Fordmods Logo

Heads & Cam (Dyno Pg 12 & 27, 1/4mile Pg 18) 

Page 12 of 52 [ 773 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 52  Next

Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:01 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Looking good jeff!
Getting close now :D

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

BOTTLEDUP wrote:
Any more pics Jeff?

How did the weekend's effort at putting it in go?

Havent taken anymore pics so far, although it looked great sitting in the engine bay without the two big accessories brackets bolted onto the front, so i really should of taken a pic of that.

Well the motor itself is in and mounts tightened. Passenger side accessory bracket and pumps is mounted. Heater hoeses and some wiring is connected. Upper manifold is still off awaiting covers and spacer. Alternator bracket is still off getting bead blasted. All exhaust bolt holes in the heads were re-tapped (cheers -clampy- for the hot tip). Made up nice new fat earth cable to block. Bought new Nu-line steel idler pullies and fitted them. Got new in-hex cap screws for rocker covers and extractors. Other than that cant really think of anything else, but its all coming along nicely just waiting on those bits :wink: .

Stevo wrote:
my jealousy is disgusting me at the moment.

Dont worry mate i can see yours is gonna be a stout little combo also.

Steady ED wrote:
Looking good jeff!
Getting close now

Thanks mate.
It certainly is getting close now. You dont understand how relieving its gonna be when i get to the point where im turning that key.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:38 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

nice work dude. would be happy to see it done i must say. very impressed

Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Trikee wrote:
nice work dude. would be happy to see it done i must say. very impressed

Thanks mate, i tell ya what, you wont be as happy as i will lol :wink: .

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Well so far i've got the radiator in and all hoses connected, new header tank went in, thermos cleaned up and back in, alternator bracket back and fitted up with alt and new steel Nu-line idler pulley, nice polished Ford Racing rocker covers fitted, gave the gearbox a quick lick of silver paint and fitted up the billet short shift.
The upper manifold is at Refleks Metal Polishing (responsible for all the polishing done the big MERCULES), should see that back tomorrow and fit it up, other than that just gotta put the exhaust and headers on, fit all intake plumbing, fit geabox and tailshaft and fill her up with coolant then turn that key :D .
Heres a few pics, one of the rocker assembly with the platinums and the other of the progress today.

STREETBUILT RACING

Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

they look like ped mount heads?

nice tho man! even tho we did more or less the same thing in terms of major parts, yours was done alot prettier.. but hey one day i hope to pull the donk n do it all properly.. 331 crank, blueprinting, clean/new everything!

hey how much did the rocker covers(exactly what i want cept i want black/ally) cost and where did you get the blanking plate for the other side, and also how much was that? are they the FMS truck covers?

current ride: worn out chuck taylors

Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: T1 TE50 P01

WA, Australia

Clampy, they are the stud mount heads, but the YT Platinums run a single shaft for the two arms. Its only on canted valve heads that they run an individual stand for each rocker.

They are the Ford Racing covers, the truck ones. Black was the preferred option, but with none in the country and the clock ticking the polished items were our only avenue.

How is your combo going? Got that new exhaust on yet and did it give you any improvements?

TE50 T1 P01

Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

yer got 3" on her now.. made good difference but havent dynoed it yet.. no licence! atm just jackin it up to pull box out and fix sump gasket leaks.. aswell as pull shifter off and wait for newie.

yeh just the rockers looked similar and i was expecting to see something more different

Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:19 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ef xr8

NSW, Australia

Truck ones are around $300 clampy.Mine are the polished ones that have been painted(real easy).As for the hole in the other side I got it blanked off with a alloy disc welded in on the underside Image

----------------------------------------------------
FOR SALE;EF 5.0 auto ecu with tweecer $600
----------------------------------------------------

Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:18 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: NC Fairlane

WA, Australia

looks great. how does it go? lined up clampy? oh wait. . . first woopass after he gets licence perhaps. . . :P id like to see that.

Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:23 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: NC Fairlane

WA, Australia

Doh. Wrong car, wrong engine bay. Both lookin good. Good luck over the weekend getting it all back together.

Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

yer nah similar combo but a full ghia'd up sedan vs a lightweight XH shell.. sure it goesnt have much over the axle but once its hooked up i wouldnt be able to touch it.

Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

w8nc wrote:
looks great. how does it go? lined up clampy? oh wait. . . first woopass after he gets licence perhaps. . . :P id like to see that.

Doh. Wrong car, wrong engine bay. Both lookin good. Good luck over the weekend getting it all back together.

Thanks mate, cant get it running this weekend, not until i get the manifold spacer, the bottom of the plenum touches the top of the taller rocker covers :evil: . Oh well should hopefully have it by Friday so it could be all go over the long weekend.
So yeah i dunno how it goes yet lol, and i havent lined up clampy, i'd love to get down to a whoop a** after she's all running and tuned and i've gotten the feel of it.
Yeah the above isnt my engine bay, but its also a very very nice example on chookas behalf.
Heres a few pics from today with the upper explorer just sittin there.

-clampy- wrote:
yer nah similar combo but a full ghia'd up sedan vs a lightweight XH shell.. sure it goesnt have much over the axle but once its hooked up i wouldnt be able to touch it.

Pretty similar combo yeah as far as heads go and inlet is pretty close. Would certainly be very close times to each other, although im sure im a much bigger bloke than you clampy so that might even out the weight factor :lol: . As far as traction goes, i'll just have to wait n see, i'm gonna have to adapt to all the changes aswell, will be running an extreme ceramitallic clutch and the billet short shifter so they are certainly gonna be a big change.

STREETBUILT RACING

Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Alright well i found a genuine Walbro 255lph GSS341 on e-bay tonight for just under $150inc postage so i snapped that up right away to assist in fuel delivery. May also consider going to an adjustable fuel pressure reg too.
Gearbox, tailshaft, s/motor all went in yesterday with no dramas, so all i gotta do now is bolt up exhaust, fill with coolant, fit upper explorer with spacer and all plumbing, then drain and clean fuel tank and fit new pump, connect battery and fire it up.
Getting excited now :D

STREETBUILT RACING

Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

CALL FOR HELP HERE!!!
Has anyone got a 3/8" or 1/2" Manifold spacer to suit explorer manifold that they are willing to part with, im having alot of trouble getting hold of one and am in desperate need of it, reply here or PM please.
Cheers Jeff

STREETBUILT RACING

Sort by  
 Page 12 of 52  [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 52  Next