Fordmods Logo

Jewish Garage antics. So Jewish there isnt even a garage! 

Page 74 of 83 [ 1243 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 83  Next

Post subject: Re: The EVL fleet. Building a Mav again.
Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Subaru Liberty RX Wagon MY03

NSW, Australia

I like the cheat mode.

Current ride: MY03 Liberty RX Wagon
EBII S-XR6, Now 5 speed. Moved on to greener pastures...

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Well the pictures pretty much sum it all up but Ill do a bit of a run down of what happened and chuck some more pictures up.

Over the course of the week I had removed as much weight out of the body as possible by stripping as much as possible out of it. I had to take my time due to my stuffed shoulder and leave the awkward stuff until the guys got there in the morning to help out with.
Nice and early in the morning Dave and Chris rocked up so it was McBreakfast and talk s**t for a bit.
As we were about to head out and do some work Wayne made an appearance so it was out and first port of call being safety it was time for a pre work toolbox talk. Unfortunately I do not own a toolbox , so we had to improvise and make it an esky talk. First cans were cracked before 10am as is fast becoming "get s**t done" tradition.
We got into it and pulled the hard stuff I couldn't do on my own off and did a poke around to make sure nothing had been missed connecting the chassis to the body.
At this point Daz arrived and with him being another Maverick owner we had another poke around checking to confirm nothing had been overlooked.
We were ready to lift!
Donna was heading up the street to get the stuff for the BBQ lunch and she let me know the Palfinger guy was home from work on her way through.
I popped up to see him and down he come.

Setting up

I used some 75x50mm RHS to spread the load underneath the roof so it hopefully didn't fold up like a card house.

We were ready to lift. At this point I was very nervous on how it would all go.

Found out pretty quickly that the front was somewhat heavier then the rear. The crane operator made the call that someone should jump in the back of it to square it up.
Thus Chris earnt his new name of "Balast" :lol:

Worked perfectly!

Lowered the body on the chassis and run around dropping mounting bolts and lift blocks in as we all lined it up.

Action shot!

Dropped it down and got it all buttoned up.

Job done. Me looking at it thinking it shouldn't of been so easy and worked so well. Something must of f**k up. Nothing was wrong so time to celebrate!

Then it was BBQ lunch time cooked by the ever patient Donna while we sat around drinking and being clowns.
After lunch steering was hooked up , brake lines hooked up and we pushed the Mav into its work area on the back porch. There we swapped the wheels over and all got stuck in and flushed the brake lines and bled them up.
Work was done for the day.

Nik dropped by this afternoon so we bolted a few bits back on to start lining stuff up for the next round of work.

Massive thanks to everyone for coming along and helping me achieve what for so long was looking to be a pipe dream.
It was a great day with a lot of laughs and I am very appreciative of everyones help and am so happy to see it bolted back together.
Using the Palfinger was the best thing to do ever. It was really cheap and made sure there was no damage to the body and no one got hurt. Very happy I chose to go that way.
So now its time to keep moving and get it finished.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF wagon

NSW, Australia

Nice work.

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Excellent!!!!

You got to be a happy boy!!!!

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EBII, XR6

NSW, Australia

Thats awesome!!
Great work guys!!

Weekender: 07 BFII XR6T - Conquer
Retired: 1992 EBII SXR6 - Black Pearl

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:22 am 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Well done guys. Good progress underway.
Just as well you had the fat guy there that sat in the back as a ballast. :lol: :lol:

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks everyone.
The final thing that was blocking my progress to get choppy choppy was of all things an email.
The engineer had approved my plans while talking to him but I wanted it in an email so there was no confusion and I had it in writing.
After waiting a week for an answer I chased it up today.
He is more then happy with my frame design and materials I wish to use to make it and I got that in writing today.
Material has been picked up and if the rain buggers off there will be sparks tomorrow arvo after work!

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:01 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 1997 XJ Jeep Cherokee

NSW, Australia

So many times I just want to hit a "Like" button.
Hmm, must spend too much time on Facebook... :?

Racing is life. Everything in between is just waiting..........so have some fun while you are waiting!!

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Edzie wrote:
So many times I just want to hit a "Like" button.
Hmm, must spend too much time on Facebook... :?

LOL yep we need a "Like" button :D

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

So today was the day I was meant to take the blue pills.
Pity I took the red ones.
I then got access to the recipro saw and 4" grinder.....................................

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 5 speed XG ute

SA, Australia

You certainly like saws and grinders haha.
Looking forward to seeing this completed though... Always wanted either a Mav/Patrol or 60 series cruiser to turn into something like you're doing... one day...
Ballast gave me a good laugh!

Yep, I don't know what to write here...

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Blue and White Mercedes

NSW, Australia

Rooted XG wrote:
Ballast gave me a good laugh!

Gave me a better laugh

"Wheeeee!!"

the whole time through, I wanted to have a couple of seats in the body so it could become a giant swing when suspended off the crane. For some unknown reason, Matt was against it.

When the car was tipping forwards, the crane operator suggested someone get in the back of the car to level it out. For some reason, I didn't need to be told twice 8-)

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8

NSW, Australia

Are going to change the seats to ones that flip forward. Would aid getting things in and out from behind the seats.....

Let me know when you want to fold the sides for the tub. I assume you are putting a skin over the existing insides. Have you given any thought as to how the bottom would look. You might be able to get a sheet roll-formed.....might cost a bit, but it's the best way to do it IMHO......

Keep at it, while the shoulder permits, and if you need some help...holla.......

BA XR8 Boss 260
DAZFAB......Now Mobile
Mink = GAY
DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DA22LE, XTT909, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN, SWC, FAT245

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

DA22LE wrote:
Are going to change the seats to ones that flip forward. Would aid getting things in and out from behind the seats.....

Let me know when you want to fold the sides for the tub. I assume you are putting a skin over the existing insides. Have you given any thought as to how the bottom would look. You might be able to get a sheet roll-formed.....might cost a bit, but it's the best way to do it IMHO......

Keep at it, while the shoulder permits, and if you need some help...holla.......

Indeed it would Daz and if I can find a set of flip forward ute frames for a BA in jew fashion I will fit all the XR cushions and material to them.

Yeah Im going to skin the inner of the tub. It wont have to win prizes there as it will be painted in colour flek and over time will have the s**t bashed out of it.
I was actually going to fold the sides of the tub with my little 450mm bender and do it in sections but you are a man that has big toys to play with. If I knock up a little sample of the angle Im after will that be enough for you to duplicate longer? To have full pieces to put on will be much much better.
You have lost me at the bottom bit mate. :lol: Are you talking about the floor where I have to extend it through?
Yep if I get stuck your on speed dial! Cheers , I appreciate it.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

Matt_jew wrote:
DA22LE wrote:

Indeed it would Daz and if I can find a set of flip forward ute frames for a BA in jew fashion I will fit all the XR cushions and material to them.

Yeah Im going to skin the inner of the tub. It wont have to win prizes there as it will be painted in colour flek and over time will have the s**t bashed out of it.
I was actually going to fold the sides of the tub with my little 450mm bender and do it in sections but you are a man that has big toys to play with. If I knock up a little sample of the angle Im after will that be enough for you to duplicate longer? To have full pieces to put on will be much much better.
You have lost me at the bottom bit mate. :lol: Are you talking about the floor where I have to extend it through?
Yep if I get stuck your on speed dial! Cheers , I appreciate it.

As you 2 would know, patrol seats and sliders are made of cheese so b series is definitely the best option lol
Looks like good progress is being made of late. Keep at it

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Sort by  
 Page 74 of 83  [ 1243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 83  Next