"LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears 

Page 41 of 42 [ 618 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Post subject: Re: "LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Man, that looks mint! Should look quite aggressive from the rear with some fat rubber :twisted:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

KWIKXR wrote:
Man, that looks mint! Should look quite aggressive from the rear with some fat rubber :twisted:
Cheers mate! I was very impressed with the instant difference they made for looks.

I priced out a pair of 285/35/18's and the cheapest I could get were $325 each.... So good thing I cashed up some annual leave.

My brand new battery drained over night so something is sucking it's life, can't work out what though as the alarm is currently off (I thought that drained the last battery) and boot light is removed, interior light turns off like it should.

There is a big charity cruise on the 18th so I want the car ready to roll by then, I was planning on getting a cylinder balance test run today but the battery kind of killed those plans. It was dead, completely flat.

I sold my old lower intake to an engine building down in Invercargill and he has an engine dyno/tuning shop specializing in Ford V8's so I'm going to send my bin/def files to him to have a look at. Either that or buy a tune from TI Performance.

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Looks smik!
What did they do to fix the offset issue? Machine the rear face of the wheel?

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

They took the centres out and mounted them further out, then polished the s**t out of them. They did a fantastic job, can't even tell. They are not quite as finely polished as factory but once they are on the car it's not going to make much of a difference anyway.

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Awesome, finally found out what was causing all my problems! EDIT: turns out that wasn't the problem, new o2's went in and problem is now worse.

Had the o2's tested today with some fancy machine, one side was reading extremely slow and the graph was messy, you could hear the engine note change with the graph, the other side wasn't even really working at all, was just a fuzzy line and not much else.

Also got the rear tyres fitted up and guards rolled, I'm very pleased with the result. Now I just need to get the front lowered a bit more and I'll be happy with how it looks.

Went with 275/35/18 Nankang NS20.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:22 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ford falcon eb gli

VIC, Australia

Keen for pic's with the new wheels mate. The lane looks sick :D

signature pic removed by admin. refer to guidlines for image sizes

Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Hey Mason, how's things going with the LTD?

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Not much has changed really mate, been busy with the new house. LTD doesn't it in the garage so I'm going to have to modify the existing bifold doors so it will fit.

Stalled on finding the other half of my tune base, I bought the 2dca strategy but still need a 2dca def.

Want to sort out my electrical problems before i mess about with the tune. Fuel pump surges and I have a wire grounding somewhere in the cabin which causes the door ajar sensor to always be on and trigger the alarm.

Hows things with your car?

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Sucks having niggling little issues like that man, hope they aren't too much of a hassle to fix. Bet you'd be itching to get it running perfect once those things are sorted!

Things have been pretty slow with my car too. Haven't done much at all lately either apart from drive it lol. Almost bought a NL Fairlane 5.0 couple of weeks back lol, but couldn't bring myself to buy a car that probably needed a lot of work when I don't really have the $$ to put into it. Luckily, by the time I could get the money to buy it, it had already been sold :lol:

Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:01 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: DF LTD

VIC, Australia

Just read the whole thread mate - what a fantastic car! Seems like you haven't actually managed to drive it much since you bought it! I'm heading in a similar direction with my 5L DF - manual and I'd like a charger but we'll see. Oh, and fat rubber... Speaking of, those new rears are HUGE and will look incredible once you get some shoes on 'em.

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 90' Ford Fairlane SVO

Any updates, mate?
I'm looking to do a manual conversion on my NA (has a little 6 though, which I've decided on keeping), so this topic has been very helpful. Mind you, I've forgotten most of it now and will need to re read it, haha.

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Well I'm back on the LTD scene after a long absence.

Got caught up with Euro's and all their beauty/engineering. The 190 is in the garage and the 540i is now my daily.

However.... i have just purchased a 3.7 set to upgrade my diff' as the 3.27's felt horrible with the ratios of the T5Z.

Also a cam shop just 4 hours away from me has just become a dealer for Ti Performance and I'm enlisting them to tune the car. Hopefully will have her tuned and diff'ed by the end of the year.

Once the LTD is up and running properly I'll be having to do the torque converter seal on the 540i. I swapped my mk3 Golf wagon (manual converted) for the BMW, previous owner looks to have replaced nothing on it and ran it through a farm fence. It amazes me how people neglect these cars and then wonder why they stop working!

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:26 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Mustang Fox, UN Explorer

New Zealand

Saw you car during the middle of winter when doing my University rebuild work with ABL. I live just around the corner from your home. Might I say its a very impressive car. My number plate on the Mustang was ITZ OLD, but the wifes RAV4 has the XCTASY number plate I had reserved for my old XC Taxi.

Hope you enjoy the 3.7's. There is a close ratio a*** for the T5Z, if your car keeps getting sorted, you may need them. Was driving a Boss 302 a while back, and even with 3.5's, the 2.32:1 first gear was too short.

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

xctasy wrote:
Saw you car during the middle of winter when doing my University rebuild work with ABL. I live just around the corner from your home. Might I say its a very impressive car. My number plate on the Mustang was ITZ OLD, but the wifes RAV4 has the XCTASY number plate I had reserved for my old XC Taxi.

Hope you enjoy the 3.7's. There is a close ratio a*** for the T5Z, if your car keeps getting sorted, you may need them. Was driving a Boss 302 a while back, and even with 3.5's, the 2.32:1 first gear was too short.

Did you spot it down there? I work Studholme. Was your Mustang the Blue one? My memory is shocking these days haha.

Do you still have the Mustang or the XC? Do you live in the cul-de-sac just down the road or up by the Caltex? It still surprises me how many people I run into that live up here, but I suppose moving from a quiet section of Mosgiel to a main road will have that effect.

Feels like the diff's taking forever, think Dad will get onto it next week as he's finished work now and has a bit more time to play with it. The box has a 2.95 first gear. Hopefully the 3.7's make it just a little nicer to drive around town.

Luke from AXE Performance sorted me out a tune for it too, he's done some pretty impressive work including his own Sprint that's MAFless and has ITB's.

Downsized my cars to where I think it'll stay for the next 20 years. Have an E320T daily driver, the LTD project and the 190E is currently getting an M104 transplant but that takes back seat over the other two.

Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Mustang Fox, UN Explorer

New Zealand

Yeah, I'm an old 45 year old codger from Renfrew Street, off Oakwood Ave. Been there for 12 years with the misses and three kids. xafalcon (tristam) got me on here, by being able to answer some tough Windsor V8 related stuff in this post post1433687.html#p1433687

Spoke to him in Hamilton. Saw your car, and have continued, following the 5.0 V8 progress.

Saw your car at Studholme driving in just onces, man, its b**ch'.

My car is (or was untill I had to replace it) the Herron white ITZOLD 81 Mustang parked outside Arana, Knox Colleage, Selwyn, the Early Child Hood, during the seismic refitts, and the Flood Protection work with Downer.We spent most tme with Halls and ABL destroying buildings, and then starting again from sqaure one. So much work there from 2012 to date! Some times ya gotta break an agg to make an omelette.

ImageImageImage

The Fox Mustang was just like everything I have,
the 98 Explorer XLT
my old 'family hack' 250 cubic Inch 1984 XE Falcon GL sedan,
my old powder blue XC Falcon 500 sedan
The old 1982 V6 2.3 TF Cortina,
my current Stagea 2.5 RSX...

in six cylinder, rear or 4WD, auto.

Used 110%...

I'm an ex Ministry of Works(Opus/Downer) Roading Engineer who does heavy labour work with AWF Group and Select Jobbing, Healtchcare, Commerical Cleaning and Wood Chopping. With my company XEC Ltd, Quality Assurance work for Roading Contractors, Local Authorites, NZTA. And in line Six Ford engine building, automatic transmission adaptors, some EFI and Datalogging work.

Down by where the Olde Kirk is now, I used to glide past every night after my Cleaning shift at Consulancy house, and see LTDXTC parked outside, and I'd love it. Had to wipe my mush from all the dribbling...'s nice!

Sort by  
 Page 41 of 42  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next