Fordmods Logo

ED XR6 BUILD 

Page 19 of 30 [ 438 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 30  Next

Post subject: Re: ED XR6 - reassembly begins
Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Sweet!

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF gli, EF Fairmont, ZH Fairlane

TAS, Australia

took the tyre back in today off the XF ( i had it repaired a few weeks ago and went flat again) it was leaking around the weights this time (first time it had a nail in it) so tried some new weights did nothing so we took the tyre off to see if it would reseal as we took it off all this stuff came out what could only be described as bits of rubber :? was a heap of it in there was decided the tyre is as good as stuffed so i didnt even bother getting it put back on the rim.

what is it? :P

more joys with the XF the auto has its moments fluid is fine im not to sure it drops out of gear when turning into a street then goes back into gear a few seconds later. Its also a pig on fuel wich is annoying aswell as over the last couple of day its been getting a really strong burning oil smell to it :roll: im considering chucking some paint on those panels and pissing it off for what i paid for it and possibly get something smaller and spend more then a grand this time :lol:

today i cleaned the LTD seats they came up pretty well better then i thought there was a few marks that i thought wouldnt come out. i also priced a battery through my brother inlaw $110 and he will throw in some new terminals for free so hopefully not to long untill its driving again.

Daily: 1994 EF Falcon GLI, few mods with many more planned.

Soon to be daily: 1995 EF Fairmont, mostly stock.

Restoration: 1997 ZH Fairlane 500, 351 auto.

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 2:31 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 1991 eb1 fairmont

QLD, Australia

don't throw away the old rear seats or side squabs until you have fitted the new seats as we have already been there
we used the eb sedan sides as ours were the same colour and type of cloth as the donor fairlaine items you also need to drill out the seat back pivots at the mounting end and use your sedan ones or take the ltd fabrics off and fit to a set of sedan frames to suit headrests (fairmont style) then fit the ltd headrests straight in standard non headrest rear seats don't have the provision to mount headrests good luck but well worth the effort
here's a thought will the ltd front covers fit the recaros maybe a quick chat with your "friendly upholsterer/motor trimmer" nothing to lose but what a nice set of recaros that would make :D

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

that stuff looks like the remains of a can of tyre goop. You know the stuff that they use to fix punctures when you're being lazy and can't be assed doing it properly!!!

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Last set of Xr cloth recaro's I sold, only managed to get around $100 for them, so they are probably worth hanging onto & fixing up.

Full leather recaro's are nice, not so easy to get in really good condition these days. My set for the Xr8 needs a full retrim on the drivers seat, but it will be worth it.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

rustyeb1991 wrote:
don't throw away the old rear seats or side squabs until you have fitted the new seats as we have already been there
we used the eb sedan sides as ours were the same colour and type of cloth as the donor fairlaine items you also need to drill out the seat back pivots at the mounting end and use your sedan ones or take the ltd fabrics off and fit to a set of sedan frames to suit headrests (fairmont style) then fit the ltd headrests straight in standard non headrest rear seats don't have the provision to mount headrests good luck but well worth the effort
here's a thought will the ltd front covers fit the recaros maybe a quick chat with your "friendly upholsterer/motor trimmer" nothing to lose but what a nice set of recaros that would make :D

thanks for that info ill see how i go.

cheers.

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

philaddis wrote:
that stuff looks like the remains of a can of tyre goop. You know the stuff that they use to fix punctures when you're being lazy and can't be assed doing it properly!!!

ah right ive seen it never used it tho usually just drop it at a tyre shop.

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
Last set of Xr cloth recaro's I sold, only managed to get around $100 for them, so they are probably worth hanging onto & fixing up.

Full leather recaro's are nice, not so easy to get in really good condition these days. My set for the Xr8 needs a full retrim on the drivers seat, but it will be worth it.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

in that case ill probably hang onto the fronts then.

if you dont mind asking how much is a leather retrim costing? could be worth looking into in the future.

Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:37 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 1991 eb1 fairmont

QLD, Australia

philaddis wrote:

that tyre has been run flat and that stuff is actually the result

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

alrighty ive given in im sick of the XF looking crap and ive noticed people laughing at me when im driving it :oops: so its time to bring it back to its former glory. i am painting the gaurd, bonnet, grill aswell as doing some colour coding. i am re painting the rear bar black aswell as putting chrome striping in the bars and getting all the tape off the sides and boot of the car aswell as a good cut and polish should have it looking pretty good again.

my phone makes the colour look odd seems to be a pretty good match
gave a patch on the rear 1/4 a buff by hand
ignore the caliper paint i was in a rush in super cheap and there was a few rows of sating black i just grabbed one without looking :roll:
take your last look
also some parts i grabbed off lukey1990

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

May as well just spray the whole car :lol:

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

SLO247 wrote:
May as well just spray the whole car :lol:

im not that keen :lol:

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Don't spray the whole Xf, just enough of a good job to tidy it up, it's a daily after all isn't it?

In regards to the leather re-trim, not sure yet. However, I have had the complete outside bolster, both backrest & base done. New foam & new trim, that was $280 a little while ago, and holding up well. I'm going to get the same place to do the new pair of seats. It was suggested to me to bargain about $600 per front seat for a full rebuild of the foam & full retrim. The passenger seat only needs some repair work, so probably similar to what the other one in my Eb Ghia cost me.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
Don't spray the whole Xf, just enough of a good job to tidy it up, it's a daily after all isn't it?

In regards to the leather re-trim, not sure yet. However, I have had the complete outside bolster, both backrest & base done. New foam & new trim, that was $280 a little while ago, and holding up well. I'm going to get the same place to do the new pair of seats. It was suggested to me to bargain about $600 per front seat for a full rebuild of the foam & full retrim. The passenger seat only needs some repair work, so probably similar to what the other one in my Eb Ghia cost me.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

not doing the whole car just tidying it up and giving the rest a cut and polish to make it tidy.

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

XD VAN 82 wrote:
not doing the whole car just tidying it up and giving the rest a cut and polish to make it tidy.

Glad to read that man. I'd honestly love my Eb Ghia to be tidier, but it's pretty tidy, and there are other projects to work on. ;-)

E series FTW!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Sort by  
 Page 19 of 30  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 30  Next