Fordmods Logo

KWIKXR's EF Fairmont Turbo 

Page 18 of 110 [ 1638 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 110  Next

Post subject: Re: KWIKXR's 1995 Ford Fairmont
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Good work. I can't wait to see what the concordes look like.

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

XR-Lane wrote:
Nice job with the boot lid mate. should do the job till you find a replacement.

Rims have come up good, a new coat of paint will bring em up like new. I would paint em in the gold tint but thats just me, it may not suit the colour of your car.

Something to think about anyway :lol:

haha yeah it should do for now, it isnt too bad i guess just needs a very good cut and polish to kinda get it to match a bit better.

Glad you mentioned that about the gold mate, i was thinking of it to be honest after seeing a picture of a ford poster with a dark colour fairlane concorde with gold rims on it. After going through a few options i think it may be a bit too bright for what i want. A lighter shade of gold like the champagne colour seen on EL GT rims would look good though, and if i could find proper wheel paint in that colour i would go for it, would contrast well with dark green i think.

Mar55s wrote:
Well done on both counts.. i reckon keep the silver for the wheels personally.... :mrgreen:

Cheers buddy, i agree, im leaning towards leaving them silver at this stage, the silver it currently is, is a really nice colour, almost seems as though there is a faint pearl in it when you look at it in different angles. Not sure whether to just touch them up for now or respray them completely in a fresh coat of silver. Still cant help but think of what these would look like polished up though 8-)

SLO247 wrote:
Good work. I can't wait to see what the concordes look like.

Thanks Slo, i cant wait either, did a trial fit on the weekend (without the tyres) and im pretty stocked with how it looks, heaps different than the ROH's and makes it look pimp-ish :lol:

Well im off to repco, i need some brake cleaner to clean the inside of these wheels, clean my rear shocks and springs, and see what colour wheel paint they have available for me to use on the rims

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Never guess what I saw at a council flat complex near me in the weekend...

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Now theres 2 sets of Concordes that i know of in NZ, lol good spotting fiend. Any clue on if it was a genuine concorde??

Hell, look at the front ride height on that thing!! That thing requires major league dumpage :lol:

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:04 am 
Fordmods Junkie

LOL, your not wrong about that. Looks like the self leveling suspension in the rear has stuffed up.

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

It is parked on a hill and the rear right is on a speed bump, the rear left is in the gutter... The ride height is therefore a mystery and not related to this picture in the slightest
:)

They look like genuine wheels to me mate! I still have a set of four of the original EF monty mags laying around, wonder if they'll want to swap with a bit of cash? They are living in a council flat - you never know...
:D

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

fiend wrote:
It is parked on a hill and the rear right is on a speed bump, the rear left is in the gutter... The ride height is therefore a mystery and not related to this picture in the slightest
:)

Ahh, that would explain the weird height then. So the body would probably be sitting quite level then if the rear is partly parked up on a speed bump. I get it now, thanks for clearing that one up :wink:

fiend wrote:
They look like genuine wheels to me mate! I still have a set of four of the original EF monty mags laying around, wonder if they'll want to swap with a bit of cash? They are living in a council flat - you never know...

The wheels would be genuine concordes for sure, but the fairlane itself, any way of telling if its a true Fairlane Concorde? Reason i ask is because the guy who sold me the concordes said they came off a normal fairlane, it didnt have any of the other Concorde extras, only had the concorde rims. Since that fairlane had all 5 rims, im guessing it may have come that way from factory, so i wonder if Ford NZ optioned the Concorde rims on normal Fairlanes.

Definately see if you can make a swap even with a bit of cash thrown in, who knows you might be able to flog them off for a nice amount to another ford enthusiast and make a bit of profit out of it, they are pretty rare rims.

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Not sure how you tell the difference between a Fairlane Ghia and a "Concorde!"

Uhm, it was a Government car and taxi until 2007 when it gave up getting CERT's and started getting WARRANTS and got a new plate in May 2007 according to http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=dyt221

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

Hey KWIK, love the work you're doing to your Fairmont. You have given me an idea for my throttle body now, cheers :) Great interior work too mate, it was the look that I was after about May this year, but I cannot live that dream anymore.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

Just another thing also, it's no wonder that the 6cyl goes so well. Just look at the factory chambers and bowls on the alloy heads. If only Ford shared the same passion for the Windsor outside the USA.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Thanks for the kind words banarcus :wink:

Yeah these alloy heads arent too bad in stock form, the chambers only need a bit of work, a little de-shrouding of the valves and a bit of blending in the bowls and they flow pretty well. Lol, which reminds me i should start getting back to work on this bloody head im working on, just have to find a decent die grinder with a longer shaft to really get into the ports

Cheers

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

A 'Concorde' actually has the word 'Concorde' on the car. Other differences include the GT type steering wheel, Black ruffled leather inserts on the door cards and seats, as well as all the usual Fairlane/LTD goodies.

I have seen 4.0l and 5.0l variants.

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Cool. Will do another drive by just to check the ruffled door inserts!!!!
Oooohhhh, I'd sell me teeth for a set of them..!

[[[[[[[[update]]]]]]]]
Nope, it is a Fairlane with a Ghia badge, cappa leather and chrome. Ah well.

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Well had a s**t start to the day today, woke up early to remove the rear springs and shocks, just to clean them up a bit and see if the rear pedders sports ryder were short stroke units or not seeing as i may be moving to superlows soon. To my suprise i found the drivers rear one is completely dead. Driving feels exactly the same so it would of been pretty hard to pick up on had i not removed them, may explain why the drivers rear sat a bit lower than other side :roll:

All i know is when i compress the shock, it doesnt even try to release, the rod just stays stuck inside the shock body so i guess i'll be in for a new set of rears and who knows maybe the fronts too since they have been fitted from the first owner god knows how long ago. Springs are a bit shagged to, paint peeling off them etc so may as well start saving for a suspension re-do. Good thing its not a hard job, but it has put me off getting the concordes and tyres fitted up this weekend. f**k :x

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Just how much return do you want from your shock? Shocks work both ways don't they - IE, they dampen the compression process and the spring back process? If your shock is f**k it would move in and out too freely (or no moving at all.....)???Remember the springs on the back of sedans are marked LEFT and RIGHT... The fuel tank and some other things mean that there is more weight on one side that they try to compensate for or something...

Sort by  
 Page 18 of 110  [ 1638 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 110  Next