Fordmods Logo

Dan's XG ute - retired. Replaced with AU ute. 

Page 3 of 5 [ 67 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Dan's ute - DOHC conversion on the way
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

ok?

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:32 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Dansedgli wrote:
I dont know which eec the xg has. Same as EB.

Why are you guys telling me how to do this when its already done and running?

Sorry mate, not trying to tell you how to do it just wanting to try and understand what is involved. Thats my reason for prying anyway :P

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

gogetta wrote:
jesus....BenJ build thread this is not!!!...
Dansedgli wrote:
OKAY?!
I think, dear Dansedgli, that GoGetta is commenting on the fact that others on this site detail everything they do as they go to make it clear what they have done, how they have done it.

I even try to do that to some extent - Although most of my stuff is copied from others on this site in the first place, but it is still nice to detail what I've done for really really novices...

People aren't trying to tell you how to do anything (at least, that's not how I read it)

I am seeing that people are asking questions such as "what did you do about Smartshield?" and then, after they ask for the second time, you provide a short answer.

That's fair enough, it's your thread and it's your project and it's your time taken up by replying.

However, I (and obviously, many many others) are *VERY* interested in getting the VCT DOHC based engines into our old 90's cars. Any information from people who have achieved it is therefore appreciated.

We are not going to tell you that you are "wrong" or "right" but will add the information you provide to our collective knowledge base so that if and when we do start attempting similar things we have as many options and variations available to us in order to make our own projects work.

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Fiend, if you spent more time reading instead of misquoting me I think you may find if you do a search everything you need to know about putting a DOHC motor in your 90's falcon will be available.

After not being an active member on here for a year or so because I got into 4wdriving I am surprised by how many users with really high post counts dont know how to use the search function.

Perhaps I should write a step my step guide on finding the button in the toolbar at the top instead? As they said before the drought we are in ~ if you give a man a fish, he will eat well for a day. If you teach a man to fish he will eat well for a lifetime.

Last edited by Dansedgli on Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

lol.

On a slightly related note. The ute hasnt been running on petrol lately. I thought it was the injectors and changing them didnt help so Ill be fitting a new fuel reg tomorrow.

I want to have it running properly on petrol now so Im not chasing my tail if the BA motor goes in and all of the sudden it doesnt run.

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Dansedgli wrote:
Fiend, if you spent more time reading instead of misquoting me I think you may find if you do a search everything you need to know about putting a DOHC motor in your 90's falcon will be available.

Perhaps I should write a step my step guide on finding the button in the toolbar at the top instead? As they said before the drought we are in ~ if you give a man a fish, he will eat well for a day. If you teach a man to fish he will eat well for a lifetime.

Calm down Dan, I wasn't suggesting you're an idiot.

I don't think I did quote you, other than "OKAY"?

How is that a mis-quote by the way?

People (like Gogetta) have been asking questions, as they are interested and want to know HOW *YOU* DID it. I could search all day for HOW DANSEDGLI IS RUNNING A DOHC, but it won't tell me sweet F.A mate. You're the only one who can tell me that.

Gogetta and others want to know how you've done it. If you don't want to say, then don't say. It's entirely up to you.

But, NO NEED TO START FREAKING OUT ABOUT SEARCH FUNCTIONS AND SUGGESTING I SPEND LESS TIME READING THAN I DO QUOTING YOU.

Seriously - Quoting "OKAY" took me about five seconds. Reading one paragraph of your reply took longer.

""People who ask question, get the answer"" (which could translate to - "people who don't ask, don't find the answer")

People ask questions mate. For a number of reasons. Just plain interested in what you've done, or for their own use at a later date. If you can't be f**k with that, then that's your business. Good on ya. Next.

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Changing ok? to OKAY?! is adding emotion to an otherwise unemotional comment don't you think?

I appreciate that you feel you have to write an essay in reply to every post on here but can you keep it out of my thread please.

fiend wrote:
I could search all day for HOW DANSEDGLI IS RUNNING A DOHC, but it won't tell me sweet F.A mate.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting you're an idiot either but if you did search for that you WOULD HAVE gotten all the information you needed. :P

noob. :lol:

Good on ya, next. :roll:

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

Good work on the ute Dan, should go well with the newer motor.

I understand your frustration regarding your conversion and comments/questions. The same happened to me when I used a EA manual box behind my windsor and everyone said that it couldn't be done even after I had it in the car and running. It's a well worn story but I wont pollute your build thread with the details.

Look forward to seeing your progress :)

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Due to the angry nature of the forum I will be abandoning this project.

j/k

I bought a cheap AU ute today because its doors work heaps better. Not sure what will become of the BA conversion.

If the AU air con compressor bolts up and the bonnet doesnt need cutting I might put it in.

Any ideas?

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Nah I dont have any pics yet. I pick it up next Friday. Ill get some then.

What year did series 2 kick in? Mine is a 2000 model.

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Holy crap, you did get a bargain! :shock: Hopefully mine is a series 2 as well. Those cheap brake upgrades look good.

I did a quick search and found the old FTG thread where he put a BA motor into an AU. It seems like an easier job fitment wise and I reckon having coil packs will make wiring up the tacho and auto a piece of cake compared to the XG where I would have needed a tacho adpater. Ill see how motivated I feel in a months time when I take holidays.

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Post subject: Re: Dan's XG ute - retired.
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fiend wrote:

That has to be a first. Fiend with nothing to say? :P

Did you find my old BA into EA thread?

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Nah mate, I have a bit to say. But deleted it due to this being your thread and you suggesting I stay out of it, which is fair enough. I was merely thanking you for suggesting we all search the internet more. It put us all one step closer to finding out how you got this BA into your parts car running. I thank you for your advice on that.

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

I think a lot of people seem to have missed the part where dansedgli said that the BA motor is running in a 'parts car'
generally people buy parts cars off other people, meaning the other person did the hard yards.

for those who can't connect the dots, Dan didnt install the BA motor into the EB.
and for those who know who the original owner was, will know that the overall instalation wasnt very painful.

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next