Fordmods Logo

kenay's Fairmont Ghia *New Motor + pics of custom seats pg25 

Page 27 of 35 [ 512 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 35  Next

Post subject: Re: kenay's Nightmare For your own sake please READ
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Ok a couple of things I am seeing here that the "race engineer" should of picked up on.
Oil that is 12 months old will go acidic. Will eat through seals , valve steam seals etc.
Having a decent cam in it as well does it run a bit rich at idle? If so that will make it even worse.
8000km in 12 months Im tipping it didnt get that many big runs too often. The condensation not being burnt out of the oil will only ad to the acidic problem.
Also springs holding on a high lift cam dont like sitting idle. They will get fatigue spots in them sitting around under tension. The reason why actual racers with big dollar high lift motors actually back the rocker gear off before storing the motor.
Worked motors need better and more maintenance then a standard motor pure and simple.
How come your "race engineer" that has found all these problems didnt look at it when the problem first appeared? If he did how come he didnt find the issues then?
The issue with aluminium can shims. Are you 100% certain any of the previous 10 mechanics that looked at it didnt put them in?
It sucks that your car has shat itself. But after 18months of ownership , 10 different mechanics waving their wand over it and a sketchy maintenance history since owning it , there are WAY too many variables to say the guy that put it together originally botched it.
If these problems appeared within the first week or 500km of ownership and noone else had touched it , yeah the shame game would go straight back to arm79.
But with what you have had done to it and not done to it in the way of servicing Im sorry Kenay but you have made yourself to look the dumb backyard amature mechanic that knows nothing!

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: BA MKII Fairlane GHIA

VIC, Australia

to all the above quotes if you where to read this whole thread from about page 6 which was when i purchased the car you would see that i asked for help and information about this motor ticking

in other news i have been up in tottenham for the last 3 hours talking with Brendan Mock and he assures me the installation has caused the issue it has absalutly nothing to do with how it was serviced or how hard it was driven the fact remains critical component where left off.
also to add to that note it seems as if adrian used a v8 outer spring but left off the inner spring neither of those springs are used by JMM and the talked about crow spring isn't used either because it has an issue with valve float so everyone that has asked for me to take it and get assessed i have by Brendan Mock @ Jim Mock Motorsport who also told me the cam wasn't purchased direct

Now explain how its my fault :D

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF wagon

NSW, Australia

^ +1 (Evl098's post)

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The fact that you didnt service it or get the problem sorted out when it first started maybe?
Why didnt you got and see Mock when the issue first raised its head?

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1993 Ford Fairlane

VIC, Australia

Kenay wrote:
to all the above quotes if you where to read this whole thread from about page 6 which was when i purchased the car you would see that i asked for help and information about this motor ticking

in other news i have been up in tottenham for the last 3 hours talking with Brendan Mock and he assures me the installation has caused the issue it has absalutly nothing to do with how it was serviced or how hard it was driven the fact remains critical component where left off.
also to add to that note it seems as if adrian used a v8 outer spring but left off the inner spring neither of those springs are used by JMM and the talked about crow spring isn't used either because it has an issue with valve float so everyone that has asked for me to take it and get assessed i have by Brendan Mock @ Jim Mock Motorsport who also told me the cam wasn't purchased direct

i have trouble believing that you have seen anybody at all.
especially since your posts are all vague and don't explain heaps, even though they are immensely long

1993 NCII Fairlane
Mods to come:
V8 - SLs - exhaust - DC LTD leather - LTD grill and garnish - LTD wood grain - body colour trim - wheels - tinted windows

1991 NCI Fairlane
Mods to come:
4.0L - lows - exhaust - NCII seats - NCII door trims - LTD grill - body colour trim - wheels - window tint

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG 50th Anni G6E Turbo

VIC, Australia

Kenay, what is the desired result out of all of this? You can't expect Adrian to pay for anything given that its been 18 months. If its to name and shame him (Without proof or substantive evidence) then this is seriously poor form.

If it was simply an update on the build thread, then so be it... but leave all the s**t out about "Backyard Mechanics" (whom you are one) and going out of your way to degrade Adrian. A simple update would indicate that the engine is screwed and it needs fixing because of X,Y,Z. There is no need for the other s**t.

Just my $0.02.

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:35 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Kenay wrote:

Wat critical components are these?

Kenay wrote:

At the time I got the cam, JMM was using 2 springs. They had an older type which were similar to the stock spring, but a higher rate that could accept higher lift and a new type they were trying... The ones that are on your engine now. They were phasing out the old type as they were cracking about 18 months to 2 years into their life. Turns out the new ones were CRANE springs, and the same ones that RPD were using with their cams... So thats what I went out and bought... CRANE springs. Brendan did tell me about issues with Crow springs, the same thing he told you. Which is why I bought the same CRANE springs, not Crow. Please read carefully before s**t.

Nowadays they might be using a completely different spring for whatever reasons. dsyfer mentions he's running JMM double springs, something they never had when I bought the cam. You couldn't get a double spring soft enough to work with the OHC setup Ford gave us.

The cam was also purchased direct from JMM. If I could be f**k, I'd get the receipt out, as I know I still have it. Only I didnt get it from Brendan, i got it from Jim. So I don't know how Brendan could remember me buying it, when he wasn't the one who served me... And this is back in the day when they were working from Altona North. Again, you need to be sure before shooting your mouth off.

Kenay wrote:

No one said it was your fault. s**t happens, things break. It might have happened to me if I had kept the car. You just need it to be someones else fault, but you've yet to establish that.

So.... Next fantasy?

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

DoddEA wrote:
Kenay, what is the desired result out of all of this? You can't expect Adrian to pay for anything given that its been 18 months. If its to name and shame him (Without proof or substantive evidence) then this is seriously poor form.

If it was simply an update on the build thread, then so be it... but leave all the s**t out about "Backyard Mechanics" (whom you are one) and going out of your way to degrade Adrian. A simple update would indicate that the engine is screwed and it needs fixing because of X,Y,Z. There is no need for the other s**t.

Just my $0.02.

hey mate i havnt asked for anything dont even want an appology more trying to point out mistakes
i will admit as i always do that i make mistakes

i never actually wanted to flame or abuse adrian and im sorry that i have now.. things would never have come to this if he had of called me in the first place

Adrian,
for my public harassment toward you i am sorry

dylby1 wrote:
Kenay wrote:

i have trouble believing that you have seen anybody at all.
especially since your posts are all vague and don't explain heaps, even though they are immensely long

give Brendan Mock a call and ask 03 9325 1440
my friend can also be contacted on 0400040900

please let everyone know of your findings

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

arm79 wrote:
Kenay wrote:

Wat critical components are these?

Kenay wrote:

At the time I got the cam, JMM was using 2 springs. They had an older type which were similar to the stock spring, but a higher rate that could accept higher lift and a new type they were trying... The ones that are on your engine now. They were phasing out the old type as they were cracking about 18 months to 2 years into their life. Turns out the new ones were CRANE springs, and the same ones that RPD were using with their cams... So thats what I went out and bought... CRANE springs. Brendan did tell me about issues with Crow springs, the same thing he told you. Which is why I bought the same CRANE springs, not Crow. Please read carefully before s**t.

Nowadays they might be using a completely different spring for whatever reasons. dsyfer mentions he's running JMM double springs, something they never had when I bought the cam. You couldn't get a double spring soft enough to work with the OHC setup Ford gave us.

The cam was also purchased direct from JMM. If I could be f**k, I'd get the receipt out, as I know I still have it. Only I didnt get it from Brendan, i got it from Jim. So I don't know how Brendan could remember me buying it, when he wasn't the one who served me... And this is back in the day when they were working from Altona North. Again, you need to be sure before shooting your mouth off.

Kenay wrote:

No one said it was your fault. s**t happens, things break. It might have happened to me if I had kept the car. You just need it to be someones else fault, but you've yet to establish that.

So.... Next fantasy?

2. Not knowing how to calculate spring bind (this resulted in removing the second spring *Yeah that'll fix it YOU IDIOT*
3. buying a rollmaster timing set and not knowing how to set it up
4. removing or forgetting to install upper spring seat spacers (this results in losing tension and causing valve bounce **IDIOT**)

sorry my head was stuck on it being a crow springs anyways as i said brendan hasnt seen or used the single springs that are currently fitted

its all being fixed now brendan has advised me to get a hold of a second hand head and start from there, as my current is to far gone it needs alot of machining and new parts

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

why not just build a bridge and get over it, s**t happens. heads,motors are cheap as chips

Post subject: Re: kenay's fairmonts new car
Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont Sedan

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

So in Aug 2009 it had a tick and you didnt get it checked and now its Jan 2010 oh dear

Kenay Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:13 pm wrote:
lol i really shouldn't have said that..
well this weekend im fixing the cai (bad mr force 6)
and maybe even have a go at fixing the annoying tick...
and desperatly need to clean the leather

PROEF 13.46 @ 105.78mph - 1994 Ford Fairmont EF NA 6cyl Man 3.9 diff Sedan
Stock Fuel Pump, 29lb Injectors, JMM Street Series Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, 205rwkw

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:29 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Kenay wrote:
i never actually wanted to flame or abuse adrian and im sorry that i have now.. things would never have come to this if he had of called me in the first place

Apologies for being sick in bed, mostly unable to talk because of a minor gastro infection, with my phone on silent so I wouldnt be disturbed. Maybe a call back would have sufficed too.

Kenay wrote:
2. Not knowing how to calculate spring bind (this resulted in removing the second spring *Yeah that'll fix it YOU IDIOT*
3. buying a rollmaster timing set and not knowing how to set it up
4. removing or forgetting to install upper spring seat spacers (this results in losing tension and causing valve bounce **IDIOT**)

2. No need to calculate when your told by the cam designer that a certain spring will work with their cam. Removal of the centre spring was advised by RPD as the spring fouled on the base. Maybe as time went on this was a bad idea, but thats what you get when you wander away from factory design and try something new. JFYI, the Dev 5 cam has a lift of around 0.600". The factory springs have an installed height of 46.0 to 46.8mm, not sure at what lift they bind. The springs I installed have a recommended install height of 46.99mm and have a max lift of .710" To me, thats plenty with room to spare.
3. It was setup correctly. I know because I even followed the instruction guide JMM and RPD supply when you buy a cam from them. And how I'd setup every cam since. If its wrong, then your engineer can take it up JMM.
4. There are no upper spring seat spacers on these I6 engines. There is a thin steel shim on the seat base to protect the alloy seat from damage. But the upper side of the spring sits directly on the retainer. Not even the workshop manual lists this spacer... Go figure.

Kenay wrote:
sorry my head was stuck on it being a crow springs anyways as i said brendan hasnt seen or used the single springs that are currently fitted

I still find that quite strange since Brendan himself sold me a set of single springs, the same that you have fitted. They were put onto an XR6 that started cracking the original springs JMM springs that were installed, so a mate and I bought a new set and installed them ourselves.

But I am glad you have found cause to build a bridge and move on. :D

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:34 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Kenay wrote:

Your friend aye... 8-)

If I'm not f**k mistaken, thats your number. It's the one I have saved on my phone as your contact and its the one you've given to people many times on the forums to contact you, and the one listed as your contact number for your business. :lol:

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1993 Ford Fairlane

VIC, Australia

arm79 wrote:
Kenay wrote:

Your friend aye... 8-)

If I'm not f**k mistaken, thats your number. It's the one I have saved on my phone as your contact and its the one you've given to people many times on the forums to contact you, and the one listed as your contact number for your business. :lol:

lol

1993 NCII Fairlane
Mods to come:
V8 - SLs - exhaust - DC LTD leather - LTD grill and garnish - LTD wood grain - body colour trim - wheels - tinted windows

1991 NCI Fairlane
Mods to come:
4.0L - lows - exhaust - NCII seats - NCII door trims - LTD grill - body colour trim - wheels - window tint

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

arm79 wrote:
Kenay wrote:

Your friend aye... 8-)

Yes, correct. I listed my number because he doesn't want his given out on a public forum.

Sort by  
 Page 27 of 35  [ 512 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 35  Next