Fordmods Logo

NAII FAIRLANE 

Page 28 of 36 [ 530 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 36  Next

Post subject: Re: NAII FAIRLANE
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Ford Fairlane na2

TAS, Australia

Ill grab the ngk then. How can I measure the afr?

NA2 fairlane - 3.9 with au headgasket & injectors, ef fans, 2.5" zorst, lowered on selby springs , kenwood head unit and 6 speakers, fusion sub, el ecu & ti chip

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:33 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Get an AFR Gauge.

If the o2 sensor is the fix, then you will notice the improvement.

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Okay but what else do I need? Do I need a special o2 sensor or something?

NA2 fairlane - 3.9 with au headgasket & injectors, ef fans, 2.5" zorst, lowered on selby springs , kenwood head unit and 6 speakers, fusion sub, el ecu & ti chip

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I was going through show us your e series when I got to page 109 and saw a falcon with a r33 front bar which ive been thinking of getting my brothers and putting on the lane. Now that ive seen the bar on a falcon I just might do it because I love the look of the r33 bar and I wa going to put it on my 1990 tx5 because it looked great. So that might be something ill do if my brother doesnt want to much for it of if he will let me fit it on before buying.

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Okay I changed my wording as well and found whole kits for afr what would you reccomend as I dont want some s**t brand where I find out it doesnt work?

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Also the main reason im thinking about an r33 bar is for something to do. Not that ill keep it on im mostly thinking put it on take some pics, take it off and put the original back on.

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Fitted an alarm system up and it works like a charm.

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Im thinking of getting the stage 2a from this website http://www.cmssydney.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7&Itemid=6 has anyone heard of the company or used one of their cams?

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Im thinking cam in about 6 months would the 2a i found be good or can someone recommend a direct replacement that will give me more torque down low at about 2200rpm. I want a low peak torque so I can give people a go off the line. If possible I want a cam that will go well with my 3.23 diff, log manifold with ported throttle body knife edged butterfly with a half shaft, au injectors and port matched intake.

Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The guaranteed performance tip is this.
Start the car with the airbox disconnected.
Get a handful of AJAX or course builders sand.
While holding the car at a high idle (about 2200RPM) slowly release the ajax or sand from your hand into the inlet.
This will get pulled into the motor under vacuum and will give a good port job to the inlet manifold and head while the motor is running.
It also swirls in the naturally occurring vortex of air so gets into all the spaces and removes all restrictions.
Sometimes if you get lucky it will also remove the friction layer of the rings making them slide in the bores easier , thus giving you more revs.
Will only cost under $10 to do as well.
Guaranteed to work!

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Um i dont really want sand in my engine as ive never heard of anyone doing it before and I want to port the manifold and head my self for something to do and the experience.

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:06 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Darcy4524 wrote:
Im thinking cam in about 6 months would the 2a i found be good or can someone recommend a direct replacement that will give me more torque down low at about 2200rpm. I want a low peak torque so I can give people a go off the line. If possible I want a cam that will go well with my 3.23 diff, log manifold with ported throttle body knife edged butterfly with a half shaft, au injectors and port matched intake.

2a starts to come in at around 2200rpm. Any grind further up the scale and the torque starts to come in later.

You will never give people a go off the line with a 4 speed BTR and 3.23:1 diff. The mods you quote mean very little to performance.

If you want increased low end torque fit a BBM. If you want quick off the mark, fit 3.7:1 or 3.9:1 diff gears and a T5.

Do a search for CMS on here and see what it returns.

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:11 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Matt_jew wrote:
While holding the car at a high idle (about 2200RPM) slowly release the ajax or sand from your hand into the inlet.
This will get pulled into the motor under vacuum and will give a good port job to the inlet manifold and head while the motor is running.
It also swirls in the naturally occurring vortex of air so gets into all the spaces and removes all restrictions.
Sometimes if you get lucky it will also remove the friction layer of the rings making them slide in the bores easier , thus giving you more revs.
Guaranteed to work!

Matt,
I would recommend sandblasting grit, much more effective. Also drop the exhaust before the Cat so the sand can come out easier. Saves having to remove the exhaust later and having to empty any trapped sand.

Ajax still works well, but you need to try and source the industrial grade stuff, much better. Good thing with Ajax is that you just need to spray through a bit of water when you are done to clean it up any excess.

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

SWC wrote:
Matt_jew wrote:
Guaranteed to work!

Matt,
I would recommend sandblasting grit, much more effective. Also drop the exhaust before the Cat so the sand can come out easier. Saves having to remove the exhaust later and having to empty any trapped sand.

Ajax still works well, but you need to try and source the industrial grade stuff, much better. Good thing with Ajax is that you just need to spray through a bit of water when you are done to clean it up any excess.

Yes I have to admit that I missed these few finer points.
Thanks for picking up the slack.
Whilst I am old school , I don't have the old school experience you have.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:03 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Matt_jew wrote:
SWC wrote:
Matt_jew wrote:
Guaranteed to work!

Matt,

Yes I have to admit that I missed these few finer points.
Thanks for picking up the slack.
Whilst I am old school , I don't have the old school experience you have.

That's OK Matt,

Sand Blasting grit is better but it isn't readily available to most people so sometimes you need to fall back on the old builders sand. Must be careful not to use unwashed river sand, bit a***, or beach sand, too much salt content.

Industrial Ajax is getting a bit hard to get hold of these days and you have to be careful using those cheap knock off cleaner, to much damage with the toxic chemicals they use.

Sort by  
 Page 28 of 36  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 36  Next