Fordmods Logo

Heads & Cam (Dyno Pg 12 & 27, 1/4mile Pg 18) 

Page 10 of 52 [ 773 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 52  Next

Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF XR8 & 2002 GSXR-1000

WA, Australia

Dave is good. He is BOTTLEDUP on this forum (and many others). He is building a killer XD too.

The fast fun: Suzuki GSXR1000
The one I use when I can't use the fast fun: Blown EF XR8

Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

Kilma wrote:
Dave is good. He is BOTTLEDUP on this forum (and many others). He is building a killer XD too.

Yeah mate thats him, good bloke aye.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Bit of an update here, and a good one at that.
Dropped motor off to A1 this morning and Leon got stuck straight into it. Dave called me and let me know that the engine was fully stripped down to just the bottom end, the sump was off and everything had been cleaned up. They were just ready to slide the cam in and degree it in when they ran into a little trouble, the locating dowel for the cam was missing. So Daves gettin onto that straight away to source another one. Also while i was there Dave and Leon talked me into :lol: a nice set of ford racing rocker covers and a 3/8" phenolic manifold spacer for extra clearance.
So all good news so far, i left them with a digital camera to take some happy snaps throughout the build so once i have them back i'll post some up.
Will keep you guys updated tomorrow and throughout next week.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:19 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

you'll have different clearance issues with a 3/8 phenolic spacer.
i had a 1/2 inch one on mine and had little clearance to the bonnet. when the engine mount let go the egr plate actually cleaned up the bonnet good and proper. i'd go for a 1/2 inch spacer if you can get away with it over the rocker covers rather than the 3/8 one. just from experience thats all.

Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Trikee wrote:
i had a 1/2 inch one on mine and had little clearance to the bonnet. when the engine mount let go the egr plate actually cleaned up the bonnet good and proper. i'd go for a 1/2 inch spacer if you can get away with it over the rocker covers rather than the 3/8 one. just from experience thats all.

1/2 inch (12.7mm) is bigger than 3/8 (9.525mm), I am guessing you just got them around the wrong way, unless you meant 1/4 inch (6.35mm) spacer not 1/2 inch.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

The 3/8" fits under an XH bonnet, the 1/2" doesn't. ;)

TE50 T1 P01

Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Trikee wrote:

Yeah ya got me pretty confused there mate, think ya gettin bit mixed up.

3/8" will be the go, should have enough clearance there.

STREETBUILT RACING

Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

BOTTLEDUP wrote:
The 3/8" fits under an XH bonnet, the 1/2" doesn't. ;)

s**t didt see ya post mate, there ya go that says it all.

Howd ya go today Dave, anymore progress reports?

STREETBUILT RACING

Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:17 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: falcon ed xr8

QLD, Australia

the rockers in the pedastool heads are expenseive then the stud mounted rockers...all companies only sell high end rev power and if you want torque you need low end velocity that is small heads, big lift and wide lobe separation (114 degrees at least) and throw in a little bit of compression...this is so basic that companies don't sell it coz it is easier to make it yourself...if ya go with big manifolds and big heads...be prepared to be disappointed as ya will have big end power and no bottom end torque

you know boats, i know about fords...the only thing i pay for is whiskey coz i'm too damn lazy to make it myself

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 35 images

Ride: xy fairmont

WA, Australia

this may be the case if the rest of your motor is resonabley stock but when you start talking about serious motors and some decent performance well you will have good power and tourqe right threw the range you will only be lacking down low if you drive like a girl...and have a gay cam grind .....

If you have it under control then you dont have enough power..
There is no replacement for Displacment..

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:51 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: falcon ed xr8

QLD, Australia

what do you want to with the car and basically start from there...recommend to start with ya bottom end and work ya way from there...all it takes is a lot of research and knowing what ya want to do with ya car...Don't change ya plans just do more research...there are alot of mechanics that don't bloody know anything about these motors...here's a question tester to see if the mechanic knows anything about windsor: Will a clevland head bolt up to a windsor block??? Answer:(should be) Yes, with easy mods...clevland heads were made for the windsor bloke and the clevo block followed after...

you know boats, i know about fords...the only thing i pay for is whiskey coz i'm too damn lazy to make it myself

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 35 images

Ride: xy fairmont

WA, Australia

mate i new that when i was 16 doesnt mean i new anything about motors it just means i new what a Boss was if you go asking a mechanic a question like that he might think you no f**k all and try and take you for a row...

If you have it under control then you dont have enough power..
There is no replacement for Displacment..

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:31 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

my bad. i think i just confused myself. idiot

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

falconed2xr8 wrote:
what do you want to with the car and basically start from there...recommend to start with ya bottom end and work ya way from there...all it takes is a lot of research and knowing what ya want to do with ya car...Don't change ya plans just do more research...there are alot of mechanics that don't bloody know anything about these motors...here's a question tester to see if the mechanic knows anything about windsor: Will a clevland head bolt up to a windsor block??? Answer:(should be) Yes, with easy mods...clevland heads were made for the windsor bloke and the clevo block followed after...

Cmon guys, goin a bit off topic here. The combo has been chosen, the research has been done, the blokes behind this build have had much experience with the 5.0L windsor so theres no dramas there, just have to wait and see how the results turn out once its all back together and tuned.

STREETBUILT RACING

Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

falconed2xr8 wrote:
the rockers in the pedastool heads are expenseive then the stud mounted rockers...all companies only sell high end rev power and if you want torque you need low end velocity that is small heads, big lift and wide lobe separation (114 degrees at least) and throw in a little bit of compression...this is so basic that companies don't sell it coz it is easier to make it yourself...if ya go with big manifolds and big heads...be prepared to be disappointed as ya will have big end power and no bottom end torque

With all due respect... You are posting comments without knowing the whole story or the reasons behind them.

TE50 T1 P01

Sort by  
 Page 10 of 52  [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 52  Next