Fordmods Logo

Nicco's EF - New Direction - Page 19 

Page 21 of 31 [ 454 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 31  Next

Post subject: Re: Nicco's M112 Blown EF 5... Scratch that... 6 Speed
Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

mad keen: that's because townsville is better! :lol: Nah, I grew up in Cairns - don't mind the joint, but I prefer Townsville.

dc: I'm stuck out at work at the moment, so no huge updates as of yet.

The gearbox is physically in the car, having a few cross member issues. Obivously can't solve these until I'm back in town.

The shifter sits about 1 inch further back than the standard T5 shifter, so should be a nice reach for 1, 3 and 5 - not as stretched out as in the T5. Having said that, it still fits very nicely in the standard console. Big fan of that

Replacement tailshaft is in transit at the moment, hoping like hell it will arrive tomorrow in Townsville. (and won't be damaged by the transport mob again!)

Frequency switch for the reverse lock out is built now, just gotta hook it up and set it up properly.

I've modded the Snort idler gear bracket in an attempt to make it sit better, still not perfect, but closer again. I'm confident I *should* be able to get it through engineering with it how it is at the moment.

Basically, I want it up and running by Tuesday at the latest. I want to do a trip to Cairns next week, so I need it by then. I'll try and get the engineering done this week as well if I can.

Fingers crossed I have seen the last of the hurdles...

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:15 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ef falcon

QLD, Australia

nicco wrote:
mad keen: that's because townsville is better! :lol:

:shock:

Haha wat is with the cairns vs tville thing lol. Ill have to get a few boys from here to come down for a bit of an eseries cruise some time

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Definitely man, always good for a bit of a cruise (assuming I'm home but anyway. lol)

IT LIVES!!!

Ended up having a slight problem with the tailshaft also, but mal wood were awesome about it and organised someone local to fix it up for me within 24hrs of finding the fault.

It drives sooooo nicely now too. The clutch feels slightly lighter than a stock xr6t one under foot, which is about a million times lighter than the s**t EA style, xr6 equivalent clamping, cable clutch.

The gearshift is slightly notchy, very similar to all the other T56 cars I've ever driven, but not too bad at low speed driving. Under full noise though it is a damn sweet shifting box, just glides into the next gear.

Basically, the whole car just feels so much more sorted and generally better than with the T5. Cant believe how much difference the gearbox can make.

As for skid pics... patience. :lol: Want to work on the tune a bit more then it'll be off to the strip, and there will be some skids there for sure.

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:55 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: XHII XR8 Ute - Supercharged

WA, Australia

Very interesting build mate! Just finished it....

Can you elaborate on your frequency lockout for your T56? I just wired mine to brake lights, but frequency lockout would be more ideal....

Where did you get the circuit from?

I, like you, love the new box too.... I second the fact how much difference it makes to driving - its like a new car...! Mal Wood just sent my 2-piece shaft over this week...

Old - XF with XH XR8 Driveline... http://www.fordmods.com/ford-v8-f2/my-xr8-power-xf-falcon-t20529.html
Current - XHII XR8 ute - Kenne Bell Supercharged - Build in progress

SUPERCHARGED XHII XR8 UTE - BUILD THREAD >http://www.fordmods.com/post1195532.html#p1195532

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 26 images

Ride: '97 EL XR6

QLD, Australia

Goodie! Goodie! Goodie!
How much longer till you sort out the tune?
Plus when it is done and you have some free time (fingers crossed that its not raining) you must give me a call!!! :D

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Cheers fellas.

XF84 - The switch is a Jaycar one, I haven't got it quite sorted yet, but I think it was a bit of operator error that was causing me grief. http://jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5378&keywords=frequency+switch&form=KEYWORD. There are a few other people using these for different bits and pieces, they do work.

Cliff, it's right to drive to at the moment, even though the tune isn't perfect. What you doing over the weekend?

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I'll be cruising in a sweet EF :!: lol

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Thought I might post a quick update.

Before I start, I'll get straight to the naysayers - no, there are no skid pics. Build a bridge. I don't like doing burnouts in my cars! :lol:

Anyway, car has been going really, racked up probly 1500km since I've had the T-56 in it. Runs really nicely. The new box with the standard diff gears actually makes for an awesome drive.

1600rpm, 4th gear, 60km/h
1600rpm, 5th gear, 80km/h
1600rpm, 6th gear, 100km/h

Sat at roughly 10L/100km on the trip to Cairns and back over new years. And that was in pouring rain with a home made tune still. I was pretty happy with that.

Gotta play with the tune today hopefully and pull a little bit of timing out under boost, it wants to ping at higher revs under boost. Other than that, the tune has matured very well, sits at about 14.9:1 afr on cruising throttle, which I am happy with.

Oh, and I've been talking to Geoff from Snort Performance... might be some changes in the future... :wink:

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:05 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ef falcon

QLD, Australia

nicco wrote:
Sat at roughly 10L/100km on the trip to Cairns and back over new years. :

:(

how rude lol :mrgreen:

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Thread needs more pics. :P

Awesome work mate.

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:12 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I may have missed it but I am curious to know how you got the speedo to work on it? Adaptor shown pages before but the T56 has no speedo drive?

The mal-wood optioned box just has the AU bell housing yeah? That makes it properly compatible with the E series?

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
I may have missed it but I am curious to know how you got the speedo to work on it? Adaptor shown pages before but the T56 has no speedo drive?

The mal-wood optioned box just has the AU bell housing yeah? That makes it properly compatible with the E series?

Cheers,
Tim

A new rear extension housing has been fitted which has a speedo drive.

Posted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

nicco wrote:
Before I start, I'll get straight to the naysayers - no, there are no skid pics. Build a bridge. I don't like doing burnouts in my cars! :lol:

But I do :twisted: (just kidding) I've changed my ways :oops:

nicco wrote:
Sat at roughly 10L/100km on the trip to Cairns and back over new years. And that was in pouring rain with a home made tune still. I was pretty happy with that.

That's not too bad. My car sits about 9.6L/100km for that trip with only a 5 speed... :P

nicco wrote:
Oh, and I've been talking to Geoff from Snort Performance... might be some changes in the future... :wink:

Are these the ones you mentioned during the drive?

After being taken for a run with Nicco, I like how the car drives and the torque comes on nicely for everyday driving and is there when you need to go.

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

mad_keen wrote:
:( how rude lol :mrgreen:
ha ha sorry mate, was an 18hr stop over to catch up with a mate from school. :lol:

SLO247 wrote:
Thread needs more pics. :P

Awesome work mate.
Thanks mate. Anything in particular you want to see photos of?

TimmyA wrote:

Cheers,
Tim
Dan is onto it, comes with a different extension housing. Which is also why it fit within the standard console and the shifter didn't poke up through the cup holders like everyone who uses a BA box gets. :wink:

The bellhousing is standard BA. Fits 95% with the E-series motors. Just a couple of the lower bolts dont quite match up. I believe an AU motor would fix that problem for me though.

80crm wrote:
nicco wrote:

But I do :twisted: (just kidding) I've changed my ways :oops:
Scuzzy bastard! :lol:

80crm wrote:
nicco wrote:

That's not too bad. My car sits about 9.6L/100km for that trip with only a 5 speed... :P
I was pretty happy, Cam's BA XR6T couldn't do any better than mine for the same trip.

80crm wrote:
nicco wrote:

Are these the ones you mentioned during the drive?
Maybe, I think it is. Can't remember exactly what we were talking about then, it's changed subtly a few times. :wink:

80crm wrote:
After being taken for a run with Nicco, I like how the car drives and the torque comes on nicely for everyday driving and is there when you need to go.
Cheers man, appreciate the feedback. I'm really starting to enjoy just being able to squeeze the throttle and have a d**k load of torque whenever I feel like it. :D

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF daily, xc project

NSW, Australia

mad_keen wrote:
nicco wrote:
mad keen: that's because townsville is better! :lol:

:shock:

Haha wat is with the cairns vs tville thing lol. Ill have to get a few boys from here to come down for a bit of an eseries cruise some time

haha im coming to cairnes next weeks

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/bradley4567-s-xc-t83750.html

calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Sort by  
 Page 21 of 31  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 31  Next