Fordmods Logo

Operation Blue Thunder II. Its all over. SOLD! 

Page 4 of 4 [ 56 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post subject: Re: Operation Blue Thunder II. 8 Minute Diff Swap!!!!
Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

ashcook wrote:
EVL098 wrote:
ashcook wrote:
Go the straight LPG V8, you'll love it! Give it a hard time and a fraction of the cost.

Thats the plan Ash. My old 351 XY was straight gas and was awesome.
Best part with straight gas on this one will be I can get rid of most of the emissions gear bar the cats , get rid of the ECU and come up out of the bonnet!

Check that out, I don't have cats on my car. It is a Clevo so it is older but it is in a 91 model XF. I got around it so maybe you could too. But it was only because it was straight gas. Nothing like the sound of 1 pair of pretty open mufflers on a twin 2.5 system coming out of a large set of Genies at 6500rpm, love it!!

What are you going to put through the bonnet? Please say blower, please say blower?

I wish too Ash. Unfortunately its just going to be a work car and a bit of fun mobile for me. The fourby is where the $$$$'s get spent.
It will just be a nice looking air cleaner through the bonnet with a hornet scoop to cover it for the daily grind. Will set it up so it can be removed for a Saturday night city run.
I might even get some bigger testicles and run a rat catcher permenantly.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

SLO247 wrote:
Get some tyre shine! The wheels look better on this than the other mont.

As for the roof lining, horrible job. Go really slow with everything. I did one in my Old EF, when I was done it was being held up by the plastic trim panels over the doors basically. Yuck.

Yeah I should get around to the tyre shine bit one day hey. It wasnt even washed in those pics. Its easter in Sydney. Why wash the car when its a given it will rain at some point on this weekend :D

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

racedirector wrote:
Headlining....like SLO247 said, a total PITA!!!

Be very careful popping the plastics off, you'll break the little clip stand off real easy. Once that is all off use a pair of side cutters to get under the round black clips and pull them out - don't cut! Be careful with these across the front and rear screen areas as thats how I cracked Rachs screen. The plastics above the front doors have a screw in them to hold that corner and the A pillar plastics in.

To get it in, put your front seats right forward and all the way back - as flat as possible. Carefully put the lining in via the back doors, it will probably need mild bending to get it in. Not too much though as you don't want to crack the under board. Once it is in a spare hand or 3 would be advisable to hold it up there while you put the black clips in. Oh, and don't forget the rear courtesy light surrounds if you are changing them over, they have to be done before putting the lining into the car, and don't forget to put the dome line wiring through it's hole first, just makes things easier.

Have fun :)

Cheers
RD

What was that RD? Did you say that if I have the Cobalt cars roof lining stripped out and ready to go and all the other blue car hood lining just about ready to drop out that your going to give me a quick hand on Saturday to swap them over? :lol: :lol:

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EDL Fairmont Wagon/AU XR8 Ghia

NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
racedirector wrote:
Headlining....like SLO247 said, a total PITA!!!

Be very careful popping the plastics off, you'll break the little clip stand off real easy. Once that is all off use a pair of side cutters to get under the round black clips and pull them out - don't cut! Be careful with these across the front and rear screen areas as thats how I cracked Rachs screen. The plastics above the front doors have a screw in them to hold that corner and the A pillar plastics in.

To get it in, put your front seats right forward and all the way back - as flat as possible. Carefully put the lining in via the back doors, it will probably need mild bending to get it in. Not too much though as you don't want to crack the under board. Once it is in a spare hand or 3 would be advisable to hold it up there while you put the black clips in. Oh, and don't forget the rear courtesy light surrounds if you are changing them over, they have to be done before putting the lining into the car, and don't forget to put the dome line wiring through it's hole first, just makes things easier.

Have fun :)

Cheers
RD

What was that RD? Did you say that if I have the Cobalt cars roof lining stripped out and ready to go and all the other blue car hood lining just about ready to drop out that your going to give me a quick hand on Saturday to swap them over? :lol: :lol:

I must have said that somewhere between the lines there matey :) See ya Saturday!!

=1994 ED Wagon GLi body/EL Fairmont spec with *ALL* EL running gear.=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65695
=1998 EL Futura Sedan - The EF Fairmonts Replacement=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=106588

Post subject: Re: Operation Blue Thunder II. Its all over. SOLD!
Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well its all over.
As more things came to light with the bucket of s**t I had to ask myself if it was worth continuing on this track or to cut my loses and flick it.
Obviously I took option 2.
Not real happy at the moment since it sold with the wheels , lowered and stereo in it and I basically lost a pretty healthy whack of coin but well it had to stop somewhere.
The new owner picks it up on Saturday.
Where I go from now I still have to figure out. Its obviously going to involve buying another car and starting again. Dunno when that will happen Ill be careful what my decisions are next time. The whole experience has left a very bitter taste in my mouth. One step forward 4 backwards.
Oh well lessons learned hey.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

My ED seems to be doing exactly the same thing with the BEM, it seems to be worse on hot days and when the car has been driven earlier in the day. Never does it on a cold start.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeah its a pain hey. Its one of the issues mine had.
Oh well come Saturday afetrnoon the whole saga sholud be behind me I hope......................................

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:39 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

What the hell? what are you going to do now?

Josh

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EDL Fairmont Wagon/AU XR8 Ghia

NSW, Australia

Damn shame dude, it looked to have so much potential. So you're down to the Mav now huh for a daily?

Oh, do we still need to put in that headlining?

Cheers
RD

=1994 ED Wagon GLi body/EL Fairmont spec with *ALL* EL running gear.=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65695
=1998 EL Futura Sedan - The EF Fairmonts Replacement=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=106588

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeah mate thats about it. Down to the Mav as a practical everyday car.................LOL :lol:

It would have had potential but once you start scratching the surface and find what really has to be done to get it all to a decent standard , work out the cost to what the car is really worth it becomes fairly obvious its no longer a workable situation.
I really shot myself in the a*** with it. Had I just stuck to my guns with ED and worked on that instead of looking for a better option I would be a lot further ahead then I am now. Im actually behind at this point in time.
The good gear I had started to collect for the V8 rebuild will go still go into the motor I have over time and a nice well worked motor will find its way into the Maverick.
At this point in time nah mate we wont be doing the hood lining.But who knows with my luck lately the sale is just as likely to fall on its a*** and Ill be back to square one.

I reckon there will be a replacement once i get some s**t in order and get back on top of things.
It will still be a Ford , it will have provision to be if not already a V8 and it most definately will not be an E series. I just dont think the passion is there for me. So it will be an X series. I have a few ideas in the pipeline so we will wait and see where it heads.
So yeah the next one I will definatley be returning to the mighty Clevo for another run!

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

Go the X series!

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4