Fordmods Logo

KWIKXR's EF Fairmont Turbo 

Page 14 of 110 [ 1638 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 110  Next

Post subject: Re: My 1995 Ford Fairmont
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

fiend wrote:
Anyways - Hope to meet you one day KWIKXR bro. Don't think I will be making it to the TRACKDAY on BATHURST SUNDAY after all. Issues with every bit of life at present. Hopefully will see you there and bring a few spare rear wheels for us to burn.

Mate, i dont even know if i'll be there to be honest, i was kinda hoping to of sourced and LSD by that time, theres no way i'll be ripping one wheelers round the track :lol: :lol:

Was hoping id have a few more things done to the car before the day but looks like i'll be limited to the cam for now, headwork has been put off and everything due to lack of money, bugger, thought i had it all planned and what not but oh well, slowly but surely :roll:

chadabox wrote:
Kwik, love the interior, love the car.
:)
One question tho. with the dash, when doing where it meets the window, did you actually use avinyl dye or a vinyl paint and just mask off like crazy??
Thanks for the help.
CHeers,
CHad.
Again, very nice car

Cheers Chad, as fiend stated, yes i removed the cowl panel (under the windscreen) as to make the custom mounts for the tweeters, it had to be removed to make cut outs for the tweeters than get "plastic welded with a soldering iron lol" from underneath, sanded, filled, sanded again and painted etc. So that whole panel was done out of the car, the rest of the dash pad was done in the car, just masking up around the window, and where the dash surround goes.. All the dash components were removed first though, i.e. trip comp, climate control, dash surround, buttons, switches, vents etc.. prior to spraying. I used Septone Vinyl and Plastic dye, i usually use VHT Vinyl and Plastic but i ran out and couldnt find any more cans, besides it works just as good and has more in the can compared to VHT for around the same price. For all the plastic parts though i.e cowl panel, dash surround, trip compute and climate control faceplates etc i used Septone Plastic Adhesive Primer, just to give the paint a bit more sticking ability, works just as well without it but if you got it lying around, make use of it :)

Also as fiend said, that panel underneath the window is just held in by 2 screws, you'll need a real short stubby screwdriver to get to them, then pull it up slightly and towards you and it just clips out of place

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:34 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1995 nf fairlane

QLD, Australia

what paint did you use for the dash mate

1997 el fairmont, pedders superlows, 19" koya menis rims, manual...and more to come

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

matt_xr6 wrote:
what paint did you use for the dash mate
A mix of VHT Vinyl and Plastic paint/dye and Septone Vinyl and Plastic spray in satin black :wink:

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Todays effort.. Replaced my grey handbrake lever cover and black button for a cappa one witha chrome button, what a b**ch of a job., should just swapped the whole handbrake assembly :lol:

Also got cracking on the doortrims, the top part of the doortrim was removed and sprayed satin black and i fitted the cappa leather doorcards. I've had to put off getting LTD door trims for now, but these look just as sexy. Depending on how things go, i might get the LTD ones later on down the track and paint those up and swap em over. For now though the cloth seats match the cloth part of the doortrims so it kinda suits it better, rather than having the all leather type LTD door trims and cloth seats. The rest of the doors will get done tomorrow as i ran out of paint lol.

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Door trims all done, will get some better day time photos cause the flash f**k it all up but thats the interior done for now :D

Will hopefully receive my cam in the mail this week so i can get it fitted sometime this week/weekend, would of had it in already if it showed up on Friday like it was supposed too :roll:

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:13 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EA falcon

QLD, Australia

Hey, I like your gauges under the head deck. And how well does the paint you use stick?

Thanks

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Haha cheers Ralf, the gauges arent too bad aye, thought they were a bit ricey at first but they do look okay, they cover up the gap and suit the black/chrome highlights well :D

The paint seems to stick very well, a lot better than i expected, so far no scratches so im happy. Just have to wait and see how long it takes before some careless C*** wrecks it :lol:

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU Falcon

VIC, Australia

Nice car mate! I like the job you have done in your engine bay, looks a treat.

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Thanks man, yeah its getting there :D

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:46 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Hey ithe black is coming along well mate. how long till you get the painting finnished?

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Cheers Josh, that will be it for now mate, i was thinking "what the hell, spray everything black" but i think i'll leave it how it is for now, still trying to figure out what to do with the carpeted part of the map pockets though but it'll stay like this for the time being. Have only really got the rear vent to spray black as its still that dark brown colour but will get round to it sometime this week, otherwise im done with the painting, bloody fumes have gone to my head :lol:

Actually looks a lot better in person, the cappa goes quite well with a dark colour, even though it is just a bit of paint and 4 leather door cards, it changes the interior completely and gives it a bit more of a sporty feel. Just have to start saving up for some nice looking front seats now if i can find a set and then get the rear one retrimmed to match

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

6 x 9's in front doors mateys! Comon, I promise you - they're cool.

I've left the door pockets original too KWIKXR. Always climbing out on hills means putting your boot on the door and the drivers door is getting a hiding. Would just not be worth while to put effort into that area... Even my carpet is starting to fall off the plastic door pocket it's been getting a work out... I did bring the black down to the level of the pocket, but that wouldn't work with your current styling (which is nice by the way.. Clean.)

Have I missed the "custom install Fairmont badge in passenger footwell" thread?!

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Fiend those "badges" are stitched into the floor mats.

I reckon a very dark grey would look great in place of the black, and look more factory too. The black looks great though. Much better than the brown. You obviously had the same tastes as me, I like the cream colour but hate the brown...

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Oh --- I've had quite a few Fairmonts pass through my hands in one state or another and I've not seen any Fairmont badges in the carpet. Ho hum.

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

FLOOR MATS Fiend. Not the cars carpet. Mats, rectangular cuts of carpet, placed over the floor carpet to protect it from dirt, mud, food, drink, excrement, bodily fluids, or any other s**t you spill. :P

He got some custom ones made up, I think they are in the beginning of the thread.

Sort by  
 Page 14 of 110  [ 1638 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 110  Next