Fordmods Logo

Ryan's EL Tickford Build! - Fairmont Front Fitted! 

Page 6 of 7 [ 101 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: Ryan's EL Tickford Build! - KMac Camber & Castor Kit!
Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:28 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 1998 EL Ford Futura

VIC, Australia

Fitted a good K-Mac Camber and Castor kit to the front today to allow for more adjustment being so low, getting a little tired of scrubbing out new tyres. Some say you don't need it and there's enough adjustment from stock, but it's so easy to do I thought why not. Eliminates the " too hard, it's close enough " when getting a wheel alignment done too, as i've noticed so many guys out there don't bother adjusting your wheel alignment correctly, probably cause they're too lazy to bother with shims. I'll post some pictures later. :)

MY BUILD:
- Oxford Green 1998 EL Ford Futura. Hybrid EL Tickford Engine. 3.45 LSD Diff. DL LTD Interior. Cruise Climate Trip HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:12 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

On friday I got a set of 5 DL LTD Rims in 16" instead of 15" genuine with centre caps for a good price, and then then today I got a set of 4 tyres for $80 to fit. Pretty happy about how cheap I got everything. I'll be getting the tyres fitted hopefully this week sometime and fitting them up to the EL. Should look nice I think, i'll be posting up some pictures for peoples opinions. This'll be the first major outside appearance change i've done in quite a while besides tint. Pretty keen!

:D

MY BUILD:
- Oxford Green 1998 EL Ford Futura. Hybrid EL Tickford Engine. 3.45 LSD Diff. DL LTD Interior. Cruise Climate Trip HERE

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:12 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

On friday I got a set of 5 DL LTD Rims in 16" instead of 15" genuine with centre caps for a good price, and then then today I got a set of 4 tyres for $80 to fit. Pretty happy about how cheap I got everything. I'll be getting the tyres fitted hopefully this week sometime and fitting them up to the EL. Should look nice I think, i'll be posting up some pictures for peoples opinions. This'll be the first major outside appearance change i've done in quite a while besides tint. Pretty keen!

:D

MY BUILD:

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:17 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

As promised here are some pictures with 16" DL LTD wheels, new tint and K Mac camer kit fitted! Looking good I think! Opinions?

MY BUILD:

Post subject: Re: Ryan's EL Tickford Build! - DL LTD WHEELS!
Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 95 EF GLI

VIC, Australia

personally not a fan of those wheels, they look like hupcaps from supercheap auto. Good work on the rest of the car though its coming along great.

95 Ef Gli, mods : Tickford Head, Tickford ecu, Pacemaker 4499, Venom 100 cpi cat, Redback 2.5" catback, Wade 977b cam, ba xr6 intake and SS inductions, k & n filter & leather seats. 147.5kw @ wheels

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:49 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford EL Falcon

VIC, Australia

Love the wheels.

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

DLs are a boss looking factory Ford wheel. Had them on my DF LTD.

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

QLD, Australia

Chargd wrote:
personally not a fan of those wheels, they look like hupcaps from supercheap auto. Good work on the rest of the car though its coming along great.

1+ sorry man

You didn't want to go with clear side indicators? I can't wait to change mine i just can't get the motivation to actually do it.

Post subject: Re: Ryan's EL Tickford Build! - Tint Time!
Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

ryanpatrick42 wrote:
Also how do you think it would look with chrome dress trims on the black chasers?[/b]

Do it.

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:46 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

brendanssound wrote:
ryanpatrick42 wrote:
Also how do you think it would look with chrome dress trims on the black chasers?[/b]

Do it.

Yeah I'm going to get a good set of tread for the chasers and dress trims to have as a second set to change over when I like. :D

Unfortunately the whole front end has been destroyed pretty much since my last post. I parked it and when leaving the concrete thing that stops you from parking too far forward caught the bottom of the bar, ripped the front bar off, all the plastic wheel arch surrounds and indicators.

So i'm currently in the process of painting up a Fairmont front end and contemplating putting a BF Bonnet Bulge on too.

I've also added some EF rear tail lights and the clear altezza lights have now been deleted!

Photos will be up very soon of progress.

MY BUILD:

Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

oh man that sucks.. reminds me of the second day after i got my Ps .. Dropped the mrs off at tafe "Yes dear.. I'll be safe" .. backed out and right into one of those yellow poles planted in a "No parking" area.. i just thought it was an empty spot i could be lazy and back into and turn around from there. Didn't even see the pole.. in my defense it looked like the pole had taken a few hits before from previous unsuspecting victims and if it was that tilted before i got there.. Wasn't much chance of me seeing it.

Fairmont front end will look pretty good though.. happy accident? Keen to see how the bonnet bulge turns out. As always ill be lurking around to see the progress.

Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:04 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: DL LTD

NSW, Australia

ryanpatrick42 wrote:
Fitted a good K-Mac Camber and Castor kit to the front today to allow for more adjustment being so low, getting a little tired of scrubbing out new tyres. Some say you don't need it and there's enough adjustment from stock, but it's so easy to do I thought why not. Eliminates the " too hard, it's close enough " when getting a wheel alignment done too, as i've noticed so many guys out there don't bother adjusting your wheel alignment correctly, probably cause they're too lazy to bother with shims. I'll post some pictures later. :)

How much does a castor/camber kit go for?

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:57 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

I think it depends greatly on the brand and quality. I did some research and was told that K-Mac were a good quality brand so that's what I looked for. New for around $300 is what I was told, though I found a second hand set barely used for $60 so snapped them up! Guess I was lucky. :)

MY BUILD:

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

NT, Australia

Hey dude.

Just been having a read through a few 6 threads for some inspiration to go to the shed and do some more on my car today.

I've always loved the deep dark green EL colour. Is it the shade that almost looks black at night?

IMHO when it comes to factory 16s for fords the EF/EL XR rims were it, all the rest just had nothing on them..

And I was glad to read you left the altezza lights. I've always seen them as trying to fast and furious the car, just need neons under it and some gauges on a pillar mount lol. Leave them for the commodore owners... I sold 7 sets to VN-VS owners when I was working at repco..

The EF and EL stock lights have different lens colour yes? I like the ones with the clear indicator lens. Just red and clear.

@DL LTD also. The Nolathane camber kits 45146X are around 150 for a pair. I have them and they work quite well.

Either way. Lookin good.. Can't wait to see the next lot of mods..

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 95 EF GLI

VIC, Australia

ryanpatrick42 wrote:
Octane Window Tint, which is the darkest legal tint is now all done and i'm very pleased with the results. Looks very nice and I don't personally see the point of going any darker if it's going to be illegal as this tint seems quite dark and dark enough for me!

Have a look for yourself. :)

Note the commodore next to it with no tint to compare.

Also how do you think it would look with chrome dress trims on the black chasers?

just wondering how much you paid for the octane tint?

95 Ef Gli, mods : Tickford Head, Tickford ecu, Pacemaker 4499, Venom 100 cpi cat, Redback 2.5" catback, Wade 977b cam, ba xr6 intake and SS inductions, k & n filter & leather seats. 147.5kw @ wheels

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 7  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next