Fordmods Logo

Jewish Garage antics. So Jewish there isnt even a garage! 

Page 11 of 83 [ 1243 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 83  Next

Post subject: Re: MAV50L. The worlds biggest Mighty Boy!
Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8

NSW, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
I thought that was the mighty boy up on the Jimny chassis lol...

Yeah...but jimny is crissed as a picket.............hahahahahaha

BA XR8 Boss 260
DAZFAB......Now Mobile
Mink = GAY
DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DA22LE, XTT909, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN, SWC, FAT245

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

DA22LE wrote:
ToranaGuy wrote:
I thought that was the mighty boy up on the Jimny chassis lol...

Yeah...but jimny is crissed as a picket.............hahahahahaha

Sounds like fun! :cool:

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Here is a couple quick pics for you Torana guy.

Thinsg are going pretty well actually. Got most of the back etched out this afternoon and then started putting the inner window frame surround in.
That is a job that is heaps harder then I gave it credit for....................we will get it there but.
Need to get a new gas bottle but first. Those things run out at the most pain in the a*** times!
I am only pannelling around the window to clear off the sharp edges until it has had its first enginneering check. That way he can see the reinforcements etc. Then I will panel it completely in. Once complete it will be covered in foam and vinyl that is a close match to the hood lining until I get the hood lining redone.
The inner wall is painted in zinc rich , copper weld thru primer. I reckon that should keep any future cancer at bay.
The stuff that looks like elephant smegma under the gold primer is Sikaflex 227 structural compound. The panel are plug welded on from the outer , stitch welded on the inside and are sikaflexed as a fail safe and also to completely seal everything up to any gases. That wall aint going nowhere in a hurry.
It is actually starting to worry me that the enginner will call it overkill and too strong.............oh well whatever has to be changed will be. That is why I wont be going for bodywork perfection in case it all has to be redone. Once it is all passed it will be a different story but.
My main aim is to have it at AFD if I can get it to an acceptable state. I am going to hit the boss up tomorrow for next week off. If I can get that , AFD will be looking pretty achieveable!

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Tomorrow afternoon if the blody rain stops will be cracking out the can of Rage gold , giving everything a good cover and then out with the speed file and long board..............mmmn bog dust!

Before anyone asks too the rear window actually come from an XD panel van tailgate. Yep very sacrelidge to chop up an upper door that was in pretty good nick for this but it was here and worked!
Depending on what happens with the enginnerring and such the Mav might just be getting a reasonable horsepower injection at the end of the year.......................gotta get to work faster! :mrgreen:
Ditching the LPG will be the start of it , but that is in the future. Need to get this complete and rubber stamped first.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Got a little more done this afternoon. Did no good with the week off. I am currently in the middle of a dispute with them over a take home vehicle being removed from me so I am not pushing my luck tooooooo far for a change.
Got most of around the rear window panelled out when I realised that I had somehow turned the reg on the bottle off and there was actually a little gas left for the welder. Then mid way through I actually did run out.................doh! Off to BOC tomorrow afternoon.
So finish off a tiny bit of welding there then on the weekend the old man is coming down for us to stuff around and work out a way to rehang the hood lining at the rear. Then it is just modify the floor vinyl , refit the rear interior , make up some cover plates and do the bodywork. I am hoping to get in contact with the enginner ( he seems to have gone AWOL. Most likely in the states buying more Mustangs......bastard) and get him to look at it late next week.

Also the decision has been made providing that all goes well with the enginner that the good old Fairlane will be stripped out once the rego is due and the Maverick will be going back into daily service. It needs to be used.
Financially owning and running 3 V8's in the one household is a real drain. Plus having 3 that are being modified and its is a constant battle and getting nowhere. Plus the Maverick has now turned from a quick hack job to fix some rust to something that is looking pretty cool and I am somewhat proud of.
Some of the nice bits of the lane will make their way onto the XR so I can still have some fun in it and the rest will be sold off to finance more works to the Mav. The healthy motor from the lane will have a new cam fitted and end up in the Mav along with the high flow cats and a new exhaust system will be made. Then later on a few more bits will happen to make it a bit faster.........
Dunno yet if I will make AFD but I am trying really hard!

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon Monti

NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
........Also the decision has been made providing that all goes well with the enginner that the good old Fairlane will be stripped out once the rego is due and the Maverick will be going back into daily service.

:shock:

EVL098 wrote:
Dunno yet if I will make AFD but I am trying really hard

The Mav is already looking bloody good.

You know, you could always try to coax the e-series bandwagon to get to yours and help you so that the Mav is ready for AFD, maybe offer them with the offer of some cold bevereges? lol

Have fun Matt, hope you get it all done one way or another

BANNED USER

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks Tony. An amount of the lads have already offered their assistance to get me over the line and its much appreciated.
Will see how it goes over the coming week. I might even decide to change something else in the meantime and stuff myself right up.
It has to be right this time.................no more pull aparts. Yeah right like that will happen!

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Fingers crossed there will be a picture of the old girl out the front on Sunday night...................
Finished off welding the inner this afternoon and the hood lining and such should go back in tomorrow. Then a HUGE cleanout and make the interior fit again.
Then it will just the make it predddy bit. That could take some work!
Hope to get it enginneered next week or at least have it looked at and told what is rooted to fix.
Will be spending Monday on the phone to some enginneers and hopefully get it looked at Wednesday or there abouts.
On the home stretch now!

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
Fingers crossed there will be a picture of the old girl out the front on Sunday night...................
Finished off welding the inner this afternoon and the hood lining and such should go back in tomorrow. Then a HUGE cleanout and make the interior fit again.
Then it will just the make it predddy bit. That could take some work!
Hope to get it enginneered next week or at least have it looked at and told what is rooted to fix.
Will be spending Monday on the phone to some enginneers and hopefully get it looked at Wednesday or there abouts.
On the home stretch now!

Congratulations Matt, this is a massive win that you will enjoy

Looks like stripping of the boat is getting closer now :(

Hope it all goes well getting it engineered. Looks like a piece of artwork with the welding :)

BANNED USER

Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The closest my welding is to art Tony is somewhat abstract.....thanks for the vote of confidence but!
Yep the day of reckoning for the boat is drawing closer......................dont even know if I will run it at the creek again. As soon as the Mav gets its little bit of paper (if it gets one) it will be back on the road and the lane will be coming apart. The rest of it will be done as it is being used.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
The closest my welding is to art Tony is somewhat abstract.....thanks for the vote of confidence but!
Yep the day of reckoning for the boat is drawing closer......................dont even know if I will run it at the creek again. As soon as the Mav gets its little bit of paper (if it gets one) it will be back on the road and the lane will be coming apart. The rest of it will be done as it is being used.

Pity that i will never get to see that boat in person............. lol, oh well. i am actually thinking of buying a LWB rolling shell and slowly rebuilding it :mrgreen:

BANNED USER

Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well young Tony before too long there should be a pretty good rolling shell kicking around here. Problem being is it would be pretty much just a rolling shell.

Had a good run today. Hoodlining is up and in. Its neat but neither me or Dad are happy with how it worked out so once everything is sorted out and finished and the wallet recovers it will be off to the trimmer for a new custom lining when the tonneau gets made.
Rear seats are finally back in , the rear wall is finished and sealed , inner plastic trims are modified to fit and back in and I have to say its looking f**k excellent.
Am currently working on the body work , need to finish the window opening so I can refit the rear window for the last time! :mrgreen:
Just have to knock out some trim plates for the ute area , make a new lock for the tailgate as I am not happy with how it is and then get all the bodywork knocked off.
Will get you fine people some pics tomorrow. Im only inside and not working on it now as I have run out of light so taking pics will be pretty useless!

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
Well young Tony before too long there should be a pretty good rolling shell kicking around here. Problem being is it would be pretty much just a rolling shell.

Will be watching the FS thread until its ready to go :) got a price in mind for just the rolling shell?

EVL098 wrote:
Had a good run today. Hoodlining is up and in. Its neat but neither me or Dad are happy with how it worked out so once everything is sorted out and finished and the wallet recovers it will be off to the trimmer for a new custom lining when the tonneau gets made.
Rear seats are finally back in , the rear wall is finished and sealed , inner plastic trims are modified to fit and back in and I have to say its looking f**k excellent.
Am currently working on the body work , need to finish the window opening so I can refit the rear window for the last time!
Just have to knock out some trim plates for the ute area , make a new lock for the tailgate as I am not happy with how it is and then get all the bodywork knocked off

Thats good news. By the sounds of it, come AFD, both you and the missus will hopefully be somewhat happy with the Mav....

EVL098 wrote:
Will get you fine people some pics tomorrow. Im only inside and not working on it now as I have run out of light so taking pics will be pretty useless!

You could always use RD's way of making light......... :lol:

BANNED USER

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Didnt get it out the front today as a few other things come up and I went looking at a troop carrier to confirm that a few ideas I have in mind are actually the right decision.
I sat in a troopy today and realised they are a terrible uncomfortable bag of s**t and there is no future between me and one.
Got a bit more done in the afternoon but have the rest of the week off so it will be full steam ahead for the next couple of days.
Its so close I can taste it and it does taste mighty fine!

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thats good to hear..... lol

um, how long til it goes in to recieve its engineers cert?

BANNED USER

Sort by  
 Page 11 of 83  [ 1243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 83  Next