Fordmods Logo

Nicco's EF - New Direction - Page 19 

Page 15 of 31 [ 454 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 31  Next

Post subject: Re: Nicco's EF 5 Speed
Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
theres also the possibilty that those 'mates' he owes money to that you contacted and told you to look elsewhere, couldve been told to say that so you stopped looking in their direction?

that f**k sucks man, i dunno how people in the car club community could do that to each other, as they know it would feel if it was done to them. Good luck with receiving your goods, or getting your money back, hope it all works out for you !!!

When he is not at his place for some reason on numerous occasions, mobile numbers change and no one can find him, i think it,s a little more than that

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

like i said in the other thread, looks like we could be getting somewhere atm, not holding my breath though just yet. oh and my home computer is dead. oh and i just got retrenched from my job. :roll: always the f**k way. lol

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: XW, EL, Territory, VFR800

Power: 129 rwkw

SA, Australia

If it makes you feel any better nic, I'm down to 3 hours a week at my job...

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I wish I was getting that much mongoose, i lost my job at the start of April from the recession we aren't in......

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

nicco wrote:
and on other good news fronts: i just put down a deposit on my big mod today, hopefully the parts will be on the truck sometime this week, around wednesday. :D f**k stoked! cant wait till i get to see it all! :twisted:

so on the 10th of April i wrote that. and today, the 3rd of July, we finally are getting somewhere. got the first bit of my money back this morning. 1/7th to be exact. But, its a step in the right direction at least.

i get the impression that the money had already been spent, which means its going to be a long slow road to getting it back, but i can handle that.

Such a relief to see some of it coming back in, even as a drip. :)

and brett, sam, yeah this is s**t. not liking not having anyy work, i'm pretty much sure i wont be doing engineering again at least until the end of the year, so i'll just pick something random up in the meantime. :roll:

oh and my home computer is still f**k :lol:

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

instead of him slowly paying you back over god knows how long, why doesnt he just send you the goods that you payed for?

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

cause i told him i was no longer interested in the goods. which i'm not. i'd rather the money and use it to go a different path.

and before anyone comments, he and i discussed it and agreed on me being refunded 2 days before i found out about losing my job, so that had no bearing on the decision.

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

i would drive there and pick the stuff up while you can as theres a chance you might have further issues getting money back & have nothing to show for it in the end

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

It's a bit hard to just drive there when Nicco lives almost 1k km's away

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

It's a bit hard to just drive there when Nicco lives almost 1k km's away

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

hire or borrow a ute for the weekend..... yes its a bit of driving, but what can you f**k do?

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Power: 132 rwkw

QLD, Australia

I can bring it up at xmas time if you want nicco.

I know some people have gone to visit said person who owes money. but as was said noones home.

I'm trying to find a v8 wagon anyone got any leads? :P

car's coming along nicely man

Sambo

175.7hp 15.5 @ 374,000km
Team I have two E-Series AND all my teeth.

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

sorry bout the slow response fellas.

sam, thanks for the offer, but i should be fine, looks like my money is coming back to me which is nice. i'm happier with that than the engine to be honest.

once i get a job, i will sort out my direction form there.

this whole engine thing has kinda got me thinking about buying a new car again... we'll see what happens. all depends on job first i spose

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Power: 132 rwkw

QLD, Australia

I'm In the same boat. Can't find too many v8 fairmont AU wagons tho... let alone any V8 wagons in that model :S

175.7hp 15.5 @ 374,000km
Team I have two E-Series AND all my teeth.

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

okay, been a bit of a while since an update, i've had a pretty hectic last few months. ended up getting a new job, work as a reliability engineer out at century mine in the heavy vehicles workshop. :D heaps more fun than my last job and the pay is fantastic. so that all worked out for the best.

on the flip side though, i do fly in fly out. luckily a 5 on 2 off roster, so i am home on the weekends.

as for the car, there was a bit of a break in there with the work situation but i'm starting to get moving on it all now. i've decided to catch up on all the maintainence stuff i've negleted while waiting for the new motor and then being out of work

i bought my self a new toy the other week:

new jack. fan-f**k-tastic, worth every cent. if you're struggling with one of those cheapie autobarn ones like i was, go and do yourself a favour and buy a proper one!

I bought that to put a new steering rack in the car. finished that off yesterday, was a bit of a drama as the first rack had a split seal internally and the fluid went straight through the rack and onto my rented concrete garage floor :cry: that'll be a b**ch to clean up! :lol:

pic of the home made wheel alignment rig:
yes, two bit of laminate wood under each tyre to allow the wheels to turn easily, 4 axles stands, two bits of brickies line, a steel rule and a spirit level. all i can say is i've paid for worse wheel alignments than i managed to do!! :lol:

i got word yesterday that my full bushes kit is on the way from SA off a bloke off here, so keen as mustard to get that installed, will be a big job, but the rack has made the car feel so much sharper. i cant even begin to imagine how nice it will be with good bushes.

and... i picked up some extraneous goodies last night (i'm on a week off from work). it was at a price that i couldnt walk past, especially when it was for sale locally...

yes, thats right, the *other* mod i thought i was never going to do (the other was manual conversion) :D i think the front lip and side skirts are genuine too, the have a bit of flex in them like the factory plastic and have "made in austria" stamped inside them, any ideas?

The front bar is a little worse for wear, the top is coming away from the bottom and the lower half has a few cracks, anyone know if i can use the lower off my existing bar with the xr upper? lights are good, there is one cracked mount on the right hand light but other than that are perfect.

any one know of any reasonably priced xr indicators going anyhwere?

so i spose that leads me to the next point, yes, i will be getting a respray at some point soon. i'm not exactly sure when just yet, or where i will be getting it done, or if i will even have a go myself. :?: but what i do know is it will be the same green as now (i love polynesian green, awesome colour in the sun) with the GT wheels, the kit and some other little bits and pieces i have lined up

but first, its get these bushes in and then replace some engine gaskets that are weeping, then get the gearbox looked at (3rd gear synchro is no good). then paint.

and for those of you who are interested, nathan (nlbxr6) has disappeared off the face of the planet again, i got more money off him, but he still owes me a touch over $2000. i was putting in the minor debt claim at the magistrates court today, but holy hell the make you jump through some f**k hoops, so hopefully that will be sorted in the next week or so. fingers crossed. C***!

so yeah, there is all my updates from the last few months, compacted into one narative story. hopefully i'll have more updates soon with more good stuff

Sort by  
 Page 15 of 31  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 31  Next