Fordmods Logo

NAII FAIRLANE 

Page 26 of 36 [ 530 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 36  Next

Post subject: Re: NAII FAIRLANE
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Ford Fairlane na2

TAS, Australia

I have the factory catback I think. I also found my smoke problem because what caused it seized completly. Ill post a pic.

NA2 fairlane - 3.9 with au headgasket & injectors, ef fans, 2.5" zorst, lowered on selby springs , kenwood head unit and 6 speakers, fusion sub, el ecu & ti chip

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Heres the pics

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NA2 fairlane - 3.9 with au headgasket & injectors, ef fans, 2.5" zorst, lowered on selby springs , kenwood head unit and 6 speakers, fusion sub, el ecu & ti chip

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I also found KWIKXR's thread about the throttle body opening and polishing the butterfly. But I havent found one about log manifolds so looks like ill be first but what im doing seems to be the exact same as what he did except I might take his idea of cutting the bit the butterfly screws onto to get rid of the air hump.

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

NT, Australia

That would have been squealing like a b**ch or what?

The throttle body mod is pretty neat too from what I've seen.

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Didnt squeal at all I started the car heard a odd noise that went away with a rev drove about 2km and I smelt burning rubber so I turned off the car ar 60kph and rolled luckily about 250m crossed across the oncoming lane into the carpark where mum works. I popped the hood and the engine bay was full of smoke so I grabbed my daughter from the car walked inside and asked to use the phone. Because it was mums day off I called dad he came down asked me start it then yelled turn it off so I did walk round to him and he said the pulley isnt moving. So I gave him some money to get a new one soI went across the road with bub and got icecream at wendys. Went back to the car and waited for dad he got back and changed the pulley. I started the car dad gave it a rev at the manifold and I heard something hit the hood I walk round to dad ask what happened and he said something must've been flicked out by the fan then I look at pulley look back at dad and I notice his ear is bleeding. Which means what flew out clipped him I look at the pulley and go f**k good thing I didnt go to hobart then. I gave him a hug said thanks then as he was gathering his tools I put bub and the pram in the car grab the new bottle of makers mark and sat it on his seat and said bye. I drive off and dads there with a surpised look on his face.
All in all I had a bad day turn out good and dads turned out great I guess.

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Replaced my accelerator cable and its abit more responsive now very happy only took me an hour to replace in the repco parking lot. Thx to the local guys at repco they've pulled me out of a few tight times lately. Good thing I replaced my cable and they had it in today because it stretched again and a few of the wires had snapped.

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Has anyone ever done a digital dash to standard dial dash before? Im thinking about doing it just not sure how to do it.

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Heres why I got the cat I got. Its abit hard to see but its a nice bronze color.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Ive heard removing the isc and blocking off where it was could increase torque and power but I dont understand how that works the only thing I can see happening is my idle being about f**k up. Has anyone heard of this?

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:17 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Darcy4524 wrote:
Ive heard removing the isc and blocking off where it was could increase torque and power but I dont understand how that works the only thing I can see happening is my idle being about f**k up. Has anyone heard of this?

no, who ever told you that is an idiot...
you not going to gain anything by blocking the isc off.

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:27 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Darcy4524 wrote:

Another one of your "I heard" ........... :roll:

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Yeah I thought that was the case ill jut keep my idea of opening the throttle body and knife edging the butterfly but I found someone else who did it on here who half shafted where the butterfly screws to. I found another one where someone did a dyno before and after and gained 8-9kw correct me if im wrong.

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:09 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Darcy4524 wrote:
Yeah I thought that was the case ill jut keep my idea of opening the throttle body and knife edging the butterfly but I found someone else who did it on here who half shafted where the butterfly screws to. I found another one where someone did a dyno before and after and gained 8-9kw correct me if im wrong.

yes he did. but you also got to understand that the engine the test was done on had head work and cam.
and the gains were only top end. over 4500rpm where the modified head and cam could benefit from the extra air..
imo will do nothing on a near stock engine..

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Okay im mostly doing it for something to do and because I thought it was something different until I found the other threads. Im getting an eb2 head that im gonna have a go of porting and if I like what ive done and it flows well im going to get it milled and port match the log manifold im getting with it. Until i get a bbm, el ecu and what ever else is needed. What else is needed for the conversion?

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Ive decided that after I pay for rego ill be building my CAI with custom airbox to house a pod filter then ill be getting a retune. The CAI will consist or custom piping that goes into my gaurd and wraps round to the front bumper to have the outside air rammed in and ill be making a better snorkel to replace the factory one. Combined with my ported throttle body and half shated knife edged butterfly with heatwrap around my CAI piping to keep the air cooler im looking at getting at the least 10rwkw I hope.
Im also thinking of going to ford to get the retune unless someone knows of a better place in tassie.
It doesnt matter where as long as they listen to what I have to say without going great another 18 year old that thinks they know everything. I dont know everything I just want them to listen to my questions as I like to learn especially when it concerns my car.
What are people opinions on what pod to use. Like K&N or just a off the shelf one from repco, supercheap or autobarn?

Sort by  
 Page 26 of 36  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 36  Next