Fordmods Logo

Daniels EL XR6 build 

Page 7 of 40 [ 588 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 40  Next

Post subject: Re: Daniels EL XR6 build
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:55 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 94 ford fairmont ghia tickford

VIC, Australia

loooks tuff man

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

lol thanks man

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

could any one tell me how to undo the top bolt on the rear shocker on the el sedan?

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:06 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ef 2 fairmont ghia

VIC, Australia

wild-el wrote:
nar i didnt lol how do you do that ive even heard about that? yeah i thought it still sat abit high.shocks are standard ford ones lol need to change em starting to give me a head ache lol.

yeah i live just off bridgewater rd near axminster drive, but spend most of my time at my misses house which is just off hothlyn drive lol.well if your free you can show me how to reset them bcos ive never done it.what car do you drive? ive probably seen it.

you need to undo the trailing arms and re tighten them at the new height so you dont mash the s**t out of bushes. your not to far then, im literally of bridgewater road in the roxy part. i drive an ef ghia, purple, venetians, 19 dark agents.. or you may of seen our ts50 or white gt

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah mate ive seen it lol well i dont really know which one the trailing arm is.you mind showing me? lol i have never really fkd around with suspension before.

also changed my rear shocks before they were standard changed them to the pedders sports ryders.

http://www.pedders.com.au/products/51/144

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

just noticed a noise from the rear left of the car.i took off the wheel had a look everything seemed fine except the spring doesnr seat propperly down the bottom :? i dont know why but when i fit the spring to the top or seat it properly down the bottom the opposite side sits way out.should of taken pictures.dont know why it does that

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Here's the pics .

Here's the top rubber mount and how it should look

Here's the bottom
The previous owner cut sl spring idk why . And didnt deburr it :( That's how I cut my hand lol

Heres a few more

Top rubber

Bottom rubber

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

These are old rubbers that's why they look stuffed. Also when you twist the top rubber on you might need a flat head screwdriver to pry open the spring .

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I never took out the bottom rubber. I will play around with it bait more as soon as I drop the gf off at work. My springs came with the top rubbers I bought them off a member someone wrote ED/LH and ED/RH on each one so I'm guessing the must of came out of an Ed are the still the same?? I mean I think the would be.

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yer should be the same from ea-el.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ok so you've got the top rubbers on. Did you push them into the top housing ?? Make sure they are in good. Then you'll have to twist the spring so the end of it sits up against the bottom rubbers step. Like in the pic

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i did all this yesterdy,i jacked up the car put the spring in the right position then went to lower car slowely still kept it in the proper position then as soon as more weight went on and i couldnt get my hand still in there the bottom circle popped into the middle where theres no rubber

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Try it with 2 ppl. One lowering the car and one using a crowbar to lever the spring in.
If that fails the spring must be f**k .

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i was thinking of mayne cable tieing it in place down the bottom and when i lower the car to just pion the top in the right direction.you know what i mean? nar spring hasnt been chopped says ssl on it and doesnt look like it been chopped will show you in afew mins

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

If their chopped their f**k .
As I said in the before post if the springs don't sit flat on the ground they won't sit in the spring seat.
That's why u cant chop springs because the coil has less surface area in the rubber seat.
Where as a uncut spring the last coil will be flat and will have more surface area in the seat .

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 40  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 40  Next