Fordmods Logo

"LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears 

Page 33 of 42 [ 618 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 42  Next

Post subject: Re: XFWAGON's "LTD-XTC" Build thread- New Dual Exhaust!
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Noice mate! Don't worry about the bends, mine look the same! It's the sound that counts :mrgreen:

E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

Well, Trick Flow Track Heat kit was ordered today from Summit, along with some new lifters and a Walbro pump.

Just need to sort out the 3.73 diff gears now and I'll be happy!

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

I'm so f**k jealous right now, I want a V8 lol.. This thing is gonna scream with the TF kit once its on.

Also remember to get a vid of the new exhaust note, that system looks great! :P

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

KWIKXR wrote:
I'm so f**k jealous right now, I want a V8 lol.. This thing is gonna scream with the TF kit once its on.

Also remember to get a vid of the new exhaust note, that system looks great! :P

I hope so mate! Although the diff REALLY needs to be upgraded, as I'm running the AU T5, it has the lower (higher?) ratio gear sets in the box, so it doesn't pair too well with the 3.27 diff, and every gear is a mile long. Once the 3.73 is in, it should hum along quite nicely!

Nows the time to get a V8 Nathan, everyone must be selling up, or just about due to petrol prices. s**t it cost me $110 to fill the laser tonight! :evil:

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Still only cost $340 odd to go from Wellington to Auckland and back with three hours driving around Auckland in traffic and another two hours in Wellington. And the speed limiter would have slowed us down if we still had one, so not exactly conservative driving...........

Petrol is still about the same as milk. Thing is, I don't drink 12litres every hundred K's.

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Heres some shiny new Trick Flow goodness. Heads, cam, intake, rockers, fuel injectors, lifters, Walbro pump, BBK TPS, bolts... yadda yadda yadda.

All I'm waiting on now from summit is the Trick Flow fuel rail kit, new plugs and leads, IAT sensor. Oh and also an injector harness from the good man Mick himself. 8-)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Damn it Ash, you got me! Yes my testicles are the size of raisins now from all the cashing in.

I also spend every cent I earn on this stuff, trying to get the most done to the car before I buy a house. I'm always busy with that mouse button, eBay/summit is just too addictive, just wish I had the coin like some folk on here to buy it all!

You also have been busy I see, buying Mustangs and crafting steering wheels out of wood. The wood dash you have planned should look pretty sweet, are you going to make some wooden seats, wooden "mags", and wooden panels too? :lol:

Mate, petrol is just ridiculous.... it was $135 to fill the LTD and only lasted 350km, so I won't be doing that again in a hurry. I'm hoping the new go fast bits and a tune get me some more k's out of that tank! crappy 91 (not even good 91) is currently sitting at $2.19 a litre, and 98 (the bp ultimate stuff) is sitting around $2.28 and is changing by the day.

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

That fuel price is stupid.
Unfortunatley I reckon we wont be too far off it.
Id better have lots of fun in the XR once some bits turn up before we cant aford to drive it anymore!
Your little presents look horn. It will go very nicely once done!

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Thats a nice little collection of bits there. :cry:

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

NSW, Australia

XFWAGON wrote:
Heres some shiny new Trick Flow goodness. Heads, cam, intake, rockers, fuel injectors, lifters, Walbro pump, BBK TPS, bolts... yadda yadda yadda.

All I'm waiting on now from summit is the Trick Flow fuel rail kit, new plugs and leads, IAT sensor. Oh and also an injector harness from the good man Mick himself. 8-)

You suck! :evil:

Nah! Nice collection you have going on there mate......I have made time to get under the LTD tommorow to disconnect the last wire from the starter. I should have done it today, but wife is in hospital, so between house cleaning, running the kids around, looking after the animals and clearing land mines, the day just got away from me :P

You still want the tail lights as well as the harness? Bubble wrap and box is here waiting to be filled ready for the trip over the ditch!

Cheers,
Mick

E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

More bits keep arriving to complete the puzzle, received a replacement injector harness from Mick to replace the one I chopped up to wire the AU IAT sensor to. Although the more parts I pull off the engine, the more my list grows. Will need a new water pump, new HB by the looks of it and also a new bolt set.... two of them even snapped clean off in the timing cover.

A few days ago I ordered some more gaskets and bolt kit for the TB, a new IAT sensor, some MSD leads and MSD lead clips and also a Crane Hi-6 ignition kit. Was all good until I got an email saying the Crane kit has been back-ordered for a month!! They must have just run out as it still said "ships today" when I placed my order.

Ordered a new Aeromotive FPR and FP gauge today, this time from Jegs as they were about $20 cheaper than Summit and offered Express mail for the same money as Summit's Priority service.

All that I really needing now is a new HB, water pump, wide band O2 gauge kit and a J3 chip. although I'm hoping that seeing as I'm already running an EB GT ECU (similar mods to what I'm putting on) It may run OK until I can get the chip and pay for a dyno tune.

Anyway, heres some boring pics of todays progress.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: "LTD-XTC" Build thread- New Dual Exhaust & TFS goodies
Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 10:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

how many ks on the motor,you could freshen the bottom end up-brgs and change welsh plugs to s\steel or brass,if it uses oil,a rering.but you have to remove the block,the plus side is a easy build short block,you have to check the cam and valve lift to piston top clearance.be easier to notch the tops of the pistons or change them.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Wow, someone has been busy and has some very sexy parts going into their ride!

Once you have a mortgage to pay, playing with car's becomes a "budget buildup" lol. I'm just glad fuel isn't quite that expensive over here yet, and most of my rides are on LPG, helps to afford to run them, even tho I don't do huge kays anymore.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:17 am 
Tyre Shredder

Power: 120 rwkw

New Zealand

Will be watching this with interest. I would like to upgrade the topend in my EF but need to finish the driveline first.

If I had known you were selling an explorer manifold I would have grabbed it.

Will you tune the J3 chip yourself or is there some one over there that can do it?

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

hans hartman wrote:
how many ks on the motor,you could freshen the bottom end up-brgs and change welsh plugs to s\steel or brass,if it uses oil,a rering.but you have to remove the block,the plus side is a easy build short block,you have to check the cam and valve lift to piston top clearance.be easier to notch the tops of the pistons or change them.

196,000k. Doesn't blow any smoke. I just don't think it was cleaned up by the previous owner. Still has the original water pump and harmonic balancer. In fact just about everything I've taken off this car was the same stuff from 1993.

Oil is always good and motor was strong. Front crank seal is not leaking at all, and the rear main seal was only leaking very slightly. Was planning on freshening up the bottom end with a 331 crank/rods and TFS twisted wedge pistons, however I just can't afford that and the mrs is getting really grumpy waiting for me to buy a house.

ToranaGuy wrote:
Wow, someone has been busy and has some very sexy parts going into their ride!

Once you have a mortgage to pay, playing with car's becomes a "budget buildup" lol. I'm just glad fuel isn't quite that expensive over here yet, and most of my rides are on LPG, helps to afford to run them, even tho I don't do huge kays anymore.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Yeah I'm trying to get pretty much every done to it while I can afford it. Buying a house at the end of the year so I have until then! Petrol is just crazy, it costs $110 to fill my Laser!!

bottlejack15 wrote:
Will be watching this with interest. I would like to upgrade the topend in my EF but need to finish the driveline first.

If I had known you were selling an explorer manifold I would have grabbed it.

Will you tune the J3 chip yourself or is there some one over there that can do it?

What's left to do on your drive line? This TFS top end kit is great! Although you could probably build a similar set up from a parts shop in Auckland for a little less coin. It was $us2600 plus $400 for shipping. That was OK until customs decided to bill me $750!!

The explorer package wasn't up for sale very long, It was sold just a few hours after I listed it on here. They used to pop up on trade me all the time, however any V8 falcon parts seem to have dried up on there.

I'm planning on getting a custom J3 to start with, and also the tuning package. The guy who does my WOF has a good mate who is a dyno tuner at the Polytech in town and is VERY reputable so I'm hoping he can do it. Coupled with the WB O2 kit it shouldn't be a problem.

Now to find some 3:73 diff gears!!!

Sort by  
 Page 33 of 42  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 42  Next