Fordmods Logo

"LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears 

Page 12 of 42 [ 618 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 42  Next

Post subject: Re: XFWAGON's "LTD-XTC" Build thread- more issues
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

TROYMAN wrote:
far out!!!
now thats a big noise.. its more like a clunk,clunk,clunk than a rattle..
does it still make the noise if you shift through the other gears with your foot on the clutch..
or only in neutral ???

Yeah lol, it's even worse in person. It makes it ALL the time, except when pushing it hard in 1st. the more you let it out of first the louder it gets, then when you put it back in neutral its the usual clunk clunk etc etc. Man this sucks, i paid this tool 1800 aussie bucks for this, an EB GT ECU and a billet flywheel, flywheel never turned up, ECU looks tatty but started the car so thats a bonus and now the box is f**k = me p****d. I just bought an 80 page T5 service manual to help me, as obviously i'm going to need to fix it. Cheers for your help Troyman, keep the info comin'!! 8-)

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:16 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB

New Zealand

f**k man that sucks, my thoughts are with you friend :(

Get chopper f**k reid onto that mother f**k.

1989 EA Falcon column shift - SOLD
1990 EAII, BBM, EL ECU, T5, LSD - SOLD
1993 EBII Fairmont Ghia V8 - SOLD
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia 6C

Huge thanks to BenJ, TROYMAN, fiend and XR-Lane. The E-series knowledge/motivation pool.

Posted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

I've had a memory flash **doesn't happen often** When the box first landed from Aussie, it had a snapped shifter bushing inside the shifter housing (the plastic seat the shift stick sits in) almost like it had a bad knock on the transport flight over here...it is quite hard to select 4th and R, so i'm wondering if the knock also pushed the shifter rail too hard and broke off a selector fork? Maybe it fell down and is hitting against the gears and is what is making the noise? Hopefully that is all it is, i will know as soon as i pull it back out for the third time lol and take the inspection cover off. Just bought an 81 page Tremec T5 service manual to help me. if anyone wants it, PM me it's 4mb.

Hell yeah Ben, i need to get ol' Chopper to sort him, "yeah gidday, chopper reid here, yeah yeah gearbox **WHAM in the face**"

Have also just emailed Mal Wood, so will see what they have to say. Oh well, at least T5 parts are cheap i suppose. And to get the box out it's only a matter of undoing four bolts at the housing, and the 2 at the cross member.

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Well i pulled the box apart today....Epic disappointment. Totally stuffed. I got sold a complete lemon, i wish this guy was in NZ so i could hunt him down and force feed him the sharp parts from this box piece by piece.

Anyway, pics tell the story really. Looks like it's yet another bank loan to either pay for a new box or recon this one.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: XFWAGON's "LTD-XTC" Build thread- f**k Angry!
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:55 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

thats really bad..
the person cant say that it was good before he sent it.
thats a big failure!
all you can do is hassle the f**k out of the guy, name and shame him until you get some kind of satisfaction..
even try calling ultra tune narellan and ask for the name you have??

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Na i will prob' never hear a thing. I emailed his work, nothing, so they either don't want anything to do with it or he is the manager or something. All the emails i got from him were from the Ultratune email.

Man i was absolutely gutted when i took the cover off, didnt help that i had just spent $60 on new oil too, i salvaged most of it.

I don't get how some people can knowingly do this to others. What a s**t head. Not much to say really apart from the fact that the car is prob' not going to be going anytime soon. I only work 2 days a week, the rest i'm at Uni so it's bloody hard to pay for stuff. Especially with outstanding loans to pay.

Oh well, not much i can do about it. Even if i did get hold of the guy, it's not like he is going to say "yeah sorry mate, heres 500 bucks back to fix it" he would just tell me to get f**k or hang up the phone.

Any one live in Narellan keen to do a paid visit for me? :lol: :lol:

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Just called there and yep Eric still works there.
Mate if I were you I would be calling them and talking to the franchise owner and hopefully you still happen to have the emails coming from their store.
Number is (02) 46472411

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Sure do still have the emails and his PM's, i should have known something was up cause he was terrible at emailing, would respond with 2 or 3 words per email. I'll give him a call this weekend when the rates are cheap and see what he says. I dunno where i stand on this legally, I never really asked him HOW good the box was, but i assumed for 1800 i was getting a good box. Moral of the story, never assume, i should have grilled him. I bet he will "know nothing about it" when i phone up.

Lol what did he say when you asked for him? Cheers for that!

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

I just sent head office an email containing the following:

Hi there,
A few months back i purchased an AU XR8 Manual transmission off one of your employees/managers(?) at the Narellan branch, his name is Eric. I understand that he still works for Ultra Tune. I am trying to get in contact with this person as the transmission he sold me is worthless, lower cluster gears are shredded and second and fourth gear are just about the same. The means of communication i had with the seller was through the email address narellan@ultratune.com.au, i still have the emails and bank transfer details.

I paid $AU1800 for this box (plus freight to New Zealand) and it will now cost me just about the same to fix it.

Would appreciate it if you could contact this person/branch on behalf of me, as i have been trying for months with no reply.

Kind regards,
Mason Pearce

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Mate he come to the phone and reckons he knows nothing about sending a gearbox to NZ.......................
I wouldnot be bothering to speak to himas you will get nowhere. I would be talking to the Franchise owner and letting him know the dealings that have been being run out of his shop and there are a lot of potential customers of his that are not happy and will be boycotting his business and putting the word around.
Back it up by offering to send him the emails that have been sent from his business. Also fax him a copy of the courier consignment note originating from his business.
You most likely will not get anywhere legally but hopefully the boss will put some pressure on him to fix the situation to save the businesses face.
Even if you dont succede in getting any cash you might at least get the prick sacked so there will be some form of justice for you.
Ill do some sniffing around and try and find the franchise owners name for you.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Cheers EVL, bloody legend, thanks a heap. Yeah, well i have been emailing the Narellan branch for some time now with no reply, so my guess is he is the owner. So as above comment, i emailed Head office. Hopefully i will hear from them a bit better, if not i will have to ring them and do exactly what you just described. I highly doubt i am going to get paid anything, but like you said, at least i may get some satisfaction knowing his head is on the platter.

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Might pay to slip a little review on this site here as well telling the truth and outlining the facts.

http://narellanonline.net/review_add.ph ... ng_id=1145
Also on this site
http://www.startlocal.com.au/auto/mecha ... 16606.html

Throw enough mud and some of it is sure to stick..........................................................

Ill see how I go in the next few days , if I get time I might just go for a drive over there and see what I can find out about the actual owners. It appears that the business changed hands in 2007 and they were working hard to change the bad publicity the place had................

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Cheers mate, very much appreciated indeed. I have left feedback on the first one, basically just outlining that i bought a product, the product was faulty and they refuse to answer my emails, taking advantage of the fact i am in a different country.

Be AWESOME if you could drive over there sometime, how close is it to you? Hope to be able to eturn the favour some day. I'm looking forward to a reply from Head Off., if i get a reply that is.

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

They are about 45mins to an hour from my place. If I get time to slip by I will.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Ok thanks, much appreciated. All i heard back from head office was "Details of Narellan office are: *phone number*"

that helps.... sounds like they don't wanna know about it.

Sort by  
 Page 12 of 42  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 42  Next