Fordmods Logo

KWIKXR's EF Fairmont Turbo 

Page 10 of 110 [ 1638 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 110  Next

Post subject: Re: My 1995 Ford Fairmont
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Cheers man, i reckon every e-series needs tinted tail lights after doing it, its subtle but makes it look heaps better 8-)

Hahaha damn right, im sick of the bloody spolier, its got some big a** scratches on it that wont polish out and makes the boot look s**t, trying to find a spolierless boot in the same colour so i can just swap them over and sell the one on the car, but its hard to get in this colour. Might just have to wait till i can afford a respray and get the holes welded, filled and sprayed :roll:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF11 Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

KWIKXR wrote:
Cheers man, i reckon every e-series needs tinted tail lights after doing it, its subtle but makes it look heaps better 8-)

Hahaha damn right, im sick of the bloody spolier, its got some big a** scratches on it that wont polish out and makes the boot look s**t, trying to find a spolierless boot in the same colour so i can just swap them over and sell the one on the car, but its hard to get in this colour. Might just have to wait till i can afford a respray and get the holes welded, filled and sprayed :roll:

yeah it makes them look soo much better.
im going to do another coat on mine :)
realllly need that spolier gone asap

It really is true you can sell anything....just look at holden, selling s**t with a badge on it.

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

That tint looks great, much more natural looking than niteshades.

Steering wheel looks great too.

I've done some more to my car too, check out my thread.

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Geoffy91 wrote:

copied me on the side repeaters ay :lol:

You're about 2 years late on that one... but I'm sure it was done prior to me!

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

SLO247 wrote:
That tint looks great, much more natural looking than niteshades.

Steering wheel looks great too.

I've done some more to my car too, check out my thread.

Cheers dude, yeah the steering wheel feels great, its not much of a change but it has a totally different feel to the original wheel even though it basically the same but in leather

I agree with ya on the tail lights looking more natural, the lense is a bit darker no doubt but it looks like it should be that way from factory IMO

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Hey. You copied my steering wheel and airbags... :lol:

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

fiend wrote:

LOL..

Funny you mentioned that, you know that XR6 wheel you bought from that guy on Trade Me, it was the same one i was almost about to buy but you snapped it up before me :lol: luckily this one showed up when i had the money, and it was the exact same guy again, good fella that one :lol: he's got a lot of XR stuff

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF11 Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

krisisdog wrote:
Geoffy91 wrote:

copied me on the side repeaters ay :lol:

You're about 2 years late on that one... but I'm sure it was done prior to me!

yeah...only said because he commented it on my car in my thread..lol

It really is true you can sell anything....just look at holden, selling s**t with a badge on it.

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

KWIKXR wrote:
fiend wrote:
LOL.. Funny you mentioned that, you know that XR6 wheel you bought from that guy on Trade Me, it was the same one i was almost about to buy but you snapped it up before me :lol: luckily this one showed up when i had the money, and it was the exact same guy again, good fella that one :lol: he's got a lot of XR stuff
Yeahp... And I've sold two Fairmont gray steering wheels to other people in NELSON, which is where we both got our $45 leather wheels from. Mine is an EL XR8 as it happens... No difference... But hey, you COPIED the back airbags *AND* even copied buying the wheel of the same guy AY?!

Yeah - It's a fair price for a wheel man. I sold my gray one for $26.66 including post (which was $16!!!) to Nelson, and one with airbags, cruise switches and everything to Nelson for $106.66 including post (which was $24). I just hate those guys who demand $140 for a bloody XR wheel. Like seriously - WTF?!!!

Anyways - I see you are going the whole woodgrain route on the Monties a***. You going to put a GHIA badge or two on while you're there?!
:wink:

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Dude, thats some good prices you got for the steering wheels, i was thinking about using my one as a frisbee lol, might be worth chucking on trade me for some poor bloke to pick up after all..

Regarding the Ghia badging, nah i dont think i'll go that route. I was actually thinking of debadging the car for a more smoother look. If i did go the badging route, id probably go with LTD badges seeing as the interior is on its way to LTD spec and if i ever get those 15" LTD chrome rims off that Mike fella on trade me. Might as well ask him for the tail lights and the garnish and stuff on the boot and do a LTD rear end conversion..

s**t that sounds like a pretty good idea now :lol: :lol:

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

KWIKXR wrote:
Dude, thats some good prices you got for the steering wheels, i was thinking about using my one as a frisbee lol, might be worth chucking on trade me for some poor bloke to pick up after all..

Regarding the Ghia badging, nah i dont think i'll go that route. I was actually thinking of debadging the car for a more smoother look. If i did go the badging route, id probably go with LTD badges seeing as the interior is on its way to LTD spec and if i ever get those 15" LTD chrome rims off that Mike fella on trade me. Might as well ask him for the tail lights and the garnish and stuff on the boot and do a LTD rear end conversion..

s**t that sounds like a pretty good idea now :lol: :lol:

Hey dude, if you hear from Mike let me know, he hasn't replied back to me in months and still has my 29 bucks lol. I paid him for a trans tunnel chop but never got it....which is un usual for him as he is quite reliable.

If you re badge it, get the BF badges, i'm chucking some BF LTD/V8 badges on mine. Have you thought about doing the split F A I R M O N T badging down the rear door??

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

XFWAGON wrote:
Hey dude, if you hear from Mike let me know, he hasn't replied back to me in months and still has my 29 bucks lol. I paid him for a trans tunnel chop but never got it....which is un usual for him as he is quite reliable.

If you re badge it, get the BF badges, i'm chucking some BF LTD/V8 badges on mine. Have you thought about doing the split F A I R M O N T badging down the rear door??

Cheers for the input XFWAGON , if i do re-badge it in LTD form i think i might take your advice with the BF stuff, it looks mint :mrgreen:. Have you decided where you are putting your LTD and V8 badging?

I have thought about doing the fairmont individual letter badging down the rear doors below the moulds but still deciding. I saw it on a maroon (cardinal red maybe?) boxcar a while ago on here, and it got me hooked, looked awesome with it and it was classy. Would have to get the car resprayed first though and put on some nice 18" deep dished rims or the 15" LTD chromies from Mike :lol: .

As for Mike, i'll have a look around and see if i can find his email and contact details and i'll shoot them through to you via PM. Your right though he usually is pretty reliable, and gets in contact with people pretty quickly so i dont know what's happened there. Last i heard from him was the week before last week when i received my LTD woodgrain items so he's still alive hahaha but yeah i'll look into and get back to you on that :wink:

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Bit of a small update with a few little bits and pieces I've added over the last week or so..

Received some more woodgrain LTD stuff, so got that all fitted and picked up a VU meter for cheap to fill the gap after putting in a double din stereo surround in with only a single din headunit. Will stay till i can afford a good double din headunit. Looks quite cool though to be honest 8-). Its got a volt meter which is pretty accurate, a temp meter for god knows what, and 2 VU meters that move to the beat, all in one funky little unit which can change colours (blue, red, green, purple, yellow etc) at the push of a button, way cool :lol:

Anyways, a few pics..

Also changed my interior lighting (footwells, courtesy lamps etc) back to normal bulbs, some of the LED ones kept crapping out for some reason after a few months, so stuff em :lol:

A few pics of the car now.. The Fairmont grill has gone back on for the time being..

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

The Cappa and LTD wood combination is sex. The Fairmont grille looks at least 2000X better too.

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Well nothing much new as of late.. I did however pick up quite a bargain this weekend. Got a 91aa head (EBII-ED) complete with valves and everything plus the cam for $35 :lol:

So that will be my project for now, have to take it sometime to get it cleaned and crack/pressure tested to make sure it will be all good to go. If all else fails i can always take it in to a scrap metal yard and get my money back hahaha.

Plans are to get it reconditioned sometime (have to save up for all this lol), as long as its all good so it will be getting..
- A head shave, probably around 20-25 thou off
- New valves springs, probably XR6 crow items, new stainless retainers and collets
- Valves seats cut
- 3 angle valve grind
- Probably new valve guides, will probably get the cylinder head man to taper them
- New valve stem seals
- A few water jackets re-welded

Plus i'll be having a crack at porting the head, fixing up the ports, working on the valve bowls and the combustion chamber a little and hopefully net a bit more flow while im at it.

Will get the cam sent off for a mild high lift short duration grind as well and all will go in at the end of year with an AU gasket this time round 8-)

A few pics of the 91aa head and stuff as of now, this is a before.. So far the head has not been touched other than a quick degrease and the half moons worked on to fit the AU rocker cover. The after shots will come as the headwork progresses..

Will take it to get cleaned up properly this week so i can start porting etc. The after shots will come as the headwork progresses..

Last edited by KWIKXR on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
 Page 10 of 110  [ 1638 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 110  Next