PROJECT [STOJET] MY EL FAIRMONT AU11 V8 

Page 1 of 8 [ 114 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Post subject: PROJECT [STOJET] MY EL FAIRMONT AU11 V8
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

VIC, Australia

Hi all,

after much debate and deliberating with the boys ive decided to turbo a au11 xr8 engine. Should see the engine in a week or 2 and start the project.

i have a friend thats is a fabricator and will make up the exhaust manifold and all the necessary turbo piping. But will need as much advice as possibly for options ideas and hints.

Turbo will be a t04z with a 132 exhaust housing

These pics is what it looked like, previsouly had a raptor supercharger with the 6 then went back to na6 which was great behind the t5 now goin back to auto with the new setup.

Last pick is were its at now ready to drop the v8 in

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Last edited by stoj79 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: MY EL FAIRMONT SOON TO BE V8 TURBO
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Also have a comp cam which im unsure if xe282hr-12 dur@50 232 int 240 exh valve lift 565 int 574 exh

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Yep, looks right, Great cam, I had it in my old 5.0. Worked brilliantly on the bottle.
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

awaits with interest.. this car reminds me alot of my old ef fairmont.. excepth this one looks tidier.. turbo v8.. ?? now thats something different in an e series..

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Watching with interest!! Seems like its gonna be a good build and a bit of a handful mate, V8 turbo FTW :twisted:

Theres a guy over here in NZ, running a AU2 XR8 motor stroked to 331 in his EF Fairmont 5 speed, running the same T04z turbo i think and it hauls a**. Cant wait to see progress on this one :wink:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I Think ive seen that one on youtube, on the dyno pulls 330rwk on 11psi very strong. Not looking for that much power his running forged internals stock heads just bigger valves and hd valve springs.

Im aiming for about 250rwk as thats what this motor will take before it stresses internals to much and goes bust so will be goin for a little less then that but more so looking at the torque figure it will bring

At the start will be running the standard auto with a shift and a stall later goin towards a c4 3 speed fully manualised if the other breaks.

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

Now this, is going to be fun to watch in progress. once done, vids or ban.

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

There will be more than enough vids once shes up and running. Once things get moving thats when ill start to get excited the idea will be get the mates down on a sat morning get the barbi goin at 8am.

Bacon and eggs + oj :) " need a big breakfast" then we start work pulling out of the other car by mid day itll be barbi and beers then get goin again.

The plan is to get the engine in place along with auto as then we can start to measure out everything for the manifolds and piping and were the turbo will sit.

So if everything goes to plan project v8turbo (STOJET) will start to take place sat week.

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

stoj79 wrote:
There will be more than enough vids once shes up and running. Once things get moving thats when ill start to get excited the idea will be get the mates down on a sat morning get the barbi goin at 8am.

Bacon and eggs + oj :) " need a big breakfast" then we start work pulling out of the other car by mid day itll be barbi and beers then get goin again.

The plan is to get the engine in place along with auto as then we can start to measure out everything for the manifolds and piping and were the turbo will sit.

So if everything goes to plan project v8turbo (STOJET) will start to take place sat week.

That sounds almost as good as building the car lol

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I need to motivate the boys so whenever we need things done to the cars its beers or jack daniels and food works everytime.

Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: f6 rspec

NSW, Australia

great looking car mate, nice choice of rims :) this car should be a weapon with this setup.

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:23 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

LOL.. We will see if STOJ pics up a tool during the time of the motor being pulled out and put into his! ;) Stoj you do and good job on keeping the food and Jacks coming, looking foward to putting this one together, but will diffently be a handful to get going due to the amount of fab work that will need to be done. But no doubt it will get finished.

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I will be passing the tools and pumping up the engine crane and ahhh yeh keep the barbi and drinks goin. I think the easier part will be putting the engine in but yes the fab work will be intrested dave.

Ive had a look at the single turbo setups they have on the mustangs pretty much have to doa carbon copy but the oppersite side.

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I will be passing the tools and pumping up the engine crane and ahhh yeh keep the barbi and drinks goin. I think the easier part will be putting the engine in but yes the fab work will be intrested dave.

Ive had a look at the single turbo setups they have on the mustangs pretty much have to doa carbon copy but the oppersite side.

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:48 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

That is where you will be spending plenty of your hard earned money my friend. On the FAB work, lucky ash can do it.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 8  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next