Fordmods Logo

Dan's AU ute 282rwkw + LS1 T56 

Page 8 of 26 [ 386 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26  Next

Post subject: Re: Dan's supercharged ute now going turbo
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Well this thread is f**k.

Decompressed motors only make more power because you can cram more boost into the chamber before you get detonation. The supercharger kit I had still wouldnt make anywhere near 300rwkw. Maybe if I found a way to intercool it but its pretty big and I dont have those kinds of fab skills. The charger wouldnt really fit anywhere else. Its massive.

You don't seem to grasp the whole idea of this. A turbo falcon behaves like a stock falcon unless you put your foot down. If you dont want 300kw at the time, dont put your foot down as much. Its not hard.

It wont magically stall because its turbocharged and it doesnt have to have light switch like power.

People dont underestimate TJ's. Its just that nobody cares because the driven wheels are at the wrong end.

Last edited by Dansedgli on Sat May 01, 2010 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:40 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: el xr6, r33 series 2 skyline

Power: 149 rwkw

SA, Australia

possibly you got more power because yours is front wheel drive which doesnt have as much drivetrain loss resulting in higher kw

and yer my m8s 330rwkw ba xr6t if he doesnt flaw it the boost is very mild easy to control no surges of power

God made s**t, Holden put wheels on it

skyline daily
ford building

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: XW, EL, Territory, VFR800

Power: 129 rwkw

SA, Australia

79raven wrote:
no I may not own a turbo falcon but i do know i dragged a mate in an xr6 turbo and to 140 he could not shake a tj magna advance with only mod being a k&n air filter......... Thats embarrassing.

He wasn't trying hard enough

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Jeez mate, your old AU was something sexual :P, looked awesome.

Looking forward to seeing progress pics of the turbo set up on the ute :wink:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Yeh man this thread has gone to hell.... All I did was give one thread and then when some fwit decided to try to belttle me by saying that I should pretty much just shut up as you are the god of turbo Falcons it kind of cheesed me off. What I said was right you decompress the head you get more power, even you have stated that so what was the go with the following:

EFFalcon wrote:
Don't spose you've driven a turbo 4L?
They're not exactly Laggy.

That and Dan has owned a number of Turbo Falcon's (3 from memory) so i think he knows what to expect :P

All I tried to do was throw an idea out there useful or not it does not warrant being ridiculed so blow me EFF. Everyone else I am sorry and to Dan, owning 3 turbo falcons means yes you know what to expect but all I was just saying sometimes the experimental part of power gains can be as fun but its your car and your cash. Will you be trying to intercool the turbo still? I have seen rice burners with water to air coolers that are very small so maybe if space is an issue still like I said maybe try investigating what the 2 pot screamers are doing as these "fast and furious" wannabe's seem to have endless amounts of cash so mods are really going forward all the time

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:02 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

79raven wrote:
Yeh man this thread has gone to hell.... All I did was give one thread and then when some fwit decided to try to belttle me by saying that I should pretty much just shut up as you are the god of turbo Falcons it kind of cheesed me off. What I said was right you decompress the head you get more power, even you have stated that so what was the go with the following:

All I tried to do was throw an idea out there useful or not it does not warrant being ridiculed so blow me EFF. Everyone else I am sorry and to Dan, owning 3 turbo falcons means yes you know what to expect but all I was just saying sometimes the experimental part of power gains can be as fun but its your car and your cash. Will you be trying to intercool the turbo still? I have seen rice burners with water to air coolers that are very small so maybe if space is an issue still like I said maybe try investigating what the 2 pot screamers are doing as these "fast and furious" wannabe's seem to have endless amounts of cash so mods are really going forward all the time

Hey 79raven chill out man :)

EFFalcon knows what he is talking about too mate, he has had his share of turbocharged falcons too.

Lets have less of the name calling.

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

16 posts and already getting pulled into arguements..
you're gunna last a long time

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Hey man how about you stop your crap and have a good hard look at yourself. Stop beating your chest and showing us what a big man you are. Ill last a long time as it seem in the time I have been on here your the only tosser I have come across. Did it take you all day to work out how many posts I have made, good for you. First of all if you have not been so condesending none of this would have started. Of course I was going to defend myself against that crap, so how about you stop this s#it, have a wank and stop ruining this thread with this crap.

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:53 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

79raven, I will not ask you again mate, calm down.

This is not the way to participate in a forum, what you have just done is flame a member rather than contribute to Dans thread. If you have a problem sort it out in private message.

Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 12:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

What a shame the setup didn't get the killawatts you wanted Dan.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

It's my own fault for thinking I'd be happy with 200rwkw.

No big deal though, half the fun is working on the car.

Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

79raven wrote:
Hey man how about you stop your crap and have a good hard look at yourself. Stop beating your chest and showing us what a big man you are. Ill last a long time as it seem in the time I have been on here your the only tosser I have come across. Did it take you all day to work out how many posts I have made, good for you. First of all if you have not been so condesending none of this would have started. Of course I was going to defend myself against that crap, so how about you stop this s#it, have a wank and stop ruining this thread with this crap.

My point is, if you can be revved up and resort to petty name calling so easy then you have no hope on here.
You'll find that out soon enough.

My points were as valid as yours, accept it and perhaps respect peoples decision to add constructive critisism.

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Anyways, if Dan's setup was able to run a WTA inter-cooler he could manage to squeeze out more boost close to the rotor's maximum rpm speed.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

If it was easily intercooled I would have kept it but it couldn't be.

A 35/40 will give me exactly what I want. Great response and an easy road to 300rwkw+ once I do the supporting mods.

Posted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Which is what it's all about isn't it dan? The easiest path to your goal. Just a pitty you couldn't do a WTA setup, it would have been very wicked, but the turbo setup will be wicked too!

Anyway, i can vouch for the turbo argument, off boost the car will drive like stock if you don't lower the stock comp ratio, which is good for drive-ability & economy. That's one of the reason's i wasn't worried about my g/f wanting a turbo car. Unless you plant the right boot, it's very sedate.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 8 of 26  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26  Next