Fordmods Logo

EA S-Pack turbo sleeper 10.6@125MPH 

Page 1 of 5 [ 63 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: EA S-Pack turbo sleeper 10.6@125MPH
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA Turbo

VIC, Australia

Well it all started when i was 17, this was my first car. I got it real cheap for the condition it was in, only had 160,000kms on it which wasn't too bad for it's age plus it was manual and MPI from factory :D, the overall condition was pretty decent as it had all kinds of paint/rust/interior protection from brand new. I ended up getting a exhaust, cam, stereo, lowering and a few other bits and peices for it and drove it like that for a while...this is how it sat:

Anyway, after a while it got boring and a mate hooked me up with a cheap turbo kit, I bolted everything up with help from some mates and got it running. I only ever test drove it up and down my street as it had no front bar and I didn't wanna get d**k by the cops. So I pulled the 600x300 cooler off and decided to go a smaller 450x300 which would fit beind the stock front bar...at this stage I was starting to get over the car, I used to spend way too much time and money on it, so I ended up selling it as a project, here's some pics:

The guy that bought it off me had big plans for it, but in the end he stripped off all the good parts and let it sit for around a year and a half, so I ended up buying it back off him for a pretty good price, but it came back pretty f**k. First car love ay :P this is what it looked like when I got it back:

So I spent the next few months fixing everything up, I got it started again but didn't notice the oil pressure sender wasn't in the block, so as it was running all the oil drained out and my dizzy shaft seized.....dead motor. I bought a EL motor for it and fitted that in, while I done this I decided i'll go turbo again, and that ill give it a respray just to bring it back to it's former glory. The aim was to have it as stock looking as possible but with a turbo. So, 4 years later from when I first got it....I'm back where I started :P

I just finished the turbo stuff today (have a AIT kit), and finally put it all back together, needs a few loose ends sorted but should be good once it's complete. I'll get some up to date engine bay shots, and better exterior shots in the next few days.

Thanks for reading!

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Last edited by needfordspeed on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: EA S-Pack turbo sleeper
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

very nice and looks great with the new paint too... I'm going to really miss my EA when it's gone... it was a reliable decent car for many years for me.

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

looks super tidy... lol about sold and then re baught...

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:13 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BF XR6 Ute

NSW, Australia

hey that is very cool

where did you get the AIT kit from?

BF XR6 Ute,ED XR6 Manual (SOLD),XD 4V 351 toploader 9in

Zoom and Extreme magazines Production Editor

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6

ACT, Australia

If i ever saw my old XR6 I would first cry, but even if I had won the 90 mill I still woudnt have enough money to fix up what the new owner has done to it :(

Supercharger, extractors for sale
ford-parts-for-sale-f17/supercharger-3-exhaust-spool-rods-extractors-x2-t99480.html

More e series stuff from NF V8 fairlane for sale
post1252987.html#1252987

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thanks for the comments guys!

I got the AIT kit from a mate who upgraded all of his stuff, you see them pop up on ebay every now and then.

Definitely need to get one of these J3 chips onto it now, needs a tune pretty badly.

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Peacock EB Falcon

QLD, Australia

Nice, you need to do a serp conversion tho :p

Wanted, CFI manifold

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah I thought about it when the EL motor went in, but cbf at the time lol. If I keep having belt problems then i'll change it.

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8

NSW, Australia

Hey,

That paint has come up exco'......nice one!!

Going the whole sleeper theme? stockie steel rims?? no FMIC (or hidden very well)

Sleepers FTW

Cheers

8-) Daz 8-)

BA XR8 Boss 260
DAZFAB......Now Mobile
Mink = GAY
DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DA22LE, XTT909, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN, SWC, FAT245

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Peacock EB Falcon

QLD, Australia

DA22LE wrote:
no FMIC (or hidden very well)

Black paint solves that one :p

Wanted, CFI manifold

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

DA22LE wrote:
Hey,

That paint has come up exco'......nice one!!

Going the whole sleeper theme? stockie steel rims?? no FMIC (or hidden very well)

Sleepers FTW

Cheers

8-) Daz 8-)

Hey mate, yeah it'll be a sleeper! I'll keep the stock snowflakes on it, I had stockies on it the first time I had it and I reckon i'd get pulled over these days! I'll slam it pretty low though :P The FMIC will be hidden behind the stock bar, but i'll leave it silver...just so people who see it wil be like....WTF!

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Wagon Turbo, Ba Fairlane G220

VIC, Australia

needfordspeed wrote:

Hey mate, yeah it'll be a sleeper! I'll keep the stock snowflakes on it, I had stockies on it the first time I had it and I reckon i'd get pulled over these days! I'll slam it pretty low though :P The FMIC will be hidden behind the stock bar, but i'll leave it silver...just so people who see it wil be like....WTF!

I had plans of painting mine silver but once it is on there under the bar it looks awsome and I have seen a few people nearly brake there neck having a second look and like WTF :lol:

Congo Green Ba Wagon With F6 6 Speed Manual Driveline.

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

ACT, Australia

Sick car, what's the latest?

I like boost
http://www.venomexhaustworks.com.au

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

It's going in for a tune sometime in the next few weeks, then to calder when it opens! I'm running the 42lb injectors in it atm with just a rough tune, also need to plumb back the screamer and sort out the 10 psi boost cut the stock ECU has.

And check this out :D

Post subject: Re: EA S-Pack turbo sleeper *Now with GT3540*
Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Got this done today, had a few mates over and we couldn't really be stuffed, but once we started it, it was all easy! Microtech will be going in during the week, CAN'T WAIT :D

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 5  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next