Fordmods Logo

KWIKXR's EF Fairmont Turbo 

Page 13 of 110 [ 1638 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 110  Next

Post subject: Re: My 1995 Ford Fairmont
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:50 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

fiend wrote:
And JOSH - That BLACK combo thing was forced down your throat by yours truly on MSN months and months ago. But hey, you just like your poo brown too much huh?!

You mentioned I should go completely black, if I remember correctly :lol:. I do like my cappa compared to everybody else that has gray.

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

fiend wrote:
Is that cam company in CHCH mate?

Nah mate, this one is over in Pukekohe, cheapest place ive found for regrinding and they are supposedly pretty good at what they do. They have a s**t of profiles they can grind, as they do a lot of stock car applications for those running the 4.0 falcon donks..

That other mob down in Chch would be Kelford cams, a bit too rich for my liking though, $250+ tax to regrind a cam was a bit steep i thought.

XR-Lane wrote:
fiend wrote:
And JOSH - That BLACK combo thing was forced down your throat by yours truly on MSN months and months ago. But hey, you just like your poo brown too much huh?!

You mentioned I should go completely black, if I remember correctly :lol:. I do like my cappa compared to everybody else that has gray.

Good to hear im not the only one who partially likes the cappa interior :lol:

I like the cappa colour too, just dont like the dark brown it comes with. Every dark brown part of the interior is turning black because of this haha cappa will stay but

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:05 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator

Ride: Ford Ed

SA, Australia

There's nothing wrong with cappa :)

And this is a real nice fairmont!!

Adelaide E Series

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Ford-sxr6 wrote:

Haha cheers buddy, yeah its getting there, slowly but surely :wink:

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:08 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator

Ride: Ford Ed

SA, Australia

KWIKXR wrote:
Ford-sxr6 wrote:

Haha cheers buddy, yeah its getting there, slowly but surely :wink:

Faster then mine.... :cry:

Adelaide E Series

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

This is probably the most awesome EF in NZ.

Fiend can't comment on that either, as he thinks his is an "AUT". Must be the water over there :P

I might have to make a visit soon, haven't been in years....

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

SLO247 wrote:
This is probably the most awesome EF in NZ.

Fiend can't comment on that either, as he thinks his is an "AUT". Must be the water over there :P

I might have to make a visit soon, haven't been in years....

Ahh cheers mate, it's slowly getting there lol, they have some mint looking EF's around in NZ but not many people take the mods too far with them.. Still have a fair few things to do to get it where i want it though :)

Lol i have to visit Oz again some day, havent been back since i left about 8 years ago..

Hows things going with your Fairmont mate? Still got a few mods lined up for her?

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

A wash tomorrow, lol.

Seriously though, I'm pretty happy with it atm. Looking at getting some FTR's maybe. Also got some of the later style Ghia badges the other day, and have new headlights coming.

Tomorrow arvo hoping to change the camber kits, front discs, thermostat and housing, a rad hose, coolant, and adjust the exhaust... Never ends....

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Lol theres always something needing to be done with these cars aye, like you said it never ends. Should look sweet on some FTR's though, even though those rims you have now are mint man, i want a set for my Fairmont in 17" but they're pretty hard to find

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

SLO247 wrote:
This is probably the most awesome EF in NZ. Fiend can't comment on that either, as he thinks his is an "AUT". Must be the water over there :P I might have to make a visit soon, haven't been in years....

http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=th3221

Can't argue with that mate. It is a freaken AUT. According to those in the know, higher up the food chain than I, it was a TAXI OPTION "EF" before the "EF" was commonly released. Go figure.

Maybe that is why my engine number is one hundred and eighty four or something? Or maybe that is totally wrong. Stuffed if I know to be honest.

The water over here is just fine. The guy who wears nothing but a blanket in the middle of town gets plenty of the stuff for free. And he's doing alright.

Besides which, there's no way on the planet I am claiming my car to be the best EF / EL series (or AUT for that matter) anywhere. It's not even worthy of being shown to people who aren't real enthusiasts. Real enthusiasts (like the stock car racer I met last night in Palmerston North to purchase an AU intake) look at everything and go "oohhh, ahhhh".... And get quite excited by it all... That isn't to say they'd own it, or even consider purchasing it, but it is saying that they admire the amount of effort and the absurdity of my taste.

If "clean" is your cuppa tea, then the black and the light poo brown is the one. Think old Joshie lane must have miss-understood my thinking. I say "I hate poo brown", "paint it black"... The brown on brown on brown doesn't do it in any car - not ever the Honda legend ( :wink: )

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Lol thats weird that AUT thing man, ive never ever seen it on any Falcon, Futura etc before but CarJam does not lie so it is what it is :lol:

Id have to say your EF (or AUT as they like to call it) wagon would have to be the most unique one ive seen Fiend, almost everything has been either replaced or custom made haha, bloody cool wagon man :wink:

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Fiend, your wagon will be also awesome once you paint the damn thing one colour :P Nah I reckon its sweet, just will be "finished" when its all one colour. I use the term finished lightly, because we all know nothing ever is...

AUT maybe is automatic? The taxi theory is interesting.

Its funny, they state the power as 148KW. Thats for an ED. Which was also built during 1994.

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

That's right. SLOBRO. It is quoted as being an ED everywhere, but it has BBM, EF head and rocker gear, EF body, door handles, brakes etc etc etc. And it was auto for the first 300,000k's of it's life too, yeuhp.

Anyways - Hope to meet you one day KWIKXR bro. Don't think I will be making it to the TRACKDAY on BATHURST SUNDAY after all. Issues with every bit of life at present. Hopefully will see you there and bring a few spare rear wheels for us to burn.

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:30 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EL

NSW, Australia

Kwik, love the interior, love the car.
:)
One question tho. with the dash, when doing where it meets the window, did you actually use avinyl dye or a vinyl paint and just mask off like crazy??
Thanks for the help.
CHeers,
CHad.
Again, very nice car

CHadaboX

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

I think that bit was removed mate --- You have to remove it to get at the little speakers (tweeters) that are put up there by Ford to bounce off the glass.

You can see he has put new tweeters in...

It is easy to take that bit of plastic out if you have a small enough Philips style screw driver (I used a pair of pliers to hold a removable tip from a multi-tool type one on an angle to get a decent purchase on a sticky screw just in case you're interested)
:)

The high pitched noises actually bounce quite well off glass so there is not a lot of point in directing the speaker cones at your ears.

A decent flat black plastic paint will adhere nicely and look the part. I used PLASTICOTE PLASTIC PAINT about a year and a half ago and it is still sweet.

Sort by  
 Page 13 of 110  [ 1638 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 110  Next