Fordmods Logo

"LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears 

Page 10 of 42 [ 618 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 42  Next

Post subject: Re: XFWAGON's "LTD-XTC" Build thread
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

And I completely removed the EB handbrake setup over the weekend, and installed the EL stuff.

Are you referring to the pivot point? Where the cable then cross the car through the engine mount to the left hand side? The adjuster is on the right hand side.

I hate it all as it is a crap arrangement.

Just leave it in gear. LOL

That is what I have been doing for months.

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

BenJ wrote:
And I completely removed the EB handbrake setup over the weekend, and installed the EL stuff.

Are you referring to the pivot point? Where the cable then cross the car through the engine mount to the left hand side? The adjuster is on the right hand side.

I hate it all as it is a crap arrangement.

Just leave it in gear. LOL

That is what I have been doing for months.

BenJ

the whole thing lol, where does that bracket connect to? I have the wire that crosses from right side, under gearbox to the left side, but how does the other one connect up? the long threaded rod with the nut and the bracket, plus the wire with the little metal cover thing.

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Last edited by XFWAGON on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

BenJ wrote:
And I ..... I hate it all as it is a crap arrangement. Just leave it in gear. LOL. That is what I have been doing for months.
Image In the land of the Long Dust Cloud you don't have real hills do you Benj?! Are you aware Dunedin has the steepest street in the world? Wellington may not have the steepest street in the world, but it has the least amount of flat streets in the world (!)

I leave mine in gear and find it moving jerkily down the road 10 seconds later..... Sucked.

BenJ

XFWAGON wrote:
Lol BenJ, if you saw Dunedin (where i live) you would re think about leaving it in gear lol, Dunedin has more mega hills, hills, slight hills and inclines than flat surfaces. About the only place to park that is flat, is in a parking building or main street lol
Image Oh, that's kind of what I said. Bugger me for not reading your reply first Duno's brother.

Brings me to a nice point tho - Years back driving the old V8 Range Rover to collect snow (I had a thing for making the first snowman / woman in Queenstown each year, don't ask why...) I left it with the handbrake on and in gear with 4WD engaged. I threw a few shovel loads of snow onto the tarpulin on the back and was bloody amazed to see the heavy car start off down the road all by itself. It took some rescuing as it was gaining speed with all four wheels locked. What was happening was the water on the tyres would freeze and then the wheels would turn into ice skates in reverse. Soon as I jumped in, released brake and applied foot brake it stopped again. I left motor running and used handbrake only after that and had to catch the car another four or five times before it got dark, cold and I got fed up with worrying about where the heavy old British V8 would end up next... At least with the handbrake on only the front wheels would still turn and have some sort of steering... With all four locked you go mighty sideways, mighty quick smart.

Bloody cold South Island. You're better of without it.

Just how far away is this car of yours from cruising the Octagon picking up resplendently presented ho's?

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

OK

Hopefully this will help.

Pics are taken as if standing at the front of the car looking down to the brake cables.

Whole thing.

Left cable crosses through the trans crossmember and connects to pivot cable.

Pivot and adjustment.

The pivot lever goes 'THROUGH' the chassis, and has a 'pivot pin' that drops down through a hole on a bracket on the inside edge of the chassis. The park of the pivot that comes through the chassis and is now on the outside edge connect to the handbrake handle cable. The pic also shows where the adjustment bracket is situated.

Hope that helps, best I can do.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Cheers BenJ, that helps heaps. thanks! Hopefully be finishing her off tomorrow, WOF check next week.

Fiend, hopefully be cruising the Octagon next week lol. Although i see the cops are soon to get a new law that can stop cars from doing laps in the inner city.....

Somehow i could see you doing the laps down here in the Futurlane and doing drifts around the octagon lol.......

As For Benzea, try and talk him out of that grenade he wants me to look at lol, waste of money. the NU Fairlane would be money better spent IMO

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Yeahp. I've tried warning him about that Soobie grenade and now he is looking at the Lancaster (Grande Wagon) or something. 2.5L of boxer six that might just make it up a hill on a good day. At least with the amount of power it (doesn't) have it won't smoke up all four wheels on the ice. Grin.

I'm not that big on "doing laps" mate. I go one way only. And this isn't due to the car having different colours on each side at all.
:oops:

Drifting around the Octagon sounds do-able however........

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Last edited by XFWAGON on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Yeah. The gearboxes do tend to go crunch a bit in those 90 edition Scoobie Doobies.

(Hey, was Scoobie Doobie Doo a stoner or something... I can feel something hitting me on the noggin - Yeahp, that's it - The penny is dropping)

(And SCRAPPY DOO was the total lost twin brother of my old Pit Bull, Boni......)

:arrow: Stay on topic Fiend

You should have seen ChCh a few years back man. Don't know what it's like now, but what a bloody joke it was. The whole street was cars and people actually had time to discuss the merits of the renaissance movement in detail with cars going in the opposite direction. Apart from they wouldn't.

A) None were old enough to know what art is.
B) None looked clever enough to spell their own name correctly.
C) They were all too cool to look at each other.
D) You try TEXT SPEAKING "renaissance" quickly.

I honestly could walk the whole street (about 2km long) buy a Burger, eat the burger and walk back towards home and see the same bright green civic scraping its body kit down the road just two or three blocks from where I passed it on foot twenty minutes ago.

Anyways, seems like Chch has it's car problems. Not the least of which being that all the sons and daughter of redneck bogans are growing up, buying ricers and getting STD's whilst s**t faced in the back of some rotary whilst scaring wildlife and driving through party goers, killing them.

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:52 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB

New Zealand

I'm sure I've had the penny drop about scoobie doobie before but it's done it again, good old alzheimers...

Ok I get it, soobies suck, lol, it seems I can't get a straight cat with a straight one yet!

Your cars gonna be one the road!! Finaly!!!!!!!!!! :D

1989 EA Falcon column shift - SOLD
1990 EAII, BBM, EL ECU, T5, LSD - SOLD
1993 EBII Fairmont Ghia V8 - SOLD
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Huge thanks to BenJ, TROYMAN, fiend and XR-Lane. The E-series knowledge/motivation pool.

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

CHCH's hoons look worse than Dunners, and our hoons seem to be totally screwed. I dunno where they get the money from, as you always see them doing the laps during the day. No jobs?!

Yeap, hopefully it stays sunny long enough to get 'er going. All thats left to do is hook up the handbrake, stick in the dizzy and time it. I really wish i had a garage, then this could have been done in a matter of weeks, not a year lol. Bloody hard working on it when it's pissing down, -5 degrees and snowing 6 days a week. Dunedin gets all four seasons in one day.

Last edited by XFWAGON on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:39 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

Lol yeah not like these barstards in oz working in their car ports or on the drive all hours in the sunny hot weather. Carefull that car cover doesn't f**k with your paint...

2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Huge thanks to BenJ, TROYMAN, fiend and XR-Lane. The E-series knowledge/motivation pool.

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Yeah they get it easy, waking up everyday knowing it's going to be fine to work on your car.

Last edited by XFWAGON on Sat May 21, 2011 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:59 pm 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Potentialy nothing, on my cousin old HT (60 something) it rubbed it down. Your Lanes probably fine... Just look for any chaffing etc...

2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

NZEA wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Potentialy nothing, on my cousin old HT (60 something) it rubbed it down. Your Lanes probably fine... Just look for any chaffing etc...

Yeah i took the cover fully off today, there are a few marks from it rubbing but ah too bad.

Sucks, went to time the engine and the battery is stuffed. Off to BNT for a new one. Bought one but didn't have the holes for the Falcon terminals, go back, extra $20 to buy one with holes, wtf? More money, less battery. Could have drilled them myself but then it voids the warranty. New one should be here this avo, once thats in, were away!!

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:44 am 
Tyre Shredder

New Zealand

:lol: f**k

2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Sort by  
 Page 10 of 42  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 42  Next