Fordmods Logo

KWIKXR's EF Fairmont Turbo 

Page 31 of 110 [ 1638 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 110  Next

Post subject: Re: KWIKXR's 1995 Ford Fairmont
Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

username is partsco $40 for delivery so still a good $100 cheaper

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Jeez that is quite cheap then, i'll keep them in mind for any stuff i may need later on for other cars. Looks like they may also do Pacemaker extractors a fair bit cheaper than Rage too, would love a set of 4480's for my Mont :lol:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:57 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 1995 EF Ford Fairmont

QLD, Australia

when did you paint the interior? i must have missed it lol

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

facer01 wrote:
when did you paint the interior? i must have missed it lol

Ha, ages ago man :lol

Only just sprayed the top half of the dash and door trims black plus a few other little bits and bobs but thats about it

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

what paint did you use for the dash?

ive sprayed the stereo/cluster surround with plastic primer & automotive paint, but im afraid of spraying the rest because its vinyl. Problem is, i want the dash cappa colour, and the VHT vinyl paints are limited in choice

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

FordFairmont wrote:
what paint did you use for the dash?

ive sprayed the stereo/cluster surround with plastic primer & automotive paint, but im afraid of spraying the rest because its vinyl. Problem is, i want the dash cappa colour, and the VHT vinyl paints are limited in choice

I used the Septone vinyl and plastic spray in satin black for the dash, cluster surround, all the faceplates and button surrounds etc and door trims tops. For the dash, i used no primer at all, just rubbed it all over a few times with methylated spirits till the armour-all on the dash pad was gone and the dash looked faded. Let it dry well, then started spraying away with the satin black. All the plastics got the plastic primer treatment first.

When i saw what you did with yours with the cappa paint i was sooo tempted to do the same, it looked s**t hot :wink:. Then i saw this LTD on Pertheseries which had the dash sprayed black along with the top of the door trims and i was hooked mainly because i had just sprayed my airbag black to match the XR wheel which i had on at the time lol. I have always wondered what a full cappa dash would look like - maybe one of your famous photochop's are in order? :P

Like you said though, plastic and vinyl paints are very very limited in colour from the likes of Repco and Supercheap, so a cappa colour in the VHT or Septone range would probably be non-existant. Black is the only appealing "off the shelf" colour i've come across. I think there is more choice in just black than all the different colours that i've seen at Supercheap, theres gloss black, matte black and satin black :lol:.

IIRC you had the cappa colour mixed up correct? Is there any way they can mix a paint to suit vinyl? I have to get a cappa colour paint mixed up for my arm rests on the door trims, they look so s**t when the fade and change colour :x

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

dont get me wrong, i like your black/woodgrain interior, actually would love a full black leather interior like in the AU Ghia's, but im stuck with the cappa seats, so want to have the cappa theme all the way

heres the photochop, probably 20 different shades of cappa there, but you get the idea :) , could also redo the steering wheel and shifter in cappa leather but that certainly wouldnt be cheap. I will look into some custom vinyl paint though like you suggested......

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

I wish e-series would have come out of the factory in full black interior, it does look very nice in black. I came very close to going "all black" in the interior when i first done the dash, but i was just a bit worried about scuffs getting on the lower door trims and all that so i settled for the black/cappa combo which works well i reckon.

I must say that after seeing that photochop, full cappa actually does look pretty darn good too. The woodgrain highlights, especially the woodgrain dials suit it to a tee and it breaks up all the cappa nicely. Come on mate, do it :P

You're not wrong about it being expensive to get the steering wheel and shifter re-trimmed, i spoke to a number of re-trimmers about re-trimming the shifter only to hear them say it's more trouble than it's worth, unless i had money to burn on such small items. That was enough to put me off getting my leather shifter with chrome button re-trimmed in black perforated leather, right before the bloody chrome button snapped. So i grabbed out the old stocko Fairmont shifter and sprayed the C*** satin black too :mrgreen:

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

My AU XR6 has black interior and it sure shows up stains. :( I am going to have to get a leather Auto Shifter handle for the beast, I can't understand why Ford put on a Leather steering wheel but didn't put a leather handle? weirdos. :D

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Papa Smurf wrote:
My AU XR6 has black interior and it sure shows up stains. :( I am going to have to get a leather Auto Shifter handle for the beast, I can't understand why Ford put on a Leather steering wheel but didn't put a leather handle? weirdos. :D

I've often wondered about that too, especially in an XR6 when there is no other perforated leather apart from the steering wheel, you'd think they would at least trim the shifter and handbrake cover to match :roll:. Weirdo's alright :lol:

ashcook wrote:
Your not wrong there. The black looks great but any dust stands right out. I got in with sawdust on me and both sides of my seat are now red :shock:

LOL, was this in the AU Ash? Yeah man dust stands out big time on the black dash now, luckily it only needs a quick wipe over with a microfibre cloth and its all gone, but then it goes back to how it was a few days later :x

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

FordFairmont wrote:
dont get me wrong, i like your black/woodgrain interior, actually would love a full black leather interior like in the AU Ghia's, but im stuck with the cappa seats, so want to have the cappa theme all the way

heres the photochop, probably 20 different shades of cappa there, but you get the idea :) , could also redo the steering wheel and shifter in cappa leather but that certainly wouldnt be cheap. I will look into some custom vinyl paint though like you suggested......

That looks great, need the wheel and shifter to match though like you mentioned. Or maybe black ones would work...Anyway, looks much better than the brown! Quite classy actually, reminds me of the Euro cars....

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

FORDFAIRMONT IS BACK!

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:30 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 1995 EF Ford Fairmont

QLD, Australia

ahh i see ive thought about painting my dash black but then figured that the grey wouldnt mix very well with the black.

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Grey and Black go great together!!!

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

hey mate just thought i'd tell ya that, that fella on trademe actually has a site and its even cheaper
rage pacemakers etc http://www.partsco.com/ i'm ordering the rage system

Sort by  
 Page 31 of 110  [ 1638 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 110  Next