Fordmods Logo

NAII FAIRLANE 

Page 8 of 36 [ 530 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 36  Next

Post subject: Re: NAII FAIRLANE
Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Darcy4524 wrote:
Sorry would have replied earlier but went out for my birthday.

But the reason I'm looking at a regulator is because when i was out today i was at smart and i turned the key to on and the fuel pump didnt prime for the usual 2 seconds and usual noise instead it primed for about half a second and half as loud. The reason i want to replace the fpr is so i have everything fuel related is replaced at once.

When i read about the au head it was compared to a el head which is better than an au stock but a au head is better when worked. The difference is stock the el head is good for about 320hp where the au is good for 302hp but when worked the el head is good for 342hp where as a worked au head is good for about 360 hp. After reading that I'm going to get a el head as i only want about 300hp.

So after saying that would fitting a el head give me any gains and would i need the cam to suit?

Is that 300hp at the flywheel, or at the treads ????

300 at the fly isn't too difficult to get.....I'm nearly there with 220hp at the treads.....using an EF XR6 cam.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Ford Fairlane na2

TAS, Australia

At the wheels but I'll settle for 280 250 at the lowest.

NA2 fairlane - 3.9 with au headgasket & injectors, ef fans, 2.5" zorst, lowered on selby springs , kenwood head unit and 6 speakers, fusion sub, el ecu & ti chip

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

good and bad news for anyone still watching my thread.

bad news first
i went to change my fuel filter but turns out my step dad got the wrong one. i went to my dads to change it he checked it, moved it abit and he said f**k i said what and he showed me what was wrong. the d**k head who replaced it put it in backwards. ive been having start up issues when warm so either my coil or distributor is f**k. im going to change the coil first as its the cheaper and easier option. i noticed there was an oil leak i thought main seal is shot dad said check the rear sump bolts one was in finger tight and the other fell out when i touched it.

good news now
i decided to check the gearbox inhibitor switch while under the car pulled out the first plug with the metal tab bit to hold it in and the contacts were shiny. pulled out the second one and it was filthy all the contacts were brown with god knows what but i used a bit of sand paper on the contacts now there all shiny. i decided to do a little test drive and she revs up quicker now the filters in the right way she kicks down now and the best part she kicks down manually. so tomorrow ill be going off to bursons to get a price for a coil and new fuel filter then ill get dad to get a price on his dealer license to see how much of a difference there is.

while we were under there we noticed some one had already done a 2.5" catback with 3 mufflers i now have extractors ready to fit and all that's left to get now is a cat then get it fitted. we also noticed it has a aluminium prop shaft is that factory of aftermarket any help on that will be great.

NA2 fairlane - 3.9 with au headgasket & injectors, ef fans, 2.5" zorst, lowered on selby springs , kenwood head unit and 6 speakers, fusion sub, el ecu & ti chip

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

are you sure it's 2.5"? as they don't make a 3 muffler 2.5". only 1 or 2 muffler. Also, is it mandrel bent? if not, f**k it off

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Yeah its 2.5" not mandrel but its better then the standard 2" it has the factory manifold and cat but after the cat is a muffler i. Did buy it off an old guy who said he wanted it abit quieter because it was playing with his hearing aid so he must have bought it with the 2.5" then had a muffler added.

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

NT, Australia

Dose it have a 4 bolt flange on the tailshaft? Alloy shafts were were used on all models from factory around that time, (AFAIK).

Coil is the most common fail point. That should fix your hot start problems.

Take some photos of the exhaust. What brand are the mufflers?

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

Also there was/is a 3 muffler option, 2 in the centre pipe, (a smaller one at the front and a larger one at the back) and 1 in the tailpipe.

Also in the garage....

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I can only find a sticker on the rear muffler its blue I tried to pull it off but only got the last two letters which are NG forgot to check the prop shaft. Ill check in the morning.

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

they were 2 and 1/4 standard. not 2".

Unless it's had a Sportsman exhaust put on it. As tickford models had a 2.5" press bent exhaust on it

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

so someone has replaced the cat or something because my dad measured it with his vernier calipers and it came up just over 2" by about 3mm and the rest that is visibly newer was the same but 2.5".

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

Yeah that's common, with the rate the mufflers rusted through.

Also in the garage....

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

okay well i have ordered a cat and once i get that and the money to get the work done i will have a set of extractors and the cat fitted. also getting a new fuel filter to replace the old one and a new coil which ill be relocating to the side wall where its gets some cool air.

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

replaced the fuel filter, put in a new coil and extended wire i couldn't find a spot on the side wall so its now in between the air box and headlight, it actually looks like it belongs and i got my dad to adjust the gear selector linkage. i now have no problem manually changing down gear, i also noticed it will only change down manually in power mode is that normal or is something wrong?

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

driving along 2 days ago and just 2 houses down the street from my house the heater hose blew so im now replacing them all also got a price on a fpr repco want $178 and a place ford told me about wants $138 is that a good price or is there a cheaper price floating around. pulled off the heater tap thing and half of it is missing just rusted away and i mean long ways. so im going to flush the heater core out in a moment and ill be getting hoses and the tap tomorrow. then on wendsday i will have the money to get the gearbox serviced and if i have enough money after that my extractors and cat will be fitted. :mrgreen:

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

having another problem its been happening for a while where i would go for a drive turn off the car turn it back on and it would only crank. i replaced the coil and it got better but today it did it again so i tried putting my foot to the floor and it started first try. so i was wondering what the problem is could it be the exhaust leak :?:

Sort by  
 Page 8 of 36  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 36  Next