Fordmods Logo

KWIKXR's EF Fairmont Turbo 

Page 32 of 110 [ 1638 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 110  Next

Post subject: Re: KWIKXR's 1995 Ford Fairmont
Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Troy wrote:
hey mate just thought i'd tell ya that, that fella on trademe actually has a site and its even cheaper
rage pacemakers etc http://www.partsco.com/ i'm ordering the rage system

Nice find buddy, they do sell stuff quite cheap aye. I think i may get my Pacemaker 4480's through them if i ever decide to switch over to those later on. They also sell rims too which i didnt know, as well as brakes and all that. Lol they even sell the Coby exhaust systems on there

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Okay here's what i've been up to lately..

Have started doing a bit of work on Dad's XR.. Have started by freshening up the engine bay a bit and respraying the old paint chipped tickford rocker cover

Rocker cover resprayed using Septone engine enamel in Bright Red..

The end result, obviously not the same colour as the original but we think it looks better as its almost a perfect match to the body colour :mrgreen:

Next he wants to wrap the extractors as he has the same chrome coated ones as me so heat is a bit of an issue at the moment - makes it worse with the stocko EF intake which passes over the rocker cover and sits right above the extractors. Might also have a tinker with the intake, possibly fit my old BA one and look for a EL tickford rocker cover badge to give it that factory tickford look

As for my Mont, have had a few small things arrive in the post today which will make their way onto the car very soon. Unfortunately i'm completely broke now, so things will be kept quiet with the Mont for a while after this. In the new year i'll hopefully get myself a larger trans cooler and fit that up to try and keep the temps down a bit during the warm summer..

New BA/BF "Fairmont" boot badge to replace the old EF styled one on the beaver panel..

Set of rear slotted rotors to replace my rooted items at present.. Will get the hubs sprayed matte black before they go on, hope Dad has a spare set of rear pads in the garage of else these won't go on for a while :lol:

And to cap it all off, a couple quick snaps of the two 6's together 8-)

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Obviously tidiness and attention to detail is passed from Father to Son? :D

Nice job on the Tappet Cover and I agree with the colour, better than the Original which is why I want to do my crappy Red one BLACK like you did yours. :D

The one thing I am thinking of doing with mine is to make the stripes in the rocker cover gold. :)

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Papa Smurf wrote:
Obviously tidiness and attention to detail is passed from Father to Son? :D

Definitely mate, as well as mechanical aptitude. He's a mechanic, actually used to work for Ford (Jubilee Ford in Five Dock) over in Sydney for a long time when we were living there a while back, so i've picked up 95% of what i know from him and with him being a Ford man, that''s been passed down too :mrgreen:

Mate, i think a black AU rocker with gold stripes would look awesome under the bonnet of Lucifa, look forward to seeing how you get on with it :wink:

Cheers

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well, ask your Dad if he knows a guy named Peter Russell, he used to work at the same place and now works for us. :)

Even though your Dad is a Mechanic, you still have to do the work so the kudos go to you as well for work well done.
When I do the Rocker cover for Lucifa, you will be the first to see. :D

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

oops

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Troy wrote:
oops

LOL all good :lol:

Okay got round to fitting the later style Fairmont badge on the rear this morning..

Before:

After:

And thats all for now :lol:

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The BA one looks good :D

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

I like it... Just a quick note --- You can buy this lettering for as little as $2 a letter - Chromed up plastic letters with a good amount of sticky stuff on the back... Check out the likes of sign shops or even the local Chinese import shops (like even the TWO DOLLAR SHOP had some)

The reason why I say this is that the lettering is not joined and you could therefore space it out however you liked.... I bought the letters to do FUTURLANE as a temporary measure in between "FUTURA" and the custom backlit stainless effort the car now sports.

??????
Obviously your skills at filling holes in the bonnet and your green touch up paint would come in handy for this....

Anyways matey, looks good, although I really like the old Fairmont script font!!! Ah well..... When I get let loose near a water jet cutting machine on my diploma course there will be a chance for all sorts of nice looking stainless and metal signs.............

Just hope they don't keep me doing theory and drawing with a bic pen for years on end first.
:D

OOPS - Bugger me, I forgot to change the signs reflection in the bumper... Damn... It is now 8:27 according to my computer... Here we go....
Damn. That took a while - I stuffed up and had to redo it a few times (flattened some layers without saving a different layer with background....) Ah well... My computer now tells me it is 8:32. Get a life Fiend.

Right - Get back on topic...
:roll:

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

That looks pretty classy actually.

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:11 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Fairmont EF 5L V8

QLD, Australia

BROOOOO i just read ur build up and all i can say is WOW, wat an inspiration, im in love with ur interior, and well everything you have done, well done brother!!!

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Papa Smurf wrote:
The BA one looks good :D

Thanks buddy, i think so too :mrgreen:

fiend wrote:
I like it... Just a quick note --- You can buy this lettering for as little as $2 a letter - Chromed up plastic letters with a good amount of sticky stuff on the back... Check out the likes of sign shops or even the local Chinese import shops (like even the TWO DOLLAR SHOP had some)

Yeah mate, i tried those $2 versions earlier for the lower part of the rear doors, but the lettering is just too big for my liking and couldn't find anything in the size and styled font i liked. Now that you mention it though, i probably could of had something knocked up by a sign writer but it never crossed my mind at all. May give them a go next time so thanks for the suggestion.

Big thanks for th photochops too, i think it actually looks a lot better with the lettering spaced out a bit like you have done, makes it look much more classier. Will wait till i can afford to get the whole car resprayed so those holes can be patched up properly, my cheapo job will probably ruin things even more :lol:

SLO247 wrote:
That looks pretty classy actually.

+1 :mrgreen:

V8FAIRMONT wrote:
BROOOOO i just read ur build up and all i can say is WOW, wat an inspiration, im in love with ur interior, and well everything you have done, well done brother!!!

Thanks mate, i appreciate the kind words :wink:

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Got a little bit of work done today..

Got the rotors painted up so they are ready to go on as soon as i get a set of pads

Also spent most of the day reading over various web pages all about porting which got me in the mood to get a little bit more work done on the head in the garage..

So as of right now, both the intake and exhaust ports leading up to the guide bosses have been smoothed and shaped all ready to be finished i.e exhaust ports polished and intake ports roughed up a bit.. Exhaust ports have pretty much been kept the same, just smoothed right down. The intake ports have been gasket matched and have been tapered in slightly from the entry. Have to take the head in sometime soon to get the guides removed, the buggers are in the way so i can't attack the bosses just yet.

Pics came out a bit s**t, the flash makes everything look polished..

All that's left now is to: grind down and reshape the bosses a bit, blend the seats into the bowls and do a bit of work shaping/smoothing the short turns - should be fun :lol:

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Never tire of looking at your Mods, what else are you doing to the head?

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Papa Smurf wrote:

Thanks buddy!!

Apart from the port work that im doing, the head will go in to the cylinder head shop for machining.

- Shaved 15-20thou
- Oversize valves fitted, 41mm ex valves and possibly 48mm intake valves depending on cost and availability
- Obviously new guides fitted, will get a taper put on them and maybe shorten them down a bit to increase cross sectional flow inside the ports a little bit more
- Uprated springs, new retainers and collets
- Might get the head flow tested, only thing putting me off that is it will cost $100 just to get the head flow tested as only one place i know in my area has a flow bench :roll:

It actually may help to source a slightly more aggressive cam to go along with it too, been seriously considering the 977b from Wade.

This all depends on the amount i have to spend at the time, will cost me a fair few hundred no doubt, so it's gonna be a while before all this happens :lol:

ashcook wrote:
Papa Smurf wrote:

I'm hoping to hear that this is just a practice for the 351 thats going to go in instead :shock: :lol: :lol:

LOL. We'll see about that :lol:. To be honest, i really do not know how those heads breath at all, the ports are stupidly small, will definately benefit from a bit of opening up on the exhaust side and a bit of port matching on the intake side.

While we're on the topic of that 351, that has come to a halt. We pulled the valves out a few weeks back and were shocked to find the condition of the valves and guides, rusted like f**k, hell we had to hammer the valves out of the head and some of them were still very hard to come out. A couple of the valves were basically rusting away, literally, the rust was eating through the valves where the sat inside the guides :shock:

So technically as the motor is not currently ours (yet) we are not going to be spending any of our own money on it in order for it to be put together. Dad rang the guy who owns the motor and told him to come and pick up the heads and take them in for machining. He picked them up last night and said he'll get them acid tanked at work and go from there :roll:. He doesn't have a car for the motor to go in and said all he wanted to do was get someone to build so he can hear it running so fingers crossed the guy will give us the damn motor when it's finished or even sell it to us for a good price.

So right now the heads need new valves, new guides and new springs and retainers, collets etc to be safe. For now, it just sits in the garage in a billion pieces :lol:

Last edited by KWIKXR on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
 Page 32 of 110  [ 1638 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 110  Next