Fordmods Logo

Jewish Garage antics. So Jewish there isnt even a garage! 

Page 82 of 83 [ 1243 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83  Next

Post subject: Re: Jewish Garage antics. So Jewish there isnt even a garage!
Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
Nice work!

I've got a garage, but most of my work is in the driveway, because I don't have enough coin to buy a garage big enough for me lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Cheers mate.
If I had a garage Id never be in the house and some really silly s**t would be being built.
Progress on Mav this weekend.
Zip , Zilch , Nada.
Am on standby and had to catch up with the stuff I need to do to make our place actually look like a home and not a workshop. 100 odd times emptying the catcher had me deciding that sometimes I don't like a big yard.
Will be back into it tomorrow arvo providing I don't have to work back.
I also had to fix a couple of issues on the Fairute , namely a stuffed pedal box and a water leak into the cabin when it rained.
Pedal box was fixed by removing the manual box , cutting off the clutch switch and stop plate , welding them to an auto pedal box I kept for this purpose and fitting a Mal Wood pin.
Nice to have a straight clutch pedal that doesn't creak , groan and actually works again.
Water leak was the good old cracked spot welds under the wiper motor trick. AU's are notorious for it!
Pulled it apart , pulled the wiper motor out and Sikaflexed it for the moment. Need to buy a 90 degree drill and I will then drill the spot welds out and fit high tensile bolts.

Its not just cars that are projects in the Jewish Garage. We also have our camper trailer which has been in attendance at all the Fordmods camping trips in various states.

It started out as a Cameron Campers soft floor trailer , which while it has heaps of room and was really comfortable , sucked massive balls to put up.

Was thinking of selling the whole thing off and on eBay come up a hardfloor camper box that would fit the trailer with a few changes.
Off to Orange we went.

The mighty old Blue wags on route. Was a slow old lap around the mountain! 4.0 , auto LPG powered goodness............

So the old soft floor top was sold off and the hardfloor camper fitted up with help from Ballast and we ended up with what has affectionately been christened "The Big Top".

Its a crap picture but if you can make it out the trailer on the right is ours. The striped canvas very much resembles a circus tent............................ this was on the Fordmods trip to Yalwal.

Believe it or not this project is nearly finished! But there are some changes I have been wanting to do for a long time and its time to make a start.
It is looking somewhat likely within the next few months I will be getting made redundant at work. If that happens me and Don will be slipping off for a much needed and overdue holiday and will be taking the trailer to do it in.
So there isn't a mad rush to get stuff done if I get the package , its time to start on the changes just in case.

In a few weeks I have roped Dazfab into doing a new drawbar for the trailer about 750mm longer. This will then take an aluminium toolbox I have acquired , the water tank and I will fit a boat winch to assist with opening and closing the lid since my shoulder will never be 100% again.
The gas bottles will also be fitted to the top of the tool box and plumbed full time. Behind the toolbox will be the battery box.
Inside I will be fitting some LED strip lighting and illuminated switches near the bed for those late night toilet breaks.
The spare wheel will have a swing out wheel carrier built for it and fitted to the back of the trailer.
Further down the track electric off road brakes will be fitted , the trailer repainted and the box reclad in Aluminium chequer plate or similar.

If there is interest I will share the build here.
I just thought Id put it up now as there is a lot more then just motorised stuffed that gets worked on here!

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Still cracking along.
Not much to show. Basically Im just making the right hand side look like the left.
Still lots to do but the light at the end of the tunnel seems to be showing.
Fingers crossed in a few weeks I should be able to say all the steel fab work on the body is complete!

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Matt_jew wrote:
Still cracking along.
Not much to show. Basically Im just making the right hand side look like the left.
Still lots to do but the light at the end of the tunnel seems to be showing.
Fingers crossed in a few weeks I should be able to say all the steel fab work on the body is complete!

The lucky part for you is the body work.....it has as many curves as a fridge....... :lol:
I'm way off finishing my body work....I gotta make a floor. :roll:

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Done any more ????

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

cjh wrote:
Done any more ????

Nah mate. Had a few days away from it as most of the last week has been 40 degree days.
The dogs are pretty heat stressed once I get home from work so I spend the arvo out cooling them down and making sure they are ok. They are 10 & 11 years old so they are getting on.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Matt_jew wrote:
cjh wrote:
Done any more ????

Nah mate. Had a few days away from it as most of the last week has been 40 degree days.
The dogs are pretty heat stressed once I get home from work so I spend the arvo out cooling them down and making sure they are ok. They are 10 & 11 years old so they are getting on.

40 degrees ????......it was 48 in my shed, and 43 outside in the shade.....then again, thats just how it is here in summer.......the concrete under the house was 32....and its 1.5m thick in places.....a lot of places....in all there is 130 tonnes of it.....I got shafted by the concreters....they hardly used any fill....just used 'crete as fill.....a5seholes :evil:

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:25 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

I stuck my head in on Saturday arvo, every time I see this thing, I am amazed at how f**k big it is.

I have a car.

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

Johnson stroker wrote:
I stuck my head in on Saturday arvo, every time I see this thing, I am amazed at how f**k big it is.

Thats what she said.

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:20 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 1997 XJ Jeep Cherokee

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
Johnson stroker wrote:

Thats what she said.

It's a big thing when you look into it. :wink:

Racing is life. Everything in between is just waiting..........so have some fun while you are waiting!!

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Still kicking along and making good progress.
No photos as the right side doesn't look much different from the left.
If I got a few solid full days on it , I would just about have it ready to start putting back together and start on the body work. With this weekend consisting of Kandos Saturday , catching up with a good mate and his wife Sunday and doing a service on the Ghia Monday , this wont be a big weekend of truck work.
Bastard.
Fingers crossed in a few weeks we will have an afternoon on the cans here and I will get the boys to help me roll it out into the yard to get some decent pictures of the steelwork finished.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Ford EL XR8

NSW, Australia

Love your work mate

EL XR8 II Manual, Ported GT40P's, E303 cam, Au220TB, 70mm MAF, HiFlo Cats, Tune (215rwkw) and some bigger brakes

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Was too hot to work on the trailer this afternoon so I did a bit more to the truck.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:32 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

i like how you incorporated the power by ford from old school rocker cover.. :)
nice work dude

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks Troy.
She is pretty rough and ready at the moment but its obviously not finished , will look much better then done.
I just had to get a picture up so no one started thinking I had another dose of the slack attacks!

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Took today off from the truck to do some work to the camper trailer. Needed a bit of a change of what I was grinding and welding.
I have always hated the short drawbar on the camper trailer. There isn't enough room to mount anything too much to it.
So I picked up a length of 75x50mm RHS with a 3mm wall and a length of 50x25mm RHS with a 3mm wall.

Fired up the grinder and a bit fell off.

Working out how much longer I wanted to make the drawbar and getting the angles right to fit back under the trailer correctly.

I ended up making it 800mm longer then what was originally on it.

Put a couple of good tacks on it to see if it all lined up to what I wanted.
There was much use of ratchet straps , jack stands and trolley jacks to get it up as I was working by myself on it.

Toolbox and new water tank position mocked up.

Will be spending a bit of time on the trailer at the moment. Hopefully in the next few months will see it hooked up to the back of the ute for an extended trip and we will be going to a mates at Easter.
Want to have it actually finished this time!

xr6turnip wrote:

Sort by  
 Page 82 of 83  [ 1243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83  Next