Seftons EA 

Page 2 of 6 [ 86 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Seftons EA
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1991 Ford Fairmont Ghia

New Zealand

this one is a lowkey production error with the top being a mirror image, apart from that legit so scored a nice deal. yeah mentioned they've got him doped up for his back, also reckons i should go see a guy in town who races the nzv8s or utes.

Build Thread - More of a mismatch of parts :P the-garage-f53/seftons-ea-t106586.html

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

nice work but why didnt you just keep the ed in one piece? didnt like it as much as the ea?

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

New Zealand

Well the eas pretty straight except a aging quite bad paint job in some places, no rust, mechanically sound and not to mention its my first car. The eds cool but has what looks like a really bad bog job around the fuel flap some bubbles in the paint there not to mention the sills! full of rust, has cracked through the firewall as well. Also no wof or registration.

I think ill stick with the ea for along time to come, its taught me alot

Build Thread - More of a mismatch of parts :P the-garage-f53/seftons-ea-t106586.html

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

sounds like a good idea to stick with the ea than lol, always good for the parts if everything thats bad on the ea is good on the ed , the best thing to do is keep the best body though, no point prettying up somthing thats falling apart lol

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

New Zealand

True that man! How much are you guys paying for heavy duty clutches over in aus? Was looking at one son ebay to cheap to believe even with the exchange rate.

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i wouldnt have a clue im just throwing the original clutch back in my car because i havent strenthend the fire wall or pedalbox, in about 12months time it should be pretty well rooted and ill have the fire wall plate on it and will throw a bigger clutch in

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

it makes me laugh that they say on ebay that the clutch is different between standard e series falcon and xr models, the engine and gear box is exactly the same its just 20 odd kw more

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

New Zealand

hard this guy on trademe tried selling xr6 injectors, stating that they were a high performance item, bear in mind this is for a ed, did some research on here apparently there exactly the same! and he was trying to get 150 for them second hand! yeah just got my firewall strengthener, dont want that firewall cracking :/

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

do you think mine would crack giving it a little caning here and there with the standard clutch?

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

New Zealand

I would have no idea ae, im just purely going out and buying a heavy duty clutch, so if i do give it a bit of a kane every now and then i dont have to worry about it . . . so much. When i drove this manual falcon home to mine the clutch felt heavy as, and its a standard one. Pitty i cant use it was stuffed. The falcon had a massive crack through the firewall, rang some guys up round town they reckoned at the max 100 dollars to fix it, id rather just use one of fiends firewall strengtheners and be safe with the fairmont.

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

preventions better than cracking it out then having to fix it and put a strengthener on after that, mines not damaged as far as i can see, my standard clutch is suprisingly heavy on the foot

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:44 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AUII XR8 Pursuit & EF XR6

NSW, Australia

Just on the heavy pedal topic, ive heard that if your clutch is fine and in working order than the cable could be the issue as they fray and bind up. Might be worth looking into...

- 1994 EF XR6, Auto, EL XR wheels. Clean and close to original ( Missus' Kiddie Chariot )
- 2001 AUII XR8 Pursuit ute, 5 speed, 18" alloys, custom tray. Goes alright!! lol

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

New Zealand

i'll have a look at the cable when i pull it out'v the coon, blasted pedalbox doesnt want to come out! can't wait till that manual action, defs gotta get a cam after i go manual.

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

im just going to enjoy the manual for a while, maybe put my 2.5 inch exhaust on it, one day ill probably get a mild wade cam
as for the clutch, my cable seems brand new

BF XR6

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Bry40l, I put a manual in my wagon and within two years the firewall had collapsed badly. Get a strengthening plate made up now to prevent hassles.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 6  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next