Fordmods Logo

Daniels EL XR6 build 

Page 32 of 40 [ 588 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Post subject: Re: Daniels EL XR6 build
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Cheers daniel sounds easy . I already fitted the skirts .
Your lucky the bumper isn't damaged , there expensive to fix . I wonder if they make xr fronts in fiber glass ??

So what caused a dent to your bonnet , and how come you have the ef xr cat scratch vents and not el xr vents ?

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

Hahaha no worries at all mate. Well I lent my girlfriend my car to drive it to yarrawonga to do her course up that way, (seeing as my cars on gas and being cheaper to run and that's why) she went up there on Monday (2 Monday's ago) ad she was going to spend the week there, that Monday I was thinking " yeah I done the right thing, gave her my car cos it'll cost her less and whatever" then after work she tells me she hit the car and sends me a picture of the damage an she tells me it only the bonnet, but in the picture it looked like the left hand guard was rooted and the front bar was hit, but it was only the reflections of the trees in the back ground so I called her up telling her I'm gonna kill her if the front bars rooted (bcos they are so expensive and hard to find) so she sent me a clearer picture and it was only the bonnet.

She hot the back of a ute, she said a round about wa merging into one and she reckons my breaks are s**t and she couldn't pull up in time.... She must of hit an angle line or some thing CPA it's sliced right through...

I don't think they make fiber glass front ends mate :(

And as for the vents I wouldn't have a clue. I been asking myself the same question since I bought it.

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I'd never lend my car to anyone especially to my gf . She always has car park accidents lol your brakes probably don't work well lol I know mine don't and 90% of e-series brakes are s**t, to get them to pull up quick you just have to push the pedal harder , my slotted rotors chew through pads . They are only 3 months old and already more than half worn. Why cant the xr's come out with el gt 330mm rotors and twin pot calipers . For the size of the car the brakes aren't good enough imo .

With the vents it looks like they are the plastic ones stuck on?

You are going to have to get a ef/el xr bonnet so you have the cut outs for the vents , that wil be hard to find .

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah tell me about it. She defiantly won't be going far with it again.

Yeah the breaks are shocking man. My dad welded something on mums car and that thing pulls up awesome, I gotta get him to do mine swell, I have to pimp the f*cker to stop sometimes... But the Gt breaks would of been awesome. I seen them on dcstraights car and they really do look the part. They make the car look tough.

I found a bonnet in the foresale section by smik el, might either get that or ronza just offered me a white one for 175 with out flutes. By the time I spray the c*nt will cost me close to 250. Bloody girlfriend!!!!!!

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

What did he weld on there ?
Braided brake lines make a difference I've heard .
When I do my front pads and rear rotors and pads I'm going braided , f**k off the rubber hose .
Just if el gt brakes were not so expensive .

Seen a NOS el gt upright for $450 on eBay .
Apparently el gt rotors fit on our uprights , so it's just a matter of finding el gt rotors cheap and Getting the uprights modified to fit a au2 twin piston caliper .

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:41 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: NF Fairlane

VIC, Australia

i got some pics too ....by the way your car is lookin mint mate (apart from the bonnet bit). and thanks heaps for doing my windows man the car looks heap better with them. good job. 8-)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

*NF FAIRLANE RIDING ON KING SPRING ULTRAS AND 20 INCH BSA CUSTOMS*
(Watching out for speed humps and steep driveways) ;-?

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
What did he weld on there ?
Braided brake lines make a difference I've heard .
When I do my front pads and rear rotors and pads I'm going braided , f**k off the rubber hose .
Just if el gt brakes were not so expensive .

Seen a NOS el gt upright for $450 on eBay .
Apparently el gt rotors fit on our uprights , so it's just a matter of finding el gt rotors cheap and Getting the uprights modified to fit a au2 twin piston caliper .

I'm not sure what he did mate but I'll defiantly be doing it to my car in the next few days that's for sure. I don't know how braided lines go Ive got them on my bike and they arnt too bad on there, what are they worth to do?

Yeah I wouldnt mind the el Gt breaks on my car. I reckon it would be awesome breaking. I'll ask what Dcstraight did to his to get em to fit.

And Seb no worries at all mate.and mate if you could let me know if you can get the little Lambo started wouldn't mind having a look at it. Maybe on the weekend or something if your not busy?

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Theres a place near me that sells them on eBay . $200 for a Set , troyman has a set on his Ed , he said they were good .
$200 is fair expensive , may be cheaper going to a hydraulic place and get them made ??

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i dont know matey you give it a try and let me know how you go then ill consider it judging by your feed back lmaoo

ill ask my dad what he did when i see him lol and ill tell ya

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

welding things for the brakes sounds dodgey, all you need to do is get gt uprights, and you can fit the brembos im quite sure, us e series owners just need to find someone willing to copy el gt uprights on the cheap and on the down low and we're all set :lol: the reason the braided brake lines are better is because when you put your foot on the brake is pushing pressure onto fluid going down the line which expands the rubber, so your losing pressure through the rubber lines, braided lines lose less pressure as the line wont expand like the rubber line alone

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

bry40l wrote:
welding things for the brakes sounds dodgey, all you need to do is get gt uprights, and you can fit the brembos im quite sure, us e series owners just need to find someone willing to copy el gt uprights on the cheap and on the down low and we're all set :lol: the reason the braided brake lines are better is because when you put your foot on the brake is pushing pressure onto fluid going down the line which expands the rubber, so your losing pressure through the rubber lines, braided lines lose less pressure as the line wont expand like the rubber line alone

thanks for the run down bry, i kinda knew all that before i fitted the lines to my dirt bike.

only thing thats got me confused is what are the up rights? if you can get me a picture of what you are talking about im sure i could find some one that would make something like this...

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

El gt upright next to a el upright

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 97 TICKFORD XR6 Manaul

SA, Australia

hey just a quick question.
if someone had the EL gt uprights would they beable to use AU twin pistons as a brake upgrade.
instead of trying to find a full set of GT brakes.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Ok thanks Corey I see the difference in them.

Johno I think (not 100% sure on this) but I think the Au calipers sit on the front of the rotor, correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 97 TICKFORD XR6 Manaul

SA, Australia

have no idea dont play with AU's much.
just looking for some alternatives for brake upgrades for the E series.

Sort by  
 Page 32 of 40  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next