Fordmods Logo

MA77US' AU XL/BA XR6. (LOTS OF PICTURES AND PROGRESS) 

Page 7 of 8 [ 107 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: MA77US' AU XL/BA XR6. (LOTS OF PICTURES AND PROGRESS)
Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

Fckyeahhh.
Good shiit man.
Those do look really blue... I wonder why.

Blue blooded.

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 2001 AU Ute

VIC, Australia

Looking good mate.
Personally I don't like the spoilers on the ute. Prefer a hard top with twin bumps, if you think the hardtop looks like it needs something.
Each to their own, though.

Post subject: Re: MA77US' AU XL/BA XR6. sold and gone :(
Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUI XL Falcon

NSW, Australia

sold my ute for 7500 and has already been picked up and taken away. happy to sell it but miss it a bit. good ol' pride and joy. although i was never turning down 7500 for a 1999 AU XL with 240000k's and rego running out next week!

MA77US' AU Ute Build.

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

Do they/you want another one ? lol

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: "08 XR6T Ute

QLD, Australia

bloody hell, ill be the only left with a ute soon... all the guys i go to for inspiration are slowly selling off there utes... :(

first Ash, then MA77US... now low_ryda is in the process... o well, whats next for you for matt?

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I still have my ute.
Been toying with the idea of getting rid of it but they are too handy.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I forgot that another fordmods person bought that ute... Seems like it will remain a source of inspiration for me... :)

I toyed with idea of getting something cheaper, but just can't sacrifice a tray... And I just don't like any other utes like I do this one... Though I wouldn't mind swapping for 67RCE's supercharged version of mine :p

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:58 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

FordAUte wrote:
I forgot that another fordmods person bought that ute... Seems like it will remain a source of inspiration for me... :)

IS HE ON HERE? what his name cause i really want to follow and see what he does to her!

FordAUte wrote:
bloody hell, ill be the only left with a ute soon... all the guys i go to for inspiration are slowly selling off there utes... :(

first Ash, then MA77US... now low_ryda is in the process... o well, whats next for you for matt?

it was hard and sad but its okay! stay strng with yours :)
hopefully, fingerscrossed, i will be getting a BA xr6 toward the end of the year :) could be another ute! :)

MA77US' AU Ute Build.

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

Get a new car buddy?

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Sorry about that Matt, I was talking about ash's v8. Another Fordmods member has it, or at least did.

Umm I sold my ute too... I wonder how low_ryda went, haven't heard from him in a while.

What do you have now?

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

I ended up selling the bf mont and keeping the ute :wink: I lost my GT rims though :( shopping around for replacements...

The ute has just been far too good to me and too handy. Now it's also committed as my work vehicle because it's decked out with boxes.

However it is getting long in the tooth It's an ongoing concern whether to rebuild or replace with a twin cam. engine or entire car...

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yep I bought the ute off Ash.
Was a reasonably rooted piece of s**t when I got it. Had issue after issue with it and I spent a lot of time and dollars just sorting it out. Have started to have a bit of a play with it lately , nothing major but.
Currently looks like this now.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

*jaw drops, drools a little...

Miss my ute so bad right now :/

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

FordAUte wrote:
What do you have now?

just an accord euro. a bit different from the falcons shah but mum is buying it off me soon so ill be getting a BA/BF ute :) nothing like a falcon ute

low_ryda wrote:
The ute has just been far too good to me and too handy. Now it's also committed as my work vehicle because it's decked out with boxes.

However it is getting long in the tooth It's an ongoing concern whether to rebuild or replace with a twin cam. engine or entire car...

you don't realise how handy they are until you get a sedan hey! I'm buying a motorbike soon to so i need a ute. hhmmmm, would be cool to replace the heart of it would be awesome but is it worth it?

EVL098, that is phattttt! anything ash makes is awesome! ahaha

MA77US' AU Ute Build.

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

MA77US wrote:
EVL098, that is phattttt! anything ash makes is awesome! ahaha

Whilst I definately appreciate the fact you think the old girl looks good , I have to say I do take great offence that you would think it is something Ash created.
Everything done to that vehicle now has been done by myself with the much appreciated help of the Sydney guys.
Im sorry to hijack the thread but its about time the truth comes out about what went down with the ute purchase and why I got so p****d off about it.
When Ash was first talking about selling the ute I asked him what he wanted for it. He told me he was going to start it at $6k on ebay and see what come of it but he would sell it for $6k without putting it on ebay as it sat just so there was no stuff around.
I wasnt keen on the timber tray and Ash knew he could sell it seperately so a deal was done at $5500 and the arrangement was I could have the tray on it until I sorted out a tub after Christmas and then take the tray back up to him. The kind of honesty deal mates do for each other.
When the deal was being sorted I asked Ash to honeslty tell me what work was needed to the ute as I was going to sell my XH to buy it as I really didnt have the time or funds to put the 5.0 and 5 speed into it as originally planned. The reply was that there was nothing whatsoever wrong with it but the aircon needed regassing. Trusting Ash as a mate as soon as the XH was sold the $5500 was put into his bank account for payment of the ute sight unseen and I was catching the train up on the weekend to get it. It was close to 12 months since I had last seen the ute.
On the Saturday he picked me up from Cardiff station as that is near where his Dad lives and I jumped in the ute.
First thing I picked was that the clutch was absolutley rooted. I mentioned this to Ash as he was in the passenger seat and his reply was "Dunno I thought it was ok". The seats that were meant to be in good condition had flogged out bolsters in the foam , the bases were collapsed and the frames were twisted. We drove back to his Dads to drop him off and I went to leave. I chucked a CD in the player and it spat it straight back out. We had a joke that it was rejecting my choice of music being Lady Gaga and I wnet to put something else in. It spat that out too. The stereo was stuffed in it.
Also he had changed the front right guard as a rock had hit the original sometime during the week.He had fitted a series 1 Dynamic White guard to a series 2 Winter White vehicle. The colour difference was able to be picked from 20m.
At this point I should of told him to put the money back in my account and keep the ute. It could of saved our friendship. But silly me drove home.
The thing wasnt idling properly and was very hesitent to get moving. Upon looking I found most of the plug leads were cracked and broken and it looked like the plugs had never been changed. Another $200 fix a couple of weeks before Christmas.
Then I drove it out for one of the regular Friday night meets to be met with a puddle of oil forming under the ute. The oil pressure switch decided to bundy off and I limped it home topping up the oil as I went. 5L of oil sprayed between Liverpool and Werrington saw it back in the driveway and fixed the next day.
Driving along on boxing day after ordering a new clutch kit etc from Summit on Christmas eve (yep the clutch was that bad) the exhaust got very noisy. Upon inspection the exhaust Ash had built decided to fall apart between the cats and the muffler. New centre section made and fitted by the only exhaust place open in the gap between Christmas and new year at the cost of $260.
A couple of weeks later the brakes were not feeling so great so I pulled the wheels off to check. I found that a set of very worn brake pads had been fitted to a set of somewhat scored undersized front discs. The bit I found funny was the uneven wear on the brake pads didnt match in any way with the scores in the discs. It looked like a set of second hand pads had been chucked onto the flogged discs. New discs and pads at another couple of hundred bucks sorted that out. When doing the front brakes I noticed that the upper balljoints were that flogged out they were just slopping around in the socket. Chuck another $150 at it and its sorted.
All seemed well until a couple of weeks later I heared a bang and grinding noise from the back. Yep Ash's awesome duel pipes. The left one had fallen off and was dragging along the road. More cash at the exhaust shop.
Luckily in this time when I was just depressed over the whole thing dc_todd bought out a set of mint condition seats XR seats for it and help me fit them on a 40 degree day. Knowing I had pumped a bomb into the ute so close to Chrissy his reply was "fix me up in a bit when you have the cash". Very grateful for that. I am more grateful but to my much better half who was as annoyed as me with the situation but never blammed me or got cranky , just told me to do what had to be done.
A new stereo that worked (well played CD's as the antenna didnt work as the mast had been removed) and a new front guard fixed another couple of issues. So that all up was another close to $300 fix.
The whole time it had used a large amount of water. I didnt know why until one night I was flicking through teh forum and found Ash make comment months before my purchase of the ute that it was using an amount of water and he didnt know why. His reply was he would sell it before putting a spanner to it to fix it. This got my interest and I started flicking through other posts. I found posts where he had said that the suspension was getting sick in the ute as it was banging and rattling to drive but once again he would sell it before spending money fixing it.
These comments were all made MONTHS before I purchased it on his word that there was nothing wrong with it.
So basically I had got to the point where too much money had been invested in it (there was many other fixes done in that time that I no longer remember) to sell it as much as I hated the sight of it.
During all this going on I wasnt able to find a tub so made the decision to keep the timber tray. Even though I had been burnt well and truely by Ash on the ute purchase I told him I was keeping the tray and that I was putting the $500 for it into his account. He knew what dramas I had with the ute and what I had spent and not once did he say dont worry about it or just make it $250 etc. Keep in mind here that I never haggled his price when he told me it on the terms that it was a good unit etc.Nope he wanted his full $500 which he got the next day no matter how much it burnt me. I wasnt about to make a scene about it all over the forum as it was one of those things but at this point I decided that me and Ash were no longer mates. The whole ordeal hurt besides the grief and drama it caused us here and the financial cost as myself and Donna got along really well with his wife and kids and we were all friends , to the point that Donna was at the shops one day just after he bought the Mach 1 and found a bottle of aftershave called Mustang in a nice pressed steel box with a mustang grille and badge on it so she bought for him as a nice trinket to go in his garage with his Mustang memribilla which I gave him on the day I picked the ute up.
So here is the story and its finally been told. Im sorry to have hijacked your thread to tell it but it was time and the comment about everything Ash building being awesome was the catalyst.
Ill leave it up to people to decide themselves on who the scumbag a***hole is here but keep in mind that I am the member who is still kicking around the forum and Ash is the member who has legged it and deleated every post he has ever made on the forum.
The ute as it sits now is the hard work , patience , help and understanding of myself and Donna and a great group of true mates who just lobbed in and helped to sort s**t out.

xr6turnip wrote:

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 8  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next