Fordmods Logo

Nicco's EF - New Direction - Page 19 

Page 23 of 31 [ 454 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next

Post subject: Re: Nicco's M112 Blown EF 5... Scratch that... 6 Speed
Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

Okay, here is the down low.

I will be working with Brad (tickford_6) from Auto Gas and Mechanical in Townsville and Geoff from Snort Performance on a new supercharger setup for the car.

Geoff will be supplying his new Laminova intercooled manifold assembly with a Sprintex S1-490. The Sprintex S1-490 is larger than the other units listed on their website and should be able to comfortably push up to or even over the 20psi level on a 4L. We don't feel that we will need to push it that far though.

Brad has offered to join in the sillyness as well, so he and I will be building a stout AU motor to go in the car to work with the new blower. We are just finalising the parts list now, so I will go into more detail later, but for now we are looking at Spool rods with Ross pistons, mains girdle, a good tidy up on the head and lots of other goodies.

Expect my car to be wearing some signage for Brad's workshop, Auto Gas and Mechanical, once the project is further underway.

The whole lot will be controlled by an EMS 6860 and we will be working towards installing it with sequential ignition and injection.

We are expecting the system to be producing mid 300rwkws. There will be head room to push up from there also.

I am currently doing my research into the supporting systems such as ignition gear and fuel system stuff as well.

With all the above mentioned in mind, I also feel the car should be tidied up a bit to match the new driveline (thanks for the unconscious push there Cliff, otherwise I wouldn't have worried about it. lol). I have contacted Michael Peake from Newell St Smash Repairs in Cairns about painting the car and fitting up the XR kit. We are expecting to start on that around March possibly. Depends on how the cyclone has effected his supply of materials and his back log of work.

The goal is Ingham Car Show in May, I realise this is a hideously tight timeline, but we will give it our best go to get it done. I've got good support behind me with Auto Gas and Mechanical and Snort Performance to get the job done though.

Brad and I will be documenting the build of the motor as well, so between us I am sure we will try and keep a good record of the progress on here as well as on the Auto Gas and Mechanical facebook page as it all starts to unfold.

Also, the current M112 kit will be for sale when the new system is installed. It has provided a good bit of fun up to this point, and has been a strong performer on a standard motor. Contact either Geoff from Snort Performance or myself for more details on the kit.

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Post subject: Re: Nicco's EF - Next Stage Plans on Page 17
Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

sounds like some big plans :D
looking forward to watching progress

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

This should turn out pretty good.

Good luck getting it all done in time.

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:51 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: elxr6 turbo/te cortina 302w

NSW, Australia

sounds like its going to be a weapon alright! look forward to some engine bay shots when its all in

JUST LIKE A MIDGET AT A URINAL, I BEST BE ON MY TOES

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 26 images

Ride: '97 EL XR6

QLD, Australia

That sounds fantastic Nick!
If only I could persuade the missus to let me take the charger out of your hands...
How much are you selling it for?

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

As Nick said, we are building his engine.
He came to see me a few months ago about ratio change and general rebuild of his diff and i laid a pretty generous offer on the table regarding building an engine.

Seems as though the offer was to good to pass up.
I won't add any more detail about the engine just yet, all will be revealed as the build progresses.

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
He came to see me a few months ago about ratio change and general rebuild of his diff and i laid a pretty generous offer on the table regarding building an engine.

I won't add any more detail about the engine just yet, all will be revealed as the build progresses.

tease :D

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Thanks for the comments guys.

Yes, Brad did put an offer on the table that was too good to pass up, it's probably what has pushed me over the edge to actually take on the project.

Work has already thrown a hurdle up for the project deadline, I've been seconded to WA to work at a sister site for 6 - 8 weeks. It's great for my professional development, and I'll get a chance to check out Perth while I'm here. It is going to make it harder for me to get the peripheral systems in place though in time.

Still, it's the challenges that make the journey more exciting... or something like that... what ever it takes to convince myself anyway!! ha ha

Cliff, do it!! You've been in it even when the tune wasn't good, it's a good solid performer. I believe we are chasing $3000 for the kit.

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 26 images

Ride: '97 EL XR6

QLD, Australia

I asked Sophia if I can buy it and she said yes...

But she said only after I give her an engagement ring! One of her choice of course. She doesn't want me to cheap out on it.

So I guess I won't be able to buy it anytime soon :cry:

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 97 EL XR6

Power: 162 rwkw

NSW, Australia

80crm wrote:
I asked Sophia if I can buy it and she said yes...

But she said only after I give her an engagement ring! One of her choice of course. She doesn't want me to cheap out on it.

So I guess I won't be able to buy it anytime soon :cry:

you could always do a shifty and get the same setting with a manufactured diamond, then you could buy the kit! 8-)

and just hope that she doesnt find out! :lol:

07 BF MKII XR6T
310rwkw @ 13psi - Tuned By CMS

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Cliff, do it!!

Tell her that you'll get her a $3100 ring that comes with a free supercharger kit. Buy her a cheap ring and give me the money for the blower! ;)

You can tell why I'm single sometimes can't you! ha ha :lol:

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:

Brad, Just how good is the offer to build the engine? My brother is in the position of having to rebuild his AU engine, and has been convinced (by me) to do it properly and put Forged internals in it. Trying to get someone who knows what they are doing to screw it together, because it needs to be done right. And he doesn't mind traveling to get it done!

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

hey nicco on page two do u have a how to guide to pulling the lens off without breaking the lens??
cheers daniel

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

67RCE wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:

Brad, Just how good is the offer to build the engine? My brother is in the position of having to rebuild his AU engine, and has been convinced (by me) to do it properly and put Forged internals in it. Trying to get someone who knows what they are doing to screw it together, because it needs to be done right. And he doesn't mind traveling to get it done!

Mate it's a once only offer.
The cost of this engine is one of those if you have to ask how much then you can't afford it type things.
The labour to build this engine would be more then the cost of a Repco exchange engine.
I'll leave it up to Nick to tell you what his parts and machining budget is, IF he wants to share that info. We spent hours talking this through and countless Emails. As the builder, I needed to be %100 sure nick was commited, I aslo had to make sure that he was %100 happy with what I wanted to do and with who I was going to sublet various parts of the work too.

If you are really keen, PM me with with an honest budget and i'll see what sort of a package I can do to suit. Keeping in mind that no other builds will be taken on until Nicks engine is built and running in the car.

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

you guys no any god engine builders in melbourne?

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Sort by  
 Page 23 of 31  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next