Fordmods Logo

"LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears 

Page 34 of 42 [ 618 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next

Post subject: Re: "LTD-XTC" Build thread- New Dual Exhaust & TFS goodies
Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:01 am 
Tyre Shredder

Power: 120 rwkw

New Zealand

XFWAGON wrote:
What's left to do on your drive line? This TFS top end kit is great! Although you could probably build a similar set up from a parts shop in Auckland for a little less coin. It was $us2600 plus $400 for shipping. That was OK until customs decided to bill me $750!!

The explorer package wasn't up for sale very long, It was sold just a few hours after I listed it on here. They used to pop up on trade me all the time, however any V8 falcon parts seem to have dried up on there.

I'm planning on getting a custom J3 to start with, and also the tuning package. The guy who does my WOF has a good mate who is a dyno tuner at the Polytech in town and is VERY reputable so I'm hoping he can do it. Coupled with the WB O2 kit it shouldn't be a problem.

Now to find some 3:73 diff gears!!!

I've been looking out for used mustang bits here in Canada but anything good (Trickflow, Edlebrock, AFR) that comes up here is priced marginally cheaper than new.

My V8's not going anywhere fast. The auto is stripped waiting for rebuild #2. I've got a 3.45 LSD sitting there for it too and can't finish the exhaust until the auto goes back in.

It's not a lot really; but I can't motivate any one to finish it for me.

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Good progress mate, can't wait to see all the TF goodness all bolted on :twisted:. Seeing all the parts available out there for these motors makes me wish I had a V8 to start with.

Ouch on the customs tax!!! Bloody rip off bastards I tell ya. Just tell the mrs you'll buy a house soon, and keep telling her that until the LTD is finished :lol:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Nice box of goodies you have there. You'll love once it's all in and tuned. If you have the cash, I'd recommend upgrading to 1.7 rockers now, as it'll probably be something you will think about down the track.

One thing, when you're installing the upper to lower intake, check the gasket doesn't protrude into your runners. When we pulled my engine down, the gasket was fouling between 5-10% of each runner.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

bottlejack15 wrote:

I've been looking out for used mustang bits here in Canada but anything good (Trickflow, Edlebrock, AFR) that comes up here is priced marginally cheaper than new.

My V8's not going anywhere fast. The auto is stripped waiting for rebuild #2. I've got a 3.45 LSD sitting there for it too and can't finish the exhaust until the auto goes back in.

It's not a lot really; but I can't motivate any one to finish it for me.

I've noticed that on eBay, the second hand parts seem to sell for just about the same as brand new. Have you considered putting a manual in? If you are in Canada, surely you could bring back a reasonably priced mustang T5?

KWIKXR wrote:
Good progress mate, can't wait to see all the TF goodness all bolted on :twisted:. Seeing all the parts available out there for these motors makes me wish I had a V8 to start with.

Ouch on the customs tax!!! Bloody rip off bastards I tell ya. Just tell the mrs you'll buy a house soon, and keep telling her that until the LTD is finished :lol:

Neither can I mate, just a shame it's winter and the weather is constantly crap, putting a damper on things. Any plans to upgrade to an 8 in the near future?

I'm always telling the mrs that I'll get the house and the LTD is almost finished *dear*, however the aggression gets worse by the day :lol:

Scaffy wrote:
Nice box of goodies you have there. You'll love once it's all in and tuned. If you have the cash, I'd recommend upgrading to 1.7 rockers now, as it'll probably be something you will think about down the track.

One thing, when you're installing the upper to lower intake, check the gasket doesn't protrude into your runners. When we pulled my engine down, the gasket was fouling between 5-10% of each runner.

I was thinking about the 1.7's for a little extra lift, but wouldn't it be too much lift for the stock pistons? Did you have to do anything extra when fitting the gear to your engine, and what fitting did you use to connect the brake booster hose to the side of the upper manifold?

Cheers for the heads up, I'll make sure I cut any excess gasket off.

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

XFWAGON wrote:
Any plans to upgrade to an 8 in the near future?

If I had the money, I'd be out there looking around right now :lol:. Would love a DL LTD 5.0, would easily be my dream e-series ride at the moment. LWB + sexy interior + 5.0 = I want :P

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

KWIKXR wrote:
XFWAGON wrote:
Any plans to upgrade to an 8 in the near future?

If I had the money, I'd be out there looking around right now :lol:. Would love a DL LTD 5.0, would easily be my dream e-series ride at the moment. LWB + sexy interior + 5.0 = I want :P

They seem to be getting cheaper by the day. In fact you could probably sell your car, buy a DL and still have coin left over. This one here is for $6k, and It's been on there a while now as I've seen it relisted quite a few times. Could probably score it for $5k. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 417026.htm

People just don't appreciate the big cars any more and no one buys them so the price goes down. I dunno about up north, but the boy racer scene in Dunedin is changing from starlets/evos/wrx's into Falcons/commodores now. Seeing quite a lot of EB-EL Falcons cruising around getting modified. Obviously they are now coming into the price bracket of your average cheque book racer.

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

That's true, have seen quite a few lately in that price range, overall condition of most I've seen are quite poor so they definitely aren't appreciated much at all up here. Have spotted some really mint examples on Trade Me in the past, I just can't bring myself to trade or sell my Fairmont though lol.

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1991 Ford Fairmont Ghia

New Zealand

just can't bring myself to trade or sell my Fairmont though lol.

+1

Build Thread - More of a mismatch of parts :P the-garage-f53/seftons-ea-t106586.html

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

Sefton wrote:
just can't bring myself to trade or sell my Fairmont though lol.

+1

buy it and have 2 to play with--idle hands are the devils play ground

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

I had no P-V clearance issues with my 1.7s.

As for the vacuum lines, etc, I had it all installed by a workshop, initially. They kooked it, but all the fittings and stuff were sorted by them and I haven't looked at them since.

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Scaffy wrote:
I had no P-V clearance issues with my 1.7s.

As for the vacuum lines, etc, I had it all installed by a workshop, initially. They kooked it, but all the fittings and stuff were sorted by them and I haven't looked at them since.

Did you use the Trick Flow head gasket (Felpro) that came with your kit? And did they fit under the stock height Trick Flow valve covers? I'm seriously tempted as I know I can sell these here in NZ to make enough money for the 1.7's I just don't want to buy them and run into problems....

That video you have on youtube of your car idling sounds awesome, that water bottle has some serious shake going on.

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Bugger. Got my Aeromotive goodies today, the regulator was A LOT bigger than I thought so I've run into a problem already. I bought a pressure gauge to go on the side of the FPR but it sticks out at the wrong angle and won't fit with the upper intake on. Second is the vacuum fitting also hits the upper so I'll have to get a small elbow to replace that.....

Third problem is my fuel rails don't fit the lower!! The front hose hits on the lower manifold, I was just going to replace the hose but I noticed that the actual rail itself was also hitting the manifold and is about 2cm from being able to bolt up.

So looks like this Aeromotive stuff is going on ebay/Trademe and I'll just save up for the TFS fuel rail kit and save some dramas.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Aeromotive regulator now sold 8-) aand today I ordered some TFS fuel rails, Aeromotive reg, some gaskets, a new Pertronix TFI module, spark plugs and some other bits and pieces.

Also managed to brace the cold after I got home from work and armed myself with a hair drier and a can of paint. Tickford TB is now matched to the TFS upper.

Photo's don't really do it justice!! I've still got to tidy up a few edges but it's turned out as good as I expected :D Now I'm waiting on the gasket and stud/bolt kit from Summit to arrive. Currently sitting at Auckland airport along with some other goodies.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Looks very trick mate!! Nice work :wink:

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Sorry I didn't get back to you before. Yeah, I used the gaskets that came in the kit and the 1.7s fit under the rocker covers.

Sort by  
 Page 34 of 42  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next