Fordmods Logo

Daniels EL XR6 build 

Page 13 of 40 [ 588 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 40  Next

Post subject: Re: Daniels EL XR6 build
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

o yeah i freaked out when i went to a ford mechanic workshop and askd him how much he charges to change the radiato core.he reckons $600 hahaha i laughed in his face lol.then again mine doesnt work properly due to not reconecting something properly lol

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

well finished washing both cars today.mine came up sweet (as usual) but he gf's au need a cut and polish and i dont know how to get some marks off near the wheels,they come off with your nails but i dont want to scratch the car too much.any help would be nice :lol:
enjoy:

original xr floor mats just washed em.came up nice

mine:

represented by:

heres the stuff im trying to get off its like paint or something

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:29 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

That looks like concrete or lime or something ...I would suggest soaking it all in hot / warm soapy water, then gently sponging it off, and using a plastic spatula if need be ...then use something like Meguiars Scratch-Ex followed by a nice wax.

Was reading through all your niggling little dramas, lol ...all worth it though ...you've got a real sweet car man, well done :wink:

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd manual, with BF F6 TYPHOON motor and supporting mod's, 3" exhaust etc..
(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

My car here: the-garage-f53/mark-s-el-xr6-bf-f6-dohc-transplant-in-progress-t106821.html
BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hahaha thanks mark.yeah all the head aches are worth it.

well i tried using bug off and a sponge with warm water that didnt work might use somethinners.off to the car wash again i reckon.

o yeah and just an update.i dont think ill be draging the misses the au fkn flies man wheel spins on every take off.makes me sick driving my car now!!!!

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hahaha yeah the owner did tell me the diff had been changed.but the thing flies man.im off to go try afew more things.i wanna give it a cut and polish so it will come off in afew days any way its just bugging me now

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

nope nothing is getting it off unless you scratch at it with your nails guess im just going to have to resort to leaving it for the buffer.just give it a cut and polish.any one give me a rough down on how to do it? lmaoo or just take it to someone to do it?

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

NSW, Australia

Get a light cut . Black isn't a bad colour except it shows up dirt.
Try have red. If you don't polish it . It'll fade.

My wing was faded and I used macquires paint restoration .
It brought the wing up like new.

When I first got my car a guy around the corner from me buffed the car using mothers light cut. He charged me a case and did a s**t job.
So now I do it myself by hand . Takes me a day . But turns out great .

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Also I use this cheese cloth stuff ,You can get if from autobarn. Then I rub it in a clock wise direction. Wait for it to dry then rub it off. Then after I've done the whole car I wash it so it gets all the polish marks off.
Then I take it to work and it's dirty again lol :( ah well gotta look after the paint .

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hahaha thanks for the info corey i need a cut and polish with a buffer because on one side of the car there is white over spray from something so need to get it buffed propperly lol

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Probably best to cut and polish it. Seeing as you wouldn't know when it was done last.
Will high pressure water remove the concrete . Not too high that it rips off paint lol

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Nar man I tried bug off tried wd-40 silicone spray degreaser thinners don't wanna start spraying carby cleaner around. And I spoke to one guy at the car wash last night and he reckons it look like previous owner must have driven on freshly painted lines on the road. reckons it happened to him but he got to it whilest it was still a bit wet. Yeah I'll need to cut and polish it. So you have no clue how to use the buffer Corey?? Guess I'm gonna have to let a mate a do it buy a six pack lol.

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I've never used a buffer. I have one but prefer to do it by hand lol.
You have to be careful with a buffer . If you over do it you'll put little scratches in the paint .
By little scratches I mean when the car is in the sun, look at it on an angle and you'll see all these circle marks, they look like spider webs lol

I'm pretty sure thats what those marks are .
I mainly don't use a buffer because I don't need to rub the polish in that much .
But if the paint was badly faded and I was using a heavy cut polish then I'd buff it.
My paints pretty good so I only use a very very light cut/polish.

It's called maguires paint restoration . It's good stuff. Try it on yours if you have any dull spots. Or do the whole car.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

My Cars not really that dull but I mainly want to cut polish it with the buffer to get the over spray and that s**t on the side of the car off

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

A cut n polish should remove it.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah I hope so. If not gonna have to get it with the carby cleaner hahaha I just got a quote for $100 for a cut and polish

Sort by  
 Page 13 of 40  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 40  Next