Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Micks EF Project
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

Hi all,

Ok, I thought it was about time I started a build thread as I have a project in mind and in the last 2 weeks its coming together faster than I can handle. I am just a TA and have not had much experience with turbo cars until the last year or two, so am after as much input and information as possible.

The project is to turn my daily driver EF, which I have owned for the last 4 years only doing the 3.9 diff gears + mini spool, the original basic shift kit(as listed on this site) and a T.I Performance J3 chip.
Attachment:
EF RHS.JPG

When I first bought it.
Attachment:
Engine800.JPG

Ok, so 1.5yrs ago I had a turbo offered to me at a good price so I grabbed it and stuck it in the cupboard. (after finally pulling it down today it only needs 2 bushes)
Attachment:
Turbo Size Up.jpg

Now last night I had an EF engine and transmission delivered to me by JohnnyFX from Fordmods at a bargain price, Thanks Heaps John!!!!
So I have, EF engine, 2 x EF Trans, OneBigAssMother(OBAM) Turbo. All will be rebuilt to handle +++ what I am aiming for.

That is where my base... I suppose the Aim is the next big question... The turbo I have kind of dictates where I am headed.
Basically I am going for a minimum of 400rwkw, and depending on how much boost I can pour into it possibly up to 550+rwkw.

I'm trying to be realistic about this and totally understand that it will take 1-2 years (budget dependent)
The only thing set in concrete so far is the manifold which will be a 6boost. Possibly looking to follow nicco and go with Mahle Pistons and Spool rods, but we will see once I start comparing costs. I'm looking at using the EF block as a base as they run shorter rods, but have also been told once you go forged it does not make a difference so the AU bottom end would be better.

So time for some feedback and input. Thanks for reading!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Micks EF Project
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Just a few more pics. Most were from 4 years ago when I first got it.
Attachment:
P1090796.JPG

Attachment:
P1090797.JPG

Attachment:
P1090799.JPG

Attachment:
P1090811.JPG

Attachment:
P1090836.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Micks EF Project
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:33 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Attachment:
P1090840.JPG

Attachment:
P1090846.JPG

Attachment:
PICT0001.JPG

Attachment:
PICT0002.JPG

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]