Fordmods Logo

kenay's Fairmont Ghia *New Motor + pics of custom seats pg25 

Page 26 of 35 [ 512 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 35  Next

Post subject: Re: kenay's Nightmare For your own sake please READ
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:15 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Things that make you go ROFL-LOL.

Kenay wrote:
arm79 wrote:
See, this is why I lol'd.

No home mechanic has the kind of equipment you are talking about (been googling a little have you) in their garage at their disposal.

this has proved my mechanic's point if you didnt have the equiptment you had no way of taking the correct measurments

So do you have all this equipment available in your garage to do a cam swap? Did you have this equipment availalble when you attempted a cam swap on the EF SVO? Or is the reason you weren't able to complete the job in 2 days because this equipment wasn't available?

So now you will need to get all the cam change guides on here altered, get JMM to change his guide and email everyone who has ever changed a cam in their car, to tell them that a dial indicator and feeler guages just dont cut it anymore. Get it checked by a race mechanic or the engine will implode.

Kenay wrote:
at the end of the day the springs that are in it are incorrect and you have said you have taken advise, but somewhere you have misheard information or interpreted it incorrectly, there is no reputable company such as Crane, RPD or JMM that would have advised you do the install exactly how you have done it as these company's are proffesionals and would have calculated to the empths degree and somewhere you have changed there instructions

You can keep on wishing that is true. When you goto a person selling cams and ask them for everything and they give you a cam, springs, timing gear and instructions, are you supposed to then start doubting them at the counter. Or do you take their word that what they are selling you is the tried and proven parts they have been using. In this case, that's what I did. Nothing to mishear or misinterpret. I used what I was given, guided by the instructions I was given. You give me far too much credit when you suggest I went against a 100years of engine building theory and fact and decide to do it my own way.

I dare you to wander down to JMM and ask for a cam and springs and then start saying they are the wrong springs and they are s**t. If you left without that cam wedged up your a** sideways, I'd be more than suprised.

I've already conceeded that I may have been given the wrong springs... Or that they were s**t examples and have failed prematurely... But 2 years on, there isn't much that can be done.

Kenay wrote:
so now the motor is with the race engineer being fixed

And good luck. Is this the person I'm supposed to be getting a call from? If so, what's his name?

87SIlude wrote:
If you had taken the vehicle back when you noticed the problem and ensured it was rectified im positive all extra work to fix it would have been free of charge.

When this car was offered for sale to Kenay, he refused to come inspect it, he knew it was good enough for the $$$. I demanded that he did, as it was his one chance to pick on faults and negotiate. Told him if he didn't, then his one chance at discussing any recourse to problems was gone. He eventually conceeded and came to my place late late one night and deemed the car perfect.

If he had problems, I would have done my best to fix them as part of the sale... But even he deemed the car perfect.

It's been all downhill from the sale, so I can't say these events were unexpected.

P.S. Sorry for the late reply. I've been in the garage all night removing every mod I ever made to my Force 6 for fear of the car randomly exploding or just stopping dead in an undesirable spot.

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:24 pm 
VIC Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: ed

VIC, Australia

Quote:
P.S. Sorry for the late reply. I've been in the garage all night removing every mod I ever made to my Force 6 for fear of the car randomly exploding or just stopping dead in an undesirable spot.

yay now my car will be faster than yours :P

94 White ED Wagon
eaton M112 supercharger, lowered a tad, extractors, 2.5" exhaust, T5 , custom SureCam supercharger cam, 3.45 lokka, 2 piece tailshaft, poyair bags in the back, TSS front Skirt, Sprint skirts, XR wagon spoiler.
soon to get: AU diff, upc 330mm brakes, Vapor LPG injection.

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:27 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

how long has kenay had the car for???

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: FG 50th Anni G6E Turbo

VIC, Australia

18 Months - 2 Years if my maths are correct.

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:47 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

DoddEA wrote:
18 Months - 2 Years if my maths are correct.

oh ok..
so whats the propblem then does kenay want waranty or something???

i can understand he might be a little p****d if he brought the car a month or a few weeks ago and this happened..
but 2 years.. cmon, just fix it and move on!!!!

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:48 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Dodd is correct. About 18 months now in Kenay's ownership and nerly 2 years since the motor was redone.

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:52 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
oh ok..
so whats the propblem then does kenay want waranty or something???

He hasn't asked me for anything.

He's just decided to make some under the table remarks about the quality of my work and parts I used.

Instead of doing it behind my back and keeping it quiet this time, he's made it a bit more public, so I've popped my 2c in. I wasn't supposed to know about the other times he's "silently" had a crack at me.

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:02 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EB XR8

VIC, Australia

Arm79, little off topid, but did you used to live in Echuca?

Pretty sure your the guy i bought the XR6 engine and dash from a few years back?

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:07 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Nah mate. Lived in the big smoke all my life.

I've done some wrecking jobs in my garage before, so you may have bought something from me.... Possibly.

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:09 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EB XR8

VIC, Australia

ah yeah my mistake, was just gonna mention that you helped me out alot and couldnt remember if it was you or someone else!

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1993 Ford Fairlane

VIC, Australia

JUZXR8 wrote:
ah yeah my mistake, was just gonna mention that you helped me out alot and couldnt remember if it was you or someone else!

just give him the credit anyway :P

reading through his posts has helped me a lot so IMO "kenay" needs to move on, might need to make him a cup of concrete so he can harden the F**k up

1993 NCII Fairlane
Mods to come:
V8 - SLs - exhaust - DC LTD leather - LTD grill and garnish - LTD wood grain - body colour trim - wheels - tinted windows

1991 NCI Fairlane
Mods to come:
4.0L - lows - exhaust - NCII seats - NCII door trims - LTD grill - body colour trim - wheels - window tint

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: FG 50th Anni G6E Turbo

VIC, Australia

JUZXR8 wrote:

Also has spent considerable time assisting me, and my car was fine (read better) for it!

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 94 ED Fairmont, MY97 LE WRX

VIC, Australia

Kenay needs to drink a cup of concrete.

Anyone knows the lateral pressure on a valve being opened and closed by a normal cam is extreme,
So using a high lift cam, would certainly exert more pressure on the valve also causing it not only wear out the guides but also the valve seats.
It's common sense really the more you have to push through a opening the more wear on the moveable parts like the old see saw effect.

Atleast it wasn't a Markr154 and his purchase of Pyroay, I remember the trouble he had and it was almost instantly too

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Kenay....

big cams + H/D Valve springs = excessive wear on valvetrain :!:

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

A Dev-5 shouldn't bind double valve springs, my cam had more lift than a JM Dev-5 and ran perfect with Jim Mock double valve springs.

Wear like that shown in the videos doesn't happen overnight, it must have been as rattly as s**t for a while?

And even the smaller inner spring of my doubles has more tension than the spring shown in the video, something weird there.

Sort by  
 Page 26 of 35  [ 512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 35  Next