Fordmods Logo

"LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears 

Page 30 of 42 [ 618 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 42  Next

Post subject: Re: XFWAGON's "LTD-XTC" Build thread
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

NT, Australia

Hey man, love the ride!

The side skirts don't look too bad actually, I thout BA ones would stuck out too much or somthing.

The wood grain really suits the Lanes too.
I've been looking into gettin another fairlane/ltd in nicer condition to swap all my parts onto, just for a new shell.
maybe one with a sunroof if I can find one.

Nice gauges too, although water pressure is a wierd one. Really you'll only use the water temp, oil press and volts, the fuel pressure if you boost it, and the others are for details, not sayin setting up the lot won't look freaking sweet!

Have fun with them all being mechanical, I hate feeding the water temp capillary line.
I got all mine electric, I prefer wiring and connectors.

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

Lowlane7 wrote:
Hey man, love the ride!

The side skirts don't look too bad actually, I thout BA ones would stuck out too much or somthing.

The wood grain really suits the Lanes too.
I've been looking into gettin another fairlane/ltd in nicer condition to swap all my parts onto, just for a new shell.
maybe one with a sunroof if I can find one.

Nice gauges too, although water pressure is a wierd one. Really you'll only use the water temp, oil press and volts, the fuel pressure if you boost it, and the others are for details, not sayin setting up the lot won't look freaking sweet!

Have fun with them all being mechanical, I hate feeding the water temp capillary line.
I got all mine electric, I prefer wiring and connectors.

Cheers man,

Sunroof would be sweet! I'm buying a roof chop with one to transplant into the LTD, will prob' sit in the shed for 5 years first though :lol:

The gauges i'm prob' gonna end up selling, as you said with them being mechanical they will be a pain in the a**. In a stripped out drag car i'm sure it's fine, but in these cars there aint a lot of room to route all the stiff cables and hoses. I too prefer wiring and connectors, much easier to work with and looks better.

All my magnaflow gear arrived today!! Absolutely stoked! However i just need to get it all installed now, the expensive part. At first i wanted it all stainless steel, mandrel bent, but that was going to cost me over $1200.. :shock: :shock:

So I'm just going to go mild steel and buy the mandrel bends from a parts shop. I have a contact who will do the exhaust work for me for a Saturday cashy job, but his shop doesn't have a mandrel bender so i'll have to purchase the bends separately.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1994 DCII LTD, 1998 EL Fairmont

New Zealand

Did you ever find out what the "Oregon" in your car description is about. I have a 1994 DCII and does not mention "Oregon".
BTW your car looks bloody awesome, what a great job you have done on it.

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

fordv8nz wrote:
Did you ever find out what the "Oregon" in your car description is about. I have a 1994 DCII and does not mention "Oregon".
BTW your car looks bloody awesome, what a great job you have done on it.

Cheers mate.

No i never did find out, i wouldn't have a clue. I must remember to ask my contact at Ford next time i see him. Any pic's of your beast? I always love seeing other peoples LTD's, or any Falcons/Fairlanes.

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:39 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1994 DCII LTD, 1998 EL Fairmont

New Zealand

Will dig some out. Mine was ex Govt house, Argon Silver,138K but completely standard. Have an EL as well, but would have to say my DC is the best car I have ever driven. Mine has the Velour seats instead of leather (Velour was an option I believe). Will take some fresh Pics in the next couple of days, as I have just got my wheels back from Elite wheels here in Christcurch, as they were oxidised.

I see you are in Dunners, will be down your way in a couple of weeks, would love to see your car in the flesh.

Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

NT, Australia

Yeah, the Oregon name is interesting.
I reckon it's a NZ release name or somthing.
I know a bloke who has a vs commy, but it has some 4 or I6 cyl "dual ram" engine and it had an extra wierd name on the plate next to the VS, it was an import from Singapore (obviously exported there from Holden in the day)
Maybe send your VIN off to Ford and ask, or do a little history research.

It's nice to have somthing unique though!

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

NSW, Australia

How much did those magnaflow tips set ya back?

E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

NCIILANE wrote:
How much did those magnaflow tips set ya back?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAGNAFLO ... 35aa393810

I got mine for 35 each, just use the "make an offer" button, Guys name is Mark, really helpful and fast!

Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Well, here is a very short clip of how the exhaust sounds at the moment. It's just the standard piping going through a single muffler (no cats) and then 3" pipe from the diff.

I can't wait to get this twin Magnaflow system fitted!

Oh and i should point out how well those underdrives work, in the video where i rev it to is just past red line, hardly even have to put your foot on the pedal to rev it, sounds great!

http://yfrog.com/epmov01990z

Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

underdrives are great mate.....woke my sleepy lane up a bit :mrgreen:
Get this twin system in already :roll: :lol:

Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Sounds quite nice as is, the Magnaflow mufflers should make it sound even sweeter!! Looking forward to new clips of the exhaust once it's done + skids please :lol:

What's the plans with the exhaust setup? Twin 2 1/4 all the way through exiting out the one side or twin into a single?

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

NCIILANE wrote:
underdrives are great mate.....woke my sleepy lane up a bit :mrgreen:
Get this twin system in already :roll: :lol:

Oh i have been meaning to ask you mate, how did the 3.45 diff gears imrpove on your 'Lane?

I'm definitely needing to do the swap to 3.45's or more, the T5 i have has got the AU ratios (2.95 instead of 3.35(?) first etc) so coupled with the 3.27 LTD diff, it's got ridiculously long legs.

Yes i can't wait to get this twin system on. I was even considering swapping out the fuel tank for a different type from another Falcon etc so i could run the pipes either side, but that sounds like too much work tbh.

KWIKXR wrote:
Sounds quite nice as is, the Magnaflow mufflers should make it sound even sweeter!! Looking forward to new clips of the exhaust once it's done + skids please :lol:

What's the plans with the exhaust setup? Twin 2 1/4 all the way through exiting out the one side or twin into a single?

Thanks man, it sounds good on the outside, but the sound inside is s**t, can't hear a thing at all.
I have listened to a few clips of these mufflers on 94/95 'Stangs and they sound beautiful.

Will definitely be getting some videos!!

Plans are just to have the twin 2 1/4 all the way through and exiting one side. I would have liked to have run the pipes out both sides, but the fuel tank takes up the entire left hand side of the car, there is maybe about an inch gap between the side of the tank and the bumper. :(

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I didn't end up fitting that 3.45 diff I had from Jastel, didn't get the trailing arms for it so it wouldn't fit in the Lane. It is now fitted to another cardinal red fairlane from this site :wink:
I'm still running the stock 3.27 :(
Wouldn't worry too much about duel system, seems to be more trouble than it's worth. The twin system looks good with the right tips and has it's own unique sound. I know where your coming from though, a good old fashioned thong slapper sound from the duel systems would be great.
I did get to hear Banarcus' system on the wagon I bought from him before he had to change it back for rego, and I deffinately prefer that over the system that's currently in it......very droney, but I'm hoping to sort that out soon with a trip to carline to see whether a hotdog will dumb it down a bit or just fit a resonator :?
Cheers,
Mick

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

NCIILANE wrote:
I didn't end up fitting that 3.45 diff I had from Jastel, didn't get the trailing arms for it so it wouldn't fit in the Lane. It is now fitted to another cardinal red fairlane from this site :wink:
I'm still running the stock 3.27 :(
Wouldn't worry too much about duel system, seems to be more trouble than it's worth. The twin system looks good with the right tips and has it's own unique sound. I know where your coming from though, a good old fashioned thong slapper sound from the duel systems would be great.
I did get to hear Banarcus' system on the wagon I bought from him before he had to change it back for rego, and I deffinately prefer that over the system that's currently in it......very droney, but I'm hoping to sort that out soon with a trip to carline to see whether a hotdog will dumb it down a bit or just fit a resonator :?
Cheers,
Mick

What did you need the arms for, do the LWB ones not fit it? I thought it was a pull the 3:27 diff out, put the 3:45 diff in. Obviously not that simple. Do the spring "holders" and the other parts on the SWB diff fit up ok onto the LWB?

I'll tell ya what gets rid of drone VERY easily mate, a manual gearbox!! When i had the auto in, mine droned like a cow (one muffler with 3" pipe), but not it's very crisp. So i'm thinking i won't even need a resonator on the new system.

I've been playing around with wheel options lately, as i like the Boyds, but the size of them is just annoying me, they are far too small. So, i've settled on some 20x10 (rear) and 18x8.5 (front) DTM "Shines", i did a quick photoshop and i reckon they look hot as. Here's a pic. Will be popping in to see my local wheel man this week and see what sort of price he can do. And hopefully i can sell off the Boyds reasonably quickly.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The 3:45 diff was from an EF/EL monty, so it needed the arms as well, but the car got towed off to the scrap yard before I realised I needed them :(

I have other things on the wish list before I go manual (in the Lane that is), but deffinately on the cards. The wagon is the one that drones like a b**ch, it was a manual, but converted back to auto before I got it. Won't be going there with the wagon, it will just get a resonator. Auto for the wifes daily is all that is needed.

Nice choice on wheels, not sure about the size though. I think anything over 18's just look too big on the NC/DC's, but I will reserve judgement until I see them on yours :P

Cheers,
Mick

Sort by  
 Page 30 of 42  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 42  Next