Fordmods Logo

My new 'blank canvas' 

Page 14 of 24 [ 357 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next

Post subject: Re: My new 'blank canvas'
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

Exactly lol Growler it is then.

Also, my heat wrapping and those 'HOON' key chains arrived today lol

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: "08 XR6T Ute

QLD, Australia

i've been talking to dc todd about those stickers, so should have them soon... ill trade you one for the hoon keyring :p

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Deal :D

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

he said you can pick from any colour you like, just has to be white or blue. so ill prob get mostly white and some blues just for those with blue cars or something... so i guess you'll be getting white like myself. Also its not the same as the old stickers, its the logo up there ^ on the top banner. with the spanner in the 'O'

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

White is perfectly fine, can go up the top of the rear window :)

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

yeah, thats what i was thinking of doing. either that or lower corner of the rear windscreen... or maye even in the rear quarter window.

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

btw, looked into the bowden museum trip... entrance is by invitation only from what i read, though one way to get an invite is to buy a bucket of bowden car care products... so maybe have a little raffle sorta dealio at a cruise if we ever get one organised and raffle a bucket off... lol just an idea... but we would need a fair few cars to come to cover the expense of the bucket ($275.00 for the 'Mother Bucket').

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

mmmm probably not worth it man. Would be hard to get enough people to cover even half of that for a raffle.

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

yeah, wouldnt mind going myself though lol
but i think a lot of it would be wasted on me... alot of old school history. like a GTHO phase IV, super falcon, heaps of moffats gt's and mustangs, d**k's tru blu, etc, etc... i wouldnt be able to properly appreciate what i was looking at... like i didnt even know how few phase IV's were made... 4! apparently its because the gov stepped in and was like "wow you need to stop making these cars, they are TOO powerful... people will kill themselves!". with a whopping 400hp or something lol though it did have drum brakes all round lol

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef XR6t

QLD, Australia

FordAUte wrote:
Yeah from what i have read around the world wide web, the snort kit is very reasonably priced. most other places are the same price without a manifold.
Though the only thing that gets me is EVERYONE putting in their two cents about manifold qulity and performance... i see you have a 6boost manifold, which to me seems like the best (or at least the least complained about lol) manifold. Whereas everyone likes to have a dig at the poor fella from snort performance... oh well... i guess each to their own and for the price, i couldnt care less if the snort manifold is 0.001sec slower then the 6boost one lol

yeah, well thats the plan... either save up and buy the snort package, or make my own own kit piece by piece slowly.
i just want reliability, thats definately higher up the list then performance... cause i would rather lose a race, then spend money and time foolishly at the mechanic. do it right the first time...

Well I used to have a snort log manifold and it cracked in 5 places. The reason I went with 6 boost is that it has a life time warranty against cracks and defects and there's a few guys making around the 800-900hp who run these manifolds so they must be doing something right... So to me it would never need to be upgraded ,which I don't think there's any other manifold that could out flow it unless you custom made your own but I doubt it as there is a lot of r&d that go In to these manifolds. And secondly lifetime warranty. So I will never have to buy another manifold. So there are 2 very good reasons I went with 6 boost, plus Kyle is very good to his customers always happy to answer questions and more than willing to rectify problems if you have any. Oh and price too. I think they are even cheaper than the snort stage 6 manifold. The 6 boost retails for 1200 and the snort stage 6 retails for 1499.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/ef-turbo-build-t103080.html

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

i suppose the only thing that would make a 6boost setup really appeal to me is if he teamed up with someone else (or even took his business one step further) and put together a turbo kit... similar to the kit that snort produces... that way i could give my business all to one guy and get a 'starter kit' as such with the manifold, that utimately, i would like to have on my car...
but from following 6boost's facebook page, kyle keeps himself PLENTY busy... lol

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

god dam it.. pierced the dust cover on the front hubs whilst trying to remove the front rotor, then found out that i dont have the right size socket to do the job. got a 32mm but need a 34mm lol god dam it! off to the shops i go...

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

turns out no one in town sells the socket i need to undo the retaining nut... :( and the get a new dust cover i have to buy the WHOLE bearing kit ($235)... so all in all, great day on the tools lol

edit - just had a quick look at ebay (love it!), and i can get 2 new genuine dust covers for $50 posted from adelaide. so will give ford a call again tomorrow and talk *cough abuse cough* the bloke and quote the following part number so he doesnt try and rip me off for a whole bearing kit just for the dust cover. (part # F1VY-1N135-A)

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef XR6t

QLD, Australia

doesnt sound like youve had much luck today... I know 6 boost do a deal with turbosmart wastegates and they even have their own branded top wastegate cap which has the turbosmart logo and 6boost logos endorsing eachother which seems pretty cool, unsure if its any cheaper than normal but yeah as far as complete turbo kits i dont think he does them, not to say he wont in the future. Its an ever expanding business as he fabs stuff for a whole range of different cars...

a good bang for your buck kit would be snort as you can get it all running and iron out any bugs it has as a turbo vehicle then slowly upgrade all your bits as the mod bug bites and you need more power! haha.

We have the socket that fits at work here but that doesnt help you cause im in Noosa! lol. One of the guys at work recently did his wheel bearings in his ba xr8. Im fairly sure it may not be metric cause the 34mm socket we used seemed a bit sloppy but we used the rattle gun and seemed fine, didnt strip the nut at all. Oh by the way i think the nuts are a special type and need replacing they are like 15 bucks each from ford too :O well thats according to a BA your FG might be different im unsure..

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/ef-turbo-build-t103080.html

Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

hmm that will be a good upgrade one day, 6boost manifold with 6boost branded turbosmart waste gate... i like the sound of that :)
and yeah, if there is money to be made from it im sure Kyle would be the man to do it... i've never spoken to them, but from what im read his a very switched on friendly sorta bloke. yet to read anything negative about him or his business... i really want to see his ba/bf in person... looks mint!

haha thanks for the offer, but its a bit hard cause im not actually in bris at the moment. i took a bit more time off work, and have decided to help out my old man with my old auii xr6 ute. So im up near mt isa till about the 12th. in a town with no ford dealership, hardly any mechanical supplies, and in a shed im very much not familiar with... so should be interesting to see if i ever get this done really. got full rotor and pad change, full suspension change, and a service to complete and thats just for starters... lol

"08 XR6T Ute

Sort by  
 Page 14 of 24  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next