Fordmods Logo

NAII FAIRLANE 

Page 13 of 36 [ 530 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 36  Next

Post subject: Re: NAII FAIRLANE
Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Ford Fairlane na2

TAS, Australia

Okay so to make it look factory I should just do what you did?

NA2 fairlane - 3.9 with au headgasket & injectors, ef fans, 2.5" zorst, lowered on selby springs , kenwood head unit and 6 speakers, fusion sub, el ecu & ti chip

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

NT, Australia

Darcy4524 wrote:
Better more than enough than not enough?

The throttle body is the bottle neck if you understand that term properly.

The main point of a CAI is what it is an acronym for.

Cold Air Intake.

Not just a heap of holes or pipes to suck "more air" from anywhere.

Designed to gather more cold air, IE; From around behind a headlight, bonnet gap or even the front bumper.

Keep this in mind.

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I just dont understand how it can get cold air from the back of the headlight.

NA2 fairlane - 3.9 with au headgasket & injectors, ef fans, 2.5" zorst, lowered on selby springs , kenwood head unit and 6 speakers, fusion sub, el ecu & ti chip

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

there are gaps around the headlights right? Air will fill those gaps lol

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

Air is everywhere!

When driving air blows in through all the gaps around the grille etc, the factory intake snorkel is a perfect example.

Ducting it ensures it is the coldest possible air, before it enters the engine bay.

Also in the garage....

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Right I think I understand now so how much of a gap should I leave between the 2nd snorkel and the headlight?

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

Have a look behind and see what you can do, there no set way of doing it.

Jus the basics to already understand.

Maybe try boxing it in a little, or you may find some ducting tube jams in the rad support and headlight perfectly.

Also in the garage....

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Will do.

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I just used this original snorkel. it's flexible and squashes up a bit and fits perfectly

Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Okay ill look at what to do and ill see how it goes.

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Extractors and cat have been fitted and look alot better than the factory crap that was on it.
Ill clean up the extractors in abit.
I also just touched the extractors and its much cooler than what the cast manifold would be.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:04 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 99 au ute

WA, Australia

89.SVO wrote:
they are 6". Fusion is a horrible brand.

I had 6.5" fusion power plant splits with a class d amp running active and 2 power plant subs with also a class d mono block, the sound was amazing it was sooooo bloody clear.

Most people that bag on fusion either haven't heard them or get the encounter stuff!

You could remove the clutch fan?

Au series 1 ute. T5 manual, 2.5" redback zorst, Xtreme HD clutch

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fullyforded wrote:
89.SVO wrote:

I had 6.5" fusion power plant splits with a class d amp running active and 2 power plant subs with also a class d mono block, the sound was amazing it was sooooo bloody clear.

Most people that bag on fusion either haven't heard them or get the encounter stuff!

back when Fusion was good maybe. Now they're s**t. Much better stuff on the market

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NT, Australia

89.SVO wrote:
fullyforded wrote:
89.SVO wrote:

back when Fusion was good maybe. Now they're s**t. Much better stuff on the market

Fuk off, I'm with fullyforded there.. fusion can pump as hard as alpine, pioneer, jensen, sony whatever brand, you just gotta tune it right. Or get the competition stuff.

TUNING is the main issue, you can't over drive the speakers or amp, have a good search about tuning an you'll find out HEAPS.

Paper cones will produce the BEST sound, but it is weak material so it dosnt last long, that's why different materials are use and they try to find the best equivalent to produce good sound.
There were also some Jensen (not 100% I think that was the brand) speakers at repo for a while, $15 4", paper cone cheap as hell aluminum foil looking frames.. Not designed to be pumped hard, but were perfectly crisp and clear for standard replacement stuff. No problems, worked sweet as pie.

Go get a pro-linear brand sub in the triangle box (the have them at repco) they pump hard and crisp.. Cheap Ching Chong china brand stuff, but it's some awesome budget bass.

Kiwis mob in town are always splitting boxes and blowing amps and subs... The simply turn everything up and get earth quaking bass for a week.

Trust me Darcy, I've seen setups from ALL brands, and ultimately, it's down to tuning, like a scale you sacrifice lifespan for performance and vice versa..

That's from my experience anyway..

Also in the garage....

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:17 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 99 au ute

WA, Australia

Lowlane7 wrote:
89.SVO wrote:
fullyforded wrote:
89.SVO wrote:

Fuk off, I'm with fullyforded there.. fusion can pump as hard as alpine, pioneer, jensen, sony whatever brand, you just gotta tune it right. Or get the competition stuff.

TUNING is the main issue, you can't over drive the speakers or amp, have a good search about tuning an you'll find out HEAPS.

Paper cones will produce the BEST sound, but it is weak material so it dosnt last long, that's why different materials are use and they try to find the best equivalent to produce good sound.
There were also some Jensen (not 100% I think that was the brand) speakers at repo for a while, $15 4", paper cone cheap as hell aluminum foil looking frames.. Not designed to be pumped hard, but were perfectly crisp and clear for standard replacement stuff. No problems, worked sweet as pie.

Go get a pro-linear brand sub in the triangle box (the have them at repco) they pump hard and crisp.. Cheap Ching Chong china brand stuff, but it's some awesome budget bass.

Kiwis mob in town are always splitting boxes and blowing amps and subs... The simply turn everything up and get earth quaking bass for a week.

Trust me Darcy, I've seen setups from ALL brands, and ultimately, it's down to tuning, like a scale you sacrifice lifespan for performance and vice versa..

That's from my experience anyway..

Agreed.

Iv heard expensive brand stuff, for the price the sound reproduction isn't worth it especially when most of the time it's only playing at 320kbs.
Some of my mates run around with that cheap auto one stuff and it sound awesome for what it is..... In fact it's more than likely made in the same factory anyway!

For anyone that would like to disagree go buy a pair of averaged priced speakers and a pair of expensive ones leave the C**k out of it and have a proper listen to it....... Than and only than can your opinion count.

This is not solely directed at 89.SVO

Au series 1 ute. T5 manual, 2.5" redback zorst, Xtreme HD clutch

Sort by  
 Page 13 of 36  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 36  Next