Fordmods Logo

just SOME pics of CMYWPN build- MORE to come. 

Page 2 of 7 [ 97 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

looking good took sometime for piccys to load be ohwell love the chicky on the engine cover.

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:33 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Pics look heaps better now mate.

I like the stainless steel surge tank you made up

I might have to steel that idea hope ya dont mind, did you tig weld it up yourself?

And are you a painter or a fitter & turner cos it looks like your a jack of all trades

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hahaha. Im a qualified mechanic. But i like to try anything. Dont mind a bit of spray painting. I did the bay but i let my mate paint the front cos he's a painter and i wanted a pro to do it. Yeah made the tank myself. Main reason for it is to make room for two turbos. I also made the factory sensor fit into it.

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah ba police brakes and el gt rotors with el rear brake setup

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Wagon Turbo, Ba Fairlane G220

VIC, Australia

Hi mate great looking car. Just wondering how you got the brakes to fit? did you keep the standard offset or go BA. Thanks

Congo Green Ba Wagon With F6 6 Speed Manual Driveline.

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:06 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

eboost wrote:
hahaha. Im a qualified mechanic. But i like to try anything. Dont mind a bit of spray painting. I did the bay but i let my mate paint the front cos he's a painter and i wanted a pro to do it. Yeah made the tank myself. Main reason for it is to make room for two turbos. I also made the factory sensor fit into it.

Im a fitter myself, but respectfully surprised that being a mechanic you have the skills to fabricate a stainless steel surge tank.

Did you use a TIG welder? If so did you purge the tank with argon gas to prevent burn through? because if you dont sometimes when welding a job like that you end up with a black crusty surface on the inside corners you cant get out, if you block all the holes and put a gas line in to it from another argon bottle and pressureize it you will end up with a clean weld inside and out.

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8

NSW, Australia

joshie007 wrote:
Im a fitter myself, but respectfully surprised that being a mechanic you have the skills to fabricate a stainless steel surge tank.

Did you use a TIG welder? If so did you purge the tank with argon gas to prevent burn through? because if you dont sometimes when welding a job like that you end up with a black crusty surface on the inside corners you cant get out, if you block all the holes and put a gas line in to it from another argon bottle and pressureize it you will end up with a clean weld inside and out.

You obviously dont know how to tig weld, and should refrain from commenting on such. If your welds are crusty on the inside then u obviously had the amperage up to high for the thickness of material or maybe your welds were crusty looking on the outside as well because you forgot to turn the shielding gas on..........

the only thing you did get right is the dscription on how to purge..

Nice car Eboost BTW

Cheers

Daz

BA XR8 Boss 260
DAZFAB......Now Mobile
Mink = GAY
DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DA22LE, XTT909, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN, SWC, FAT245

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:05 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EBII

VIC, Australia

Always loved the look of this one.
If only it had the correct amount of cylinders! :lol:

Brand New Distributor: $50 + other stuffs
forums/viewtopic.php?t=73696&highlight=ebii
... "And the mountains shall drop sweet wine and the hills shall melt"...

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:34 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

DA22LE wrote:
joshie007 wrote:

You obviously dont know how to tig weld, and should refrain from commenting on such. If your welds are crusty on the inside then u obviously had the amperage up to high for the thickness of material or maybe your welds were crusty looking on the outside as well because you forgot to turn the shielding gas on..........

the only thing you did get right is the dscription on how to purge..

Nice car Eboost BTW

Cheers

Daz

Clearly if i know how to purge i know about tig welding.

I beg to differ mate CLEARLY you have no idea what you are talking about.

When you fabricate a tank that will be pressureized by the cooling system you need a weld that does not burn trough BUT makes it appear you have welded it on both (penno) sides so there will be no leaks and hold pressure.

You get this result buy playing with the amps and pulse settings (on a test piece no less!). But without pruging the tank YOU WILL find the black crusty s**t on the inside as a result of that there is no shielding gas inside (as if you forgot to turn the gas on with a normal weld) even though the outside of the weld appears to be one of the best welds you have ever done. Despite what you think DA22LE!!

IF YOU LEARN HOW TO READ

You will realize i never said anything about outside weld being crusty.

I dont own and run my own Machinery Maintenance Company for the fun of it.

My work is souly in the Food and Wine industry and i work with stainless steel everyday.

NEXT TIME YOU DISSAGREE WITH A METHOD THAT HAS BEEN POSTED ON THIS SITE YOU MIGHT WANT TO BE A BIT LESS RUDE AND MAYBE EVEN REFRAIN FROM COMMENTING!!

DA22LE Are you even a tradesman?

eboost, I am sorry for taking over your thread as fiend would say, Back to original programing!! lol

Josh
Managing Director
Hills Engineering Services PTY. LTD.

Last edited by XR-Lane on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:07 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

DA22LE wrote:
maybe your welds were crusty looking on the outside as well because you forgot to turn the shielding gas on..........

Lets think about this, If you know how to use a TIG you wouldent forget to turn the gas on and proceed to weld for an inch or so and then stand there scratching your head wondering why your weld looks like its been done with a stick welder, and your electrode needs resharpening.

Alot of tradesman have forgotton to turn the gas on atleast once in there carrer even the old buggers who have been doing it for years!

Clearly a tradesman would pick this up with in 2 seconds of activating the high frequency start, or arcing if you have scratch start.

Just remember there is more than one way to skin a cat

Josh

Update.

I thort this site was intended for all who join and contribute to learn how to improve thier mighty falcons, not publicly bagging people out for either not knowing or describing a techniqe that you dont agree on.

Josh

Last edited by XR-Lane on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

cmon guys. why cant we all just get along? haha

To get grakes on stub axles were machined. Then the ba ones just bolt straight on.

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:56 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

joshie007 wrote:

eboost I ment this as a compliment hope you dont take it the wrong way.

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

VIC, Australia

i saw this car in person at a car show at Flemington race way, awsum car, i love the look of it, awsum car not that you already dnt know that

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

thanks dude^. Its ok joshie, i know what you meant.

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

VIC, Australia

thats ok, i have always loved your car but when i saw it in person i really did love it, the car is perfect, and i like the updated badgers on the outside

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 7  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next