coming from man im in the same boat want more power now but thinking of just spending the money on the turbo but i still have 3 years till im off my p's with this new f**kd up laws.when i turbo it im aiming for the 280-320kwrw mark so yeah was thinking about just doing what my mate did with a bit of a lumpier cam.low xr has a nice sounding cam in his sounds tough thats the sort of sound i want to get out of mine just while im on my p's. ive got a wade 1673 in my el motor but just found out that i cant use it in the au motor iim putting in unless i change the rocker gear, but to be honest i put the cam in my el and didnt notice much of a difference i mean sure the motor was f**kd but it seemed like it just went backward seemed like i had motor power with the standard xr6 cam.i drove my dads bosses old car once it was an ef falcon, this thing only had a cam and vernier gear no extractors and a cold air intake (on LPGas aswell) and this thing flew man, you come out of a corner and plant it the thing would take of.no s**t went better then any ba xr6 ive ever driven annd it was auto.i want mine to go like that but dunno what cam to put in now espeacially with this au motor now, i want to sell this wade1673 cam probs go in to crow cam after i do sell it and order a cam that would do some damage.maybe his car had a high stall converter in it and thats why it went good i dont know :S

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

it all depends on what condition your engine is in. my engine is in great condition, its been well looked after, hence i made almost 160 rwkw untuned with extractors, intake mods, and 977b cam. next mod will be a vernier cam gear just so my power curve is consistant.

you would think a 1673 would make similair power to a 977b cos its a cross between 977b and 1636.
i had a 1673 in my auto ef and it pulled hard from 3000rpm. anything under was a train . so slow at taking off.

you could put your el tickford head on the au motor if u wanted. but your getting a new cam anyway so may aswell get it to suit the au.

if u had a manual i would say 977b but i suppose if u had a hi stall and shift kit the 977b should be ok.

whats the au motor like ? low km ? looked after?

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah my motor was f**kd when i bought it i mean used to pull good but had a mojor head gasket problem and i think i know what you mean with the slow down low on the wade cam it seems like it got nothing much under 3000rpm but with a high stall i guess that problem would be sovled.

the au motor looks great 175XXX original k's and looks clean enough to eat off (no oil leaks) so im hoping it will go good.i think ill do the high stall and shift kits before i do the cam to give me a rough estimate of what cam i want to put in. the 977b sounds tough though i lisened to your youtube video and it sounded good ;)

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I still got a hi flow cat to put in. I don't think i have a sports exhaust . I think it's just a stock replace ment exhaust but in 2.5 "

So with a sports box and hi flow cat should sound even better. it's still pretty quiet Atm

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah i wouldnt have a clue what mine is all i know is its 2 1/2inch but i bought my car with the exhuast all i did was bolt on the cat and the extractors.sounded good at one stage untill the engine started to make some sort of noise.i might go down to the exhuast place in a few weeks and get them to cut off my middle resinator and weld a hotdog in its place.one of my mates did it to his vs sounded alot better hopefullly sound good on the falcon as well lol :)

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Mine is quiet inside but it sounds good outside . But i want it louder

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

thats how the fords are thought their very insulated and cant hear very much inside were as the holdens you can hear everything.lol if you want it louder cut off the back resinator and weld a 2 1/2 inch pipe in the gap.i did this for a while gave me massive migrains plus mines auto so you can imagine the drone :P hade to weld the ressi back on.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Its dumped at the diff with a hot dog after the cat and then a muffler .
My mates vx he had was loud inside and out . But as u said the fords are well insulated.

Guess ill leave my exhaust then. When I got rego done they took it for a test drive and it sounded good as they were driving off. I wanted it loud inside and out but that ain't gonna happen .
As long as it sounds good on the outside that's all that matters 8-)

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah well that's the same as my mates vs he put 2 hot dogs in it and sounded mad inside an out but the insulation in the ford kills the sound inside. That's why all the Holden drivers think that their flying lmao just cos it's loud inside the car. I dunno Im gonna cut out my existing center resi and put a hot dog in and see if they can do the back if they can I'll get both of em done and I've got my eye on these redback extractors for $150 but I'm hoping the'll swap it for mine at the mechanics cos mine look a bit cheap their called high tech headers don't know if their a good brand or not picked them up for only 80 bucks with a high flow but I think I want the redbacks.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I got advance extractors . There a copy of pacemaker . 4499 or 4480 ?? Not the tune length type the other . And they work fine .

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I dOnt know mine look a bit dodgy and I never really found much of a gain with them to be honest.so yours just swap the original headers and bolt onto the existing cat?

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I know the ones your talking about . They look like the factory exhaust manifold but not cast iron ??

They wouldn't do much , they wouldn't flow any better.
With mine I had to get my cat cut and re welded

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

nar they look like normal extractors like a pacemaker does but they just look like a cheap fabrication you can tell they've been bent on a press and they look like thin piping too they dont look very quality looking.maybe its just the colour i painted them in i painted them in light blue thought it would look darker but didnt sort of like a high lighter blue :S

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Mine a press bent . For a cheap quality extractor they do their job.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 15 of 165  [ 2468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 165  Next