Fordmods Logo

Seans EB11 (aka da coonbus) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Seans EB11 (aka da coonbus)
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: eb gli, s13 silvia sr20det

SA, Australia

Hey all, ive been stalking these forums for a while now and thought it was time to introduce my self. so here goes. My names Sean im 22years old, engaged and soon to be a dad. well that enough about me for now. time to get into what were here for lol.

I all started about 4 years ago. when I bought my first nice car a 1993 nissan s13 silvia sr20det.
All was good untill about 4 weeks after i bought it. I had blown my turbo so i thought cant be too
hard as im fairly good with cars. So i poped the hood and it ended there i had 1 look and got
scared too much in such a small space. so i desided to put it away in storege for a while witch
left me with no car. Later that week my old man pulls up in a new ford escape that he just bought
so i go out expecting his old car too be gone. but insted he gave me the keys to his ebxr6 and
says just give me $500 and shes yours. So i agreed and was mobile again i drove it back and
forword too work for a while and really started to get use to the characteristics of the car. Then
the bug started to bite so of to a mates old mans exhaust shop and on went a 2 1/2" systym
with a custom muffler (im a sheet metal worker by trade) and a custom C.A.I with pod enclosed in
stainless steal and perspex box.I was happy with this for a couple of years. Then my missus got
her p's and needed the car while i was at work.Then 1 day she droped me off and 2 hours later
i get a call to say the car has died so i get home from work and me and the old man start to
investergate and a quick check of the oil and coolent told us the head or head gasket was gone.
So this being our only transport it had to be fixed as cheap and asap lucky my dads a
walking talking workshop manual when it comes to engines but unfortunately cant get his hands
dirty due to bad arthritis . so he stood there giving my directions an a couple of hours later i had
it out had a bit of a look and found the head had cracked on every cyl except 1st and 6th. so off for a trip to good ol u-pull-it and $87 later i had an el tickford xr6 head so cleaned it all up and slaped it back together with a new head gasket and she was going again. (Cheers dad) so it was back too its dutys of getting me to work and gettin the missus around all was good after that till last october . When i get a call to say the 2nd half wraped it round a tree. as u can imagine i was devoed but main thing was she was alright. So i took the wreck across the road to store on a mates land till i sorted out what was gonna happen. Any ways 4 weeks later my old man woke me up telling me to get up we gotta go pick a car up. So with a smile from ear to ear we went to go look at this car. we rock up in the drive way and i see this eb gli nearly identical to my old xr6 so after takeing it for a drive i started to haggle the bloke down i throw a non searious offer of $900 and to my shook he took it. my old man couldnt belive what i had done so before he had a chance to change his mind we left. when i got home i found all these recipets for just over $4000 of parts that bad been changed in the last 18 mounths so that was a bonus. then i stirpped what i could of the xr6 and put it on the gli. and have been driving it ever since then a couple of weeks ago i was at u-pull-it with a mate and came across a set of pacemaker extractors so scored them for $49 and then another mate wrote off his ef so i scored his 17"s and super low springs all round and this is how it sits now.. p.s sorry for the long post got a bit carred away lol
cheers sean

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My Toys
1989 N13 Langley 18le+turbo(first car will never sell)
1992 EB11 xr6 (crashed)Daily
1992 EB11 gli (swaping parts from xr6 )Daily
1993 S13 Silvia SR20 turbo (weekender)
1999 kawisaki kx 125 motocross bike
2001 yamaha yz 125 motocross bike

Post subject: Re: Seans EB11 (aka da coonbus)
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2006 BF XR8 Boss 260

New Zealand

Looks good mate, you got the bug good :)

Current...
XY Faker Project...
EL XR6 Work Hack...

Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

"coonbus" wow that isn't even remotely racist lmfao

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: eb gli, s13 silvia sr20det

SA, Australia

Froudey wrote:
"coonbus" wow that isn't even remotely racist lmfao

lol didnt think of it like that :lol: !!!!! my mates used to call it the falcoon then one nite after a few bevys it changed to da coonbus

My Toys
1989 N13 Langley 18le+turbo(first car will never sell)
1992 EB11 xr6 (crashed)Daily
1992 EB11 gli (swaping parts from xr6 )Daily
1993 S13 Silvia SR20 turbo (weekender)
1999 kawisaki kx 125 motocross bike
2001 yamaha yz 125 motocross bike

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]